Visy Park at 2:00pm

Northern Blues

B Byrne M. Watson McInnes
HB Armfield Giles Bootsma
C Scotland McLean Lucas
HF Graham Anthony Bransgrove
F Garlett B. Johnson Ellard
R Wood Cripps Cachia
Int T. Thomas Holman Wilkinson Tardio* Reynolds Posar Cattapan Totevski Wilson Temay Coulson Dufficy Sheehan

Unlikely that at least McLean, Armfield and probably Ellard and Garlett will be here.

Good to see the skipper (Bransgrove) back on deck after what must have been a severe hamstring injury.

I must admit I was quite impressed by Tardio's game last week. I will be watching him closely from now on.

Good wasn't he?

Really goer and a lot to like. Cattapan has also impressed so far. Not quite of the Marcon/Lambert quality but he's O.K.

Good wasn't he?

Really goer and a lot to like. Cattapan has also impressed so far. Not quite of the Marcon/Lambert quality but he's O.K.
Tardio surprised me. He stepped straight into VFL football as if he had been playing it for years.

You're right about Cattapan. He doesn't mind getting his hands dirty & has a good turn of speed.

I think the NB recruiting is a little bit more scientific than what it was previously. Some of these kids are complementing the Carlton listed players better than some of their predecessors did.

People can be quite dismissive of what happens in the VFL but this is the breeding ground of he future.

The better the understanding with the Carlton listed payers and the NB boys the better.

Had my concerns in recent years that there may have been conflicting agenda's but with Wood being our main and seemingly only ruck-man down here my concerns have been somewhat diminished.

Really liked Lambert, Marcon and Meese but I'm also somewhat happy that they're not about any more, as the Carlton listed players need to stand up now. There's no more hiding.

I must admit I really look forward to heading to Visy Park for the NB games. I'm hoping the rain holds of for most of the day on Saturday so we get a quality contest.

I must say it is a great feeling heading out to Visy Park on a Saturday arvo to watch the footy. Just like old times.

Minus the shoulder to shoulder crush in the outer.

Or the layer of smoke you had to walk through in the social club.
But I truly loved those days of getting out to Princes Park to reserve my seat in the top deck of the social club. Go downstairs for a coffee and a toasted sandwich for breakfast. Catch up with the other supporters you knew and then back upstairs to watch the reserves.

:thumbsu:

Wood will have his work cut out, against Gawn & Fitzpatrick tomorrow.

Young Coulson is in for a torrid time when relieving Wood.
A stark contrast to the undersized rucks Wood competed against last weekend.

All you can hope for from Coulson is that he nullifies Gawn & Fitzpatrick at ruck contests because he is not going to beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the commentary on the radio (97.7 fm) and they said Brock was named on the team sheet but haven't spotted him yet.

Edit: commentators say we crossed off Holman's name instead of Brock off team sheet. Given Holman is playing they are saying we just crossed the wrong name off.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Northern Blues 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back