Tasroo

Senior List
Oct 3, 2003
Viva La Rasa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
As a Hobart supporter I would have loved to see them play in Hobart, but I never wanted to go down the path of them moving to Tassie - which I think the playing of 7 games down here was leading too. If such a move happened, North would be dead as any of us know it.

The push toward Ballarat is great news, it seems such a perfect fit to tap into a market within Victoria, North should be attempting to become the Geelong of the north and capture the northern Victoria country market. As much as I wouldn't want to change name, maybe "North Victoria Kangaroos" could stamp ourselves on the region, braking from the constraints of being just a Melbourne CBD footy club? Rather then dying, this would be growing the club.

No. As history have shown, the clubs that keep their brand and improve it are the ones that succeed. Fiddling with the name will only kill what we've got, rather than achieve anything.

Collingwood, Essendon ect have support around the country, agree we just need to stick with our brand and sell it better. Fantastic opportunity, im still pinching myself.

I think it's a good idea.

Embrace Murray Bushrangers, Mildura etc and sign up members from those areas as well. Works with the club song (also the Vic's club song)

Move quickly, before other clubs want to steal our territory & ideas (again)

Fari enough, I'm just really happy we are trying something that seems logical and has support from the members, Vic Govt and the AFL. We are being given every chance in the world to grow and importantly thrive.

I think the support the AFL has given recently has been excellent as well, although I don't think the playing of games in Tasmania was the right move, the AFL was prepared to put money into backing the NMFC and to facilitate assistance for us. I think they will really get behind this regional Victoria push as they see a real benefit for the competition and they will provide funds to make it work.

This will be remembered as the privotal day for the NMFC. I haven't posted for a couple of years and this news has got me so excited I just had to put something up!

Go Roos! Go Vic ALP!

This will be remembered as the privotal day for the NMFC. I haven't posted for a couple of years and this news has got me so excited I just had to put something up!

I suspect most of the menfolk had an involuntary reaction along similar lines Tasroo. Welcome back. Don't be a stranger eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

North Victoria Kangaroos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back