North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be three consecutive wooden spoons for the Roos with a 17th place finish in 2020 added on. They've had just 11 wins in 88 games and you'd imagine that'll be 11 wins in 89 games this time next week. That's a winning percentage of just 12.3% over the last four seasons.

Feels like a club that needs help if I'm being honest...
Others don’t want to admit it as it hurts their clubs

But the win loss over 4 years speaks for itself

Modern Unprecedented record

North wanted extra money outside the cap last year to employ more development coaches/extra staff the AFL flat out said no but he's a future second and 3rd to "help" you that you must trade
They tried to get around this in 2022 by putting a coach on the playing list. Was baffling at the time that they had to do this to ensure they had the SAME amount of assistants as other clubs.

Not sure who’s doing the budgeting for the football department but something is way off here.

Others don’t want to admit it as it hurts their clubs

But the win loss over 4 years speaks for itself

Modern Unprecedented record

You probably should have received a better priority pick last year in hindsight.

I wonder if the AFL will be reluctant to give out another pick given that West Coast have such a steep hill to climb talent wise and north actually seem to have a heap of young talent now that are all committed to long term deals and seem to love the club.

North have the highest paid coach in the competition. Why are they not being more conservative with their spending?
Alright we should go for a more budget friendly coach then, how about the Gold Coast assistant Rhyce Shaw? He should be a decent coach, or even David Noble, he has been very succesful in previous senior positions at the Lions!

Last edited:
Alright we should go for a more budget friendly coach then, how about the Gold Coast assistant Rhyce Shaw? He should be a decent coach, or even David Noble, he's been very succesful in previous senior positions at the Lions!

The $1.6m man coached half a season and took North to a third consecutive spoon. Probably better sticking with Noble.

The $1.6m man coached half a season and took North to a third consecutive spoon. Probably better sticking with Noble.
Yeah good idea, stick with the guy who within nearly two full years, had completely lost the playing group, he's budget friendly so his performance doesn't matter.

In hindsight though, I made a big mistake when I forgot to pull out the crystal ball and avoid Clarko due to the racism report and mental health struggles he would face afterwards, silly me.

Last edited:
Yeah good idea, stick with the guy who within nearly two full years, had completely lost the playing group, he's budget friendly so his performance doesn't matter.

In hindsight though, I made a big mistake when I forgot to pull out the crystal ball and avoid Clarko due to the Racism report and mental health struggles he would face afterwards, silly me.

Either way you've finished last in equally embarrassing fashion.

North not doing their due diligence on a $1.6m investment is their own fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18th with $1.6m Clarkson > 18th with Noble?

Lol.

Keep shifting the goal posts however you need to cope with North getting premium draft assistance.

Based on the current scoreline v GWS and the fact they haven't won a final since before most current BF posters were born, perhaps we should be discussing draft assistance for Essendon.
Agreed, Essendon are terrible

Not at all, I mainly feel sorry for the players as we have seen Norths ability to * up the best talent already.

Odds on for the spoon next year as well so the competition better get used to pick 1's being on the market for trade.

Makes sense.

Seeing as you love odds..

Who’s the kid that just broke AFL records on the weekend, odds on for the Rising Star, odds on for the AFLPA best first year player, likely wins a B&F in his first year and probably has a shot at the AA squad as a rookie?

Cope more.

Change the $ figure to whatever you like or remove it completely, then ask the question again.

I guess a spoon with Clarko is a little more glamorous.

What would you prefer? North go back to an unproven cheap coach like Shaw or Noble? Because that worked out so well for us?

Genuinely, feels like we would be damned if we did and dned if we didn't in your mind.

What would you prefer? North go back to an unproven cheap coach like Shaw or Noble? Because that worked out so well for us?

Genuinely, feels like we would be damned if we did and dned if we didn't in your mind.

Wouldn't worry about them, plenty of pissy types around here, cause they darn well know we're building a red hot midfield.

Lucky to have LDU as the Blues didn't want him lol.

I think spending however much (too much) on Clarkson and then complaining you don’t have enough money to spend in other areas like development and conditioning is a bit ridiculous.

I would prefer North get it right. As the AFL needs 18 and soon to be 19 strong clubs.

When Walters ends up the best player of the draft, I can’t wait to visit the “North Melbourne Priority Pick 2024” to read the complaints about how they didn’t have access to the “true pick 1”.
Nothing surer than North whining about that and demanding another PP next year after they draft more midfielders and shove their only half decent kpd out the door to try and get another early pick.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back