North make $5m offer for Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co
North making massive over the top offers is just getting embaressing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Gotta meet min salary cap somehow. Been frontloading for so long that we actually need to pay someone.

From the article Saints have offered something in the same vicinity though i wouldnt have thought theyd have a dog in the hunt.

Does North announcing big money offers like this scare off potential trades though? This strategy didnt work with Kelly or Martin, what makes them think it'd work with De Goey? Or is this more a PR exercise to shake off the perception they are a cash strapped club?

Cash is king, wobbler cant get near the 800k mark I feel they want lynch who is what they actually need. A talent hff only played a few good games is not another dusty. Also Richmond had enough cap to raise the bar to 1.3 and premiership fav to boot. Lynch is someone's who will win u a flag if u got the right structure.

I think he stays but offers like that will certainly make Collingwood cough up more.

That's good thing, cost us nothing make opp more uncomfortable and they'd miss out on lynch.......whoops no flags.

For a guy averaging 18 disposals, JDG isn't getting 5 million from North. Kelly on the other hand or Gaff on good money. North need genuine mids, not part-time mids, we've already got a few of them.

The player manager's linking everyone to North sthick is getting a little old.
If false, North would come out and deny it.

If false, North would come out and deny it.
I dont think we would. Id say we do want him if he does think about leaving and saying we didnt offer that probably doesnt help our chances.

And we probably have made an offer. Probably close to whats reported. I think the issue us fans have is the perception that we are leaking these things. Because that also doesnt help our chances. So cant understand why we would do that either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with an agent trying to get the best deal for their player.

He's not worth half that though. He should stay at Collingwood he fits their team very well.

Tbh it was probably JDG’s agent that organised for the article to get written. There’s nothing wrong with being offered 500k by current club, 1m by different club and using the media to generate discussion to lift that 500k offer closer to 1m.

I’d imagine JDG would stay at the pies for around 75% of what he’d make at North.

I dont think we would. Id say we do want him if he does think about leaving and saying we didnt offer that probably doesnt help our chances.

And we probably have made an offer. Probably close to whats reported. I think the issue us fans have is the perception that we are leaking these things. Because that also doesnt help our chances. So cant understand why we would do that either

fair enough about the source of the leak. just be pretty bold for the age to publish this if no truth to it. makes sense for degoeys team to leak it to squeeze the alcheapo pies.

I agree. But 1M a year for 5 years isnt completely outlandish for De Goey if your club wants to get him. It'd be a shit move if Carlton offered that but we're in a completely different position.

It would be a shit move for Carlton because you guys need A LOT of work.

Tbh it was probably JDG’s agent that organised for the article to get written. There’s nothing wrong with being offered 500k by current club, 1m by different club and using the media to generate discussion to lift that 500k offer closer to 1m.

I’d imagine JDG would stay at the pies for around 75% of what he’d make at North.

He'll stay for ~800K*3 years, leaving him out of contract in time for FA, after stringing North along for a couple of months, leaving them with egg on their faces...again, and with a desperate need to land anyone half decent who will talk to them in order to appear credible.

Don’t think North leaked this. But unsure why people think it’s so wrong to offer players big contracts in any case. Future stars won’t leave for small coin. We’ve got cash to spare, why not make offers. People just enjoy pretending that the big names only turn North down, when in reality Martin & Kelly turned multiple suitors down.

Don’t think North leaked this. But unsure why people think it’s so wrong to offer players big contracts in any case. Future stars won’t leave for small coin. We’ve got cash to spare, why not make offers. People just enjoy pretending that the big names only turn North down, when in reality Martin & Kelly turned multiple suitors down.

North were vocal about offering Kelly and Martin a lot of money - other clubs weren't. But I agree with you on it not being wrong to do that. Its perfectly fine to offer top level players a top level dollar. Is De Goey that player? That is something North will assess between now and the end of the year, and if they deem him to be then we might see a big offer again. I like what North are doing. They know they need an elite mid and they are going all out to get one. Good on them. I hope they land one this trade period.

I think its a lot to do with the principle of it all. Basically going all out in the middle of a season to prise away players.

Sport is becoming more and more a business...but people dont like it. North are seen as the badguys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back