2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Great mark and goal to Cripps.

Sure was! Strong!!! He's working extremely hard :thumbsu:

Commentator said he's only 190cm :eek: ;)

Graham kicks a goal and the Blues have two in a row!

Trailing by 19 points

The more NB kids in this team the less we seem to run.

Holman has been good and I expect him to step it up from here on in.
Graham getting the ball but nowhere near as smooth as last year, just yet.
Wood is carrying on the role of a mid. Gets his kick to many contests out of stoppages.
Cripps again showing just how smart a footballer he should become but not much to write home about his game to date here today.

Pity Watson is now injured. Yes, he did give away a free kick but he's the glue for our back-kine.

Still too much chipping and then turning it over even at this level.
It's almost as though we feel that we can't run a game out and leave things for the last quarter to try and do some damage. Bewildering.

And siren. 9,15.69 to 12.6.78

Bad kicking is bad footy but in saying that, Coburg worked harder all day and deserved the win.

Cripps was the best Carlton listed player

As bad as we were, kick straight and we would have won.

Oh well. Getting used to losing games due to poor kicking.

But Crippa. Good stuff :)

Giles played without any confidence at all today whether it be back or forward.

Not understanding Graham's game in recent weeks either. Seems to have been told to stay back from the contest.
I know he got a bit of the ball but he hasn't really been going in head first as much.

Not the best game from Cripps but again showed why he will be a beauty.
Expected Holman to really step up in the second half but he didn't see anywhere near as much of the ball as you would have expected him to.

Wood hasn't had a poor game nor been beaten once this year to date.
The mids really should be doing more than they have been given the armchair ride he is giving them.

Watson going down didn't help at all as there wasn't a general left in the back-line.

Byrne has some way to go but is a nice mover.
Sheehan did O.K. again. May have just stayed still this week but he really is showing something. Wish we had have come over earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning doesn't matter at VFL level. It's all about development and getting games into the young players.

Didn't watch it, but the Twitter feed said Cripps took a couple of contested marks and converted a set shot. Exciting to have a big inside mid who can go forward. Also said he showed some leadership.

I was surprised when Bootsma took a mark as the backs are under instruction to fist the ball than to take any initiative and try to mark it.

Don't blame Watson for punching that ball in the first as that's exactly what he's been instructed to do.
I'm not sure it's a good thing at all as it's somewhat nice to actually beat you opponent in the air.

I was surprised when Bootsma took a mark as the backs are under instruction to fist the ball than to take any initiative and try to mark it.

Don't blame Watson for punching that ball in the first as that's exactly what he's been instructed to do.
I'm not sure it's a good thing at all as it's somewhat nice to actually beat you opponent in the air.

Surely that doesn't include punching the ball when a team mate can clearly mark it :eek:

Surely that doesn't include punching the ball when a team mate can clearly mark it :eek:

When the punch becomes the prevalent option it does.

I've seen Watson, Bootsma and McInnes take the punching option all too often.
It's what the backs practiced ad nauseum, through the pre-season. I'm not a fan.

When the punch becomes the prevalent option it does.

I've seen Watson, Bootsma and McInnes take the punching option all too often.
It's what the backs practiced ad nauseum, through the pre-season. I'm not a fan.

Me neither. Surely common sense should prevail

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back