North history DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Walked into the Ballarat AFL store and they have the NMFC History DVD for $39.99, when i told the store owner its $30 at the Roo Shop, his response was that he has to make 100% markup :eek: Another good reason to buy your merchandise from the NMFC.:D

Watched mine last week. Absolutely loved it.

The only part I though was a bit silly was the "hard nuts" section which mainly showed blokes throwing punches and others running into fences.

Particulary enjoyed the footage from the 70's. Arden St games, '77 1st Semi and PF, '78 and '79 finals.

Given the footage is obviously there, I wonder how hard it would be to put together a DVD devoted to the '70's?

Given the footage is obviously there, I wonder how hard it would be to put together a DVD devoted to the '70's?

It wouldn't be difficult, but marketing would debate whether it would sell enough units to be profitable and even then would have to be released when the timing would be right. If it was released this year then it would go compete with the DVD just released and might affect the sales of both.

for a DVD devoted to the hsitory of the North Melbourne Football Club, I thought it was pretty dissapointing.

the DVD seemed to start in 1970, with the first 100 years of the club's history being covered in the first 5 minutes. there was no new research, no new images or photography, just basically a bunch of stuff lifted from the North Story which many of us had already seen.

the last 40 years of the club's history was interesting, but I found Keka's narration nauseating. he narrated the DVD like it was a friggin lamb Ad. it was 95% highlights of onfield successes. very little talk of the other parts of the club, like the off field administration etc. that got us to where we are today

it was a decent view, but definitely wasn't worth $30. I know the club is strapped for cash, but I would have preferred for them to sit on this and make sure the DVD was done properly and throughly, before going off and pushing this out the door. or at the least, market it for what it was. highlights of the last 40 years of North Melbourne. not a true historical DVD.

After watching the segment showing David Dench, i cant but help see a very strong resemblance to Cameron Ling???.... Could, North have possibly missed out on a potential Father-Son selection???

After watching the segment showing David Dench, i cant but help see a very strong resemblance to Cameron Ling???.... Could, North have possibly missed out on a potential Father-Son selection???

Uncanny. Hate to have to separate them in a line-up.

David-Dench-6024882.jpg

wbFOOTYling_wideweb__430x292.jpg

Same scowl.

Btw, why is Cameron Ling standing next to Howard Jones ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just checked it out and I agree with Nim, that the older days should have received more coverage.

Where was Father Gerard Dowling?

No mention of Sel Murray or Jock Spencer.

Are there any multimedia types here?

I reckon I could do some research and put together another 30- 45 mins covering the late 1800's to 1960

Because he'd like to get to know him well?

Very good rb!

I'm yet to check it out but will for sure when possible to do so.

Going by the reviews here I hope the club can continue to source footage, interviews, info. on the years preceding the 60's. They are, after all, the base our club today is built upon.........and as important as any other in our great club's history.

Because he'd like to get to know him well?

:thumbsu:

Really though, who wouldn't ?

This is why Geelong are a better side. They hang out with cooler 80's rockstars than us.

lionelrichie.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I guess this is as good a place as any.

Does anybody know what the ABC Documentary about North's 1980 season is called, and where I can get my hands on it? I know I've seen it online before, and I think it's now in the National Archive or one of those organisations.

Thanks guys.

War without Weapons.

you used to be able to watch it here:http://www.abc.net.au/aplacetothink/html/weapons.htm

and you can buy it here as part of a triple pack(which I did):https://www.fbo.com.au/movie.asp?ID=20472

Remove this Banner Ad

North history DVD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back