North make $5m offer for Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne Russell hit the nail on the head, why would he want to leave possibly the biggest club in Australia, playing in massive blockbusters in a top side for a few extra hundred thousand a year to play for a smaller club, small crowds, plus going to Tassie 4 times a year in front of 7 thousand. Makes no sense.

Dwayne Russell hit the nail on the head, why would he want to leave possibly the biggest club in Australia, playing in massive blockbusters in a top side for a few extra hundred thousand, a year to play for a smaller club, small crowds, plus going to Tassie 4 times a year in front of 7 thousand. Makes no sense.
For a "few hundred thousand" a year? It's a bloody lot of money mate.

For a "few hundred thousand" a year? It's a bloody lot of money mate.
It is, but like Dusty at Richmond, the oportunities at Collingwood via all types of sponsorship, endosments now and poast career far outway anything North can offer. He would make up the initial shortfall easy.

Dwayne Russell hit the nail on the head, why would he want to leave possibly the biggest club in Australia, playing in massive blockbusters in a top side for a few extra hundred thousand a year to play for a smaller club, small crowds, plus going to Tassie 4 times a year in front of 7 thousand. Makes no sense.

as you just stated, for a few extra hundred grands.....................................crowd number, size of club means jack shit, you need money full stop. These players are one injury away from retirement and disability so cash in hand beats all the other 'possibles' out in the world. Cash is king and is something your club do not have a load of in the cap department.

So you don't have to whore yourself after your career is over, making a name for yourself by making an idiot of yourself as a football commentator?

Just a guess though.

I mean, is this guys brain cells even on? Why did Franklin leave Hawthorn to go to Sydney? Why did Beams go to Brisbane? Maybe not everyone is as vain as Derwayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is, but like Dusty at Richmond, the oportunities at Collingwood via all types of sponsorship, endosments now and poast career far outway anything North can offer. He would make up the initial shortfall easy.

he is not a dustin martin type player, he is not marquee in the same league as martin full stop. For a martin like player yes they got the sponsorship and endorsement, post career. Some like do geoy is not at the same league and thus will not have anything like the no.1 player.

And save me the bullshit on post career offer, at most this guy gets a coaching role, that's easily handled by most club. Unless you got the brains and smarts like Luke Ball and Judd who are brilliant business people in their own regardless of the football, what club can offer post career is not that different in between. JDG doesn't strike me as the academic type, so post career anything corporate could be a bit hard unless he upskills himself and i am pretty sure we can offer this as well as your club. So your tried and tired bullshit on non football related stuff is hardly original.

Sav Rocca didn't mind.

He played another 100 games for North.

Sav wasnt traded by Collingwood to North. Collingwood chose Anthony of the two and delisted Saverio, leaving Sav to be drafted by North.

A phenomenal kick at goal. Was straighter than the pole your mum dances on.

So you don't have to whore yourself after your career is over, making a name for yourself by making an idiot of yourself as a football commentator?

Just a guess though.

I mean, is this guys brain cells even on? Why did Franklin leave Hawthorn to go to Sydney? Why did Beams go to Brisbane? Maybe not everyone is as vain as Derwayne.

Jordan's dying father lives on Arden St I presume.

2d1en4.jpg

Poor old North can't take a trick or seem to learn from past errors in trying to chuck money around and going public about it.

Only fools would think that North were the ones to make this information public.

Says the bloke who doesn't do Friday nights on Channel Seven, but instead does Saturday afternoon twilight games on the ****ing Gold Coast.

Spare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back