North make $5m offer for Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're kidding yourself if you think a 17 disposal 0.9 goal 22 year old is worth 2 x 1st round picks. I mean, this is serious delusion.

Where did this bizarre pick/dollar barometer arise from anyway? Is this some new supercoach function?

If your club is that desperate to pay someone who averages 17 disposals, 0.9 goals a million dollars you will be desperate enough to cough up 2 first round picks. But he is staying so continue fantasising about Kelly instead

If your club is that desperate to pay someone who averages 17 disposals, 0.9 goals a million dollars you will be desperate enough to cough up 2 first round picks.

No champ, that's not how it works.

If the million is actually correct, it's designed to make Collingwood leave the negotiation table, and it has ZERO correlation with trade value.

Y'see, Collingwood will have decided that he's not worth a million bucks, that's all. To then turn around and suggest he is worth more than that in trade value (2 x 1st round picks) is delusional.

But he is staying so continue fantasising about Kelly instead

I don't reckon he'll leave either, but we will be getting Kelly and you are seriously hallucinating if you think De Goey is in that category.

Kelly IS worth 2 x 1st round picks.

If the million is actually correct, it's designed to make Collingwood leave the negotiation table, and it has ZERO correlation with trade value.

Y'see, Collingwood will have decided that he's not worth a million bucks, that's all. To then turn around and suggest he is worth more than that in trade value (2 x 1st round picks) is delusional.

I don't reckon he'll leave either, but we will be getting Kelly and you are seriously hallucinating if you think De Goey is in that category.

He might not be worth 2. But if you don’t want a player to leave a club who isn’t a free agent than you have to pay overs. Lever and Tom Boyd weren’t worth 2 first rounders either. But that’s what you have to pay.

Everyone at Pie land is laughing

That is ridiculous reasoning. Lever didn’t finish in the top 10 at Adelaide’s Best and Fairest and still Melbourne were made to pay overs. North are offering a million dollars because they know they offer nothing else besides money. Stop being stupid, Surely you cannot be that daft

He might not be worth 2.

That's right, and it's why we won't be paying it.

But if you don’t want a player to leave a club who isn’t a free agent than you have to pay overs.

We pay overs with $$$$$ mate.

Lever and Tom Boyd weren’t worth 2 first rounders either. But that’s what you have to pay.

Tom Mitchell & 57 went for pick 14 and 52. That's De Goeys market value. There's your barometer for a talented but unrealised 23 year old.

In fact, Mitchell had BETTER exposed form than De Goey.

That's right, and it's why we won't be paying it.

We pay overs with $$$$$ mate.

Tom Mitchell & 57 went for pick 14 and 52. That's De Goeys market value. There's your barometer for a talented but unrealised 23 year old.

In fact, Mitchell had BETTER exposed form than De Goey.
Where are you posting ATM?
Water and food starved under a hot sun in an equatorial desert?

Kid's a jet.
A 17 possession a game jet? I rate him behind Pendlebury, Treloar, Stephenson, Grundy and Adams, probably Elliot too when fit! The Pies must be flag favourites? Good luck to De Goey if anyone is that crazy to pay him that sort of money, if i was Stephenson's manager i'd be asking Eddie for a whole lot more when the time comes!

North supporters using another thread to pot Richmond. Weird obsession.
I thought I could be schooled by the Richmond faithful that are all footy oracles after securing a flag after 37 years?

The truth is, so many Richmond supporters are in this thread because they still have a bad taste in their mouths from the Dusty saga.

Is he injured or disinterested? On very good money for a part time midfielder/forward lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weird post.

Prestia, Nank and Caddy fit perfectly into Richmonds system and helped them win a flag while Richmond had to pay Dusty that much because your team upped the ante?

Richmond have managed their list superbly over the last few years.
Lol

Make valid point- Richmond blonk starts rattling on about system fits and perfectly managed lists. In reality, your club hasn't managed its list very well, otherwise you would of locked dusty away for 800k the year before

Once again.

Lol

I thought I could be schooled by the Richmond faithful that are all footy oracles after securing a flag after 37 years?

The truth is, so many Richmond supporters are in this thread because they still have a bad taste in their mouths from the Dusty saga.

Is he injured or disinterested? On very good money for a part time midfielder/forward lol

If you are so interested in Dusty, perhaps make a thread on him. This ones about Norths offer to DeGoey.

Interestingly, at the start of last year a lot of people were scoffing at North offering Josh Kelly the money we did, saying he was an unproven young midfielder etc etc, that's certainly changed.

North have pretty good talent ID.

We go after absolute A grade.

And then we let guys who just aren't that good, or are past it, like Greenwood and Wells, go to midrange clubs (at best) that won't never pose a genuine September threat for ages like Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are so interested in Dusty, perhaps make a thread on him. This ones about Norths offer to DeGoey.

Perhaps Richmond supporters could stop infesting any North thread about a trade then.

Am very glad we didn't end up getting Dusty myself, was never keen on him to begin with. He's totally gone off the boil - got the flag, got the cash, he's just cruising at best now.

Yep, with stunning predictability.

Yep, with stunning predictability.

Was always going to be difficult to get him to leave Collingwood, but this is why North shouldn't let it all play out in public - only leaves their supporters disappointed when they miss out.

Was always going to be difficult to get him to leave Collingwood, but this is why North shouldn't let it all play out in public - only leaves their supporters disappointed when they miss out.

I'm not disappointed, and it was his manager who made it public, not us.

I do find it interesting that's always us who are singled out as having "missed out" when St Kilda and others are always right there with the chequebook in hand too.

Seems North have missed out again.
Wonder who they target next.

"target" is an interesting word. We're making offers to blokes coming out of contract, just like you are to Lynch.

I'm not disappointed, and it was his manager who made it public, not us.

I do find it interesting that's always us who are singled out as having "missed out" when St Kilda and others are always right there with the chequebook in hand too.

You might not be but a lot of North people would.

Your offer was bigger than the Saints and they haven't commented on it. Brad Scott only added fuel to the fire yesterday.

What is the strategy behind it? Because with other clubs it's all speculation until the player nominates them end of year. North don't hide their intentions - which I think is exciting - but perhaps they should wait until the player has committed and not after they've tabled a huge offer.

Perhaps Richmond supporters could stop infesting any North thread about a trade then.

Am very glad we didn't end up getting Dusty myself, was never keen on him to begin with. He's totally gone off the boil - got the flag, got the cash, he's just cruising at best now.
yet still better than everyone on your list, we still have the flag in the bad, and your team reminds of that creep at the club that keeps getting rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back