North make $5m offer for Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why the publicity drive is on with "operation destination club"
From young guns in the darft to established guns in the system, no one wants to go to Arden st, even Sam Kekovich said the same tonight on the Front Bar, initially he was gutted he didnt end up at Carlton and was picked up by North. 50 years on and nothing has changed

That’s funny, LDU & Thomas are very happy to come to North as were Dal Santo, Anderson, Higgins & Waite. Is your only evidence 50 years old?

Last edited:
I really think he's worth 5-600k right now. The Pies may offer up to about 700 (surely not much more). Him and his manager need to make a call on what he values.

But is he really worth $1m.

If North has offered $1m a year for 5 that’s what he’s worth.
He could take unders to stay, but I wouldn’t think that would be any less than $800k.

Still think he will stay, but Pies will now be paying him another couple of hundred a season.

But then again, North have to land a big fish eventually.

De Goey must be the greatest Collingwood player of the 21st century? Personally i don't rate him in their top 5 currently, but if North want to throw all that money at this average player then go right ahead...It's an insane offer that De Goey must take, surely Eddie won't go close to matching that sort of insanity?

No, it’s not true. Arden St has had significant upgrades in recent years.

You didn’t answer my post anyway, all I pointed out was that Martin and Kelly turned down multiple clubs, not just North.

How do you figure the “low chance of a premiership over the next few years”? The Dogs paid Tom Boyd $1m a year when they were looking like being down the bottom for some time. Did you pick them to win the flag after their 2014/5?
Why did you engage with the troll bait?

I don't find anything surprising about the $5m offer for him. Its well established that North have cap space and you have to pay overs to get players to move to your club unless you can just about promise them being in premiership contention or there is some go home factor helping you out.

It is a huge offer, but he's an up and coming potential star of the competition and as you said, it's hard to snatch those players. It's similar to the Dogs offering Boyd $1m a year on pure potential, and in my view De Goey has shown far more to this point than Boyd had shown prior to the Dogs' offer.

Cash is king, wobbler cant get near the 800k mark I feel they want lynch who is what they actually need. A talent hff only played a few good games is not another dusty. Also Richmond had enough cap to raise the bar to 1.3 and premiership fav to boot. Lynch is someone's who will win u a flag if u got the right structure.

Moore is also receiving large offers.

For a guy averaging 18 disposals, JDG isn't getting 5 million from North. Kelly on the other hand or Gaff on good money. North need genuine mids, not part-time mids, we've already got a few of them.

The player manager's linking everyone to North sthick is getting a little old.

Well there is a good chance we will see De Goey play more midfield minutes niw Treloar is out. Hard to get 30 touches playing forward and kicking bags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were vocal about offering Kelly and Martin a lot of money - other clubs weren't. But I agree with you on it not being wrong to do that. Its perfectly fine to offer top level players a top level dollar. Is De Goey that player? That is something North will assess between now and the end of the year, and if they deem him to be then we might see a big offer again. I like what North are doing. They know they need an elite mid and they are going all out to get one. Good on them. I hope they land one this trade period.

You guys are also chasing Degoey for a similar offer.

If North send over Ben Brown then feel free to pay JDG whatever you want. Short of that what other trade pieces would attract Collingwood? (Its not North are getting a great draft pick this year).

I think the most likely outcome will be Jordan goes for a 3yr deal on lower money, and then banks on himself hitting that Dusty range once he hita Free Agency proper (and who knows what the market will look like then).

I really think he's worth 5-600k right now. The Pies may offer up to about 700 (surely not much more). Him and his manager need to make a call on what he values.

But is he really worth $1m. Either North are into taking some massive risks in FA or they've got way too much cap space to know what to do with. (Surely Browns manager should be looking at this and demanding his client gets a giant pay rise)... or Niall is just leaking "stories" to the media to try and pressure Collingwood. I think history has shown the Pies wont cave much.

North will end up with a top 10 pick this year most likely 9 or 10.

Will need next years as well and something back.

Pies may need to trade for Lynch to get him.

Is it true that North have some of the worst facilities in the league, plus play in front of small crowds and have a low chance of a premiership over the next few years?

Can't see how North is an attractive club to move to.

Norths are becoming more attractive after a couple of years of rebuilding and hard decisions. They may not be the biggest but they certainly punch above their weight.

They also dont have the stigma of some of the big Vic clubs who think they are better than they really are. Like Collingwood for example.o_O:cool:

If the Pies were half as good as some of their fans think they would be unbeatable.:think:

There's a salary cap to be met here and these players have hit the jackpot due to timing.

Their actual worth is irrelevant when the clubs are forced to spend the cash - Front load and forget - by the second year he'll be on $600k - $800k

You guys are also chasing Degoey for a similar offer.

I hope so. We are in a similar position to North in that we need quality midfielders. We may need DeGoey even more than North. If we have the coin then why not. Go hard at the kid. He can certainly play football and looks a sure fire gun.

All reasonable players but nothng special, none of them were guns apart from delsanto who was almost past it. Its only early but LDU looks like a bust.

I'm just going to assume you're trolling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back