Northern Football League Div 1 - CLOSED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Northern Football League Div 1

Will be an interesting game, Cougars are underatted by the fans and there own team. Soon as they realise this they could do some damage

Actually ICEMAN :cool: I was surprised when I saw the condition of the ground when against Lalor. Looks excellant. :thumbsu: As opposed to when there last. Recall the smell, type and amount of mud in the centre (no disrespect).

Reminds me of the Gisbourne ground. Might be wrong. Didn't play on it.

Anyone compare NP & Eltham?

Regards

Actually ICEMAN :cool: I was surprised when I saw the condition of the ground when against Lalor. Looks excellant. :thumbsu: As opposed to when there last. Recall the smell, type and amount of mud in the centre (no disprespect).

Reminds me of the Gisbourne ground. Might be wrong. Didn't play on it.

Anyone compare NP & Eltham?

Regards

Compare in what regard ??

Grounds - Both very good, True surfaces. NP ground very well established with Eltham's Panther Park being newly renovated. Biggest difference between them would be that NP has the Turf pitch in the middle which is very hard in the dry and gets very slippery and sloppy in the wet. Eltham not subjected to any strong wind bias whereas NP like many of the grounds heading North along Epping train line and High st /plenty road corridor are subjected at times very strong biased and down right annoying winds:D

Teams - NP have a blend of youth and experience but possibly lack depth in between, perhaps have lost a great nucleus of younger players especially with so manty transferring to Fitzroy stars. Panthers have generally very good young talent with a sprinkling of wiser and more experienced players . Also lack some depth but improving all the time. Have unearthed some extremely talented youngsters who hopefully will go on to help the Panthers be an upcoming power in the NFL. :thumbsu:

does this help answer you Queries Boof ?

Santoro got reported for striking Franchia, did any see it happened? Is their anything any it?

Did not see it myself, but was told he whacked him behind the play. Did see Micky Gay and Harvey run after him to remonstrate. Was late in the last quarter. Didn't think their was any report made though and that the Montmorency runner took Santoro staright off after it?

Did not see it myself, but was told he whacked him behind the play. Did see Micky Gay and Harvey run after him to remonstrate. Was late in the last quarter. Didn't think their was any report made though and that the Montmorency runner took Santoro staright off after it?

Interesting. Correct maybe. He wasn’t red carded, it was the coaches call to bring him off.

I did see it – he went a bit high on a sheppard, not much in it though. Harvey and Gay only token flag flying - don't think they thought was much in it either

I saw the report listed on the website.
Maybe a boundary umpire saw it reported to the field umpire who them made the report after the game. If what you say is true what a stupid thing to do when your 10 goals up in the last quarter.

It’s not so much how one behaves when one wins but how one behaves when one looses that reveals the roots of ones character.

Regards

Thats exactly right boofhead.It was noted that you f--ked off after 15 mins of standing at the back door waiting for someone to come up to you and take a slab from you(the smart thing to do was to take the slab to the bar for safe keeping with your kind regards on it)It was also noted that most of your players and supporters f--ked off too.It was noted last year,after you pumped us at home that you all hung around and consumed our p$ss with big smiles all round.Not so this time (we noticed).Stick YOUR character up your arse:thumbsdown:

I saw the report listed on the website.
Maybe a boundary umpire saw it reported to the field umpire who them made the report after the game. If what you say is true what a stupid thing to do when your 10 goals up in the last quarter.

Jarrad Carey is not an umpire. He is the Football Ops Manager for the NFL. League officials can report at any time.

I can confirm that no umpire made a report.

Jarrad Carey is not an umpire. He is the Football Ops Manager for the NFL. League officials can report at any time.

I can confirm that no umpire made a report.

Interesting.

Lets hope he actually got a good view of the incident and is not going by crowd reaction - which can sometimes be over the top/emotional. Pretty sure Carey was standing on the hill near the Mont coaching box... as I said - I don't reckon there was much in it. Franchina's evidence probably crucial.

Thats exactly right boofhead.It was noted that you f--ked off after 15 mins of standing at the back door waiting for someone to come up to you and take a slab from you(the smart thing to do was to take the slab to the bar for safe keeping with your kind regards on it)It was also noted that most of your players and supporters f--ked off too.It was noted last year,after you pumped us at home that you all hung around and consumed our p$ss with big smiles all round.Not so this time (we noticed).Stick YOUR character up your arse:thumbsdown:

What you on about fool...the vast majority of the players and supporters stayed around, you might not have noticed us as we were outside the door and milling about by the stage where as the Mont supporters seemed to stay down to one end of the bar. Don't think there is a need to attack the Boof, he honoured a bet and had to wait 15 mins to give the proceeds...then went back into the Heidelberg rooms for about another 40 mins!!! I reckon we all stayed longer this year than what we did last year. Take a win and a loss the same way IPPA with pride and dignity, otherwise you are nothing...see ye in Round 11.

We have moved on btw, NP this weekend, don't be thinking about this win for too long, your mrs will be wondering why you are smiling so much;););)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you on about fool...the vast majority of the players and supporters stayed around, you might not have noticed us as we were outside the door and milling about by the stage where as the Mont supporters seemed to stay down to one end of the bar. Don't think there is a need to attack the Boof, he honoured a bet and had to wait 15 mins to give the proceeds...then went back into the Heidelberg rooms for about another 40 mins!!! I reckon we all stayed longer this year than what we did last year. Take a win and a loss the same way IPPA with pride and dignity, otherwise you are nothing...see ye in Round 11.

We have moved on btw, NP this weekend, don't be thinking about this win for too long, your mrs will be wondering why you are smiling so much;););)

No sign of Marty Kemp on the microphone this year...........Hopefully both sides are full strength in round 11....

J&B can you get a link on Dale Nolan's hanger?

Ippa you are an absolute tool. Great to have a convinving win but it is only round two champ. The Heidelberg side will be completely different when you add Murphy, Zantuck, Houlihan, Kennedy, Laing, Dowdy and others into the side. But feel free to carry on like you are a world beater, because come the end of the year, round two counts for nought.

Is the artifical heart you talk about from the last 4 years the same one that has resulted in three premiership flags?

Great effort by Mont on Saturday, but as they would know probably better than anyone (include Bundoora there as well) that no flags are given out this time of year.

Don't get me wrong, Heidelberg were completely outplayed in nearly every position on the ground (Jake Williams was absolutely brilliant), Mont were more committed and a lot more desperate. But as been mentioned here earlier, hopefully the sleeping dragon has been awoken.
well done maybe.now name who they are dropping. thats at least 6 plus others , so maybe there could be 8 or even more out. boof i'm interested what about you? well done monty but no fat lady singing yet.mind ya the 8 that maybe is gunna drop might sing a sour song.

Didn't look at the reporting umpire. How often do league officals make reports?
Dont worry about officials making reports a Macleod player in Div 2 got done for striking, pleaded guilty copped only 2 weeks and then complained he
was headbutted by the runner goes up this week on the basis of a players statement, no umpires report. Couldn't get convicted anywhere but a Kanga Court on that evidence! No independence there but he does cum from GOD country Macleod!

Compare in what regard ??

Grounds - Both very good, True surfaces. NP ground very well established with Eltham's Panther Park being newly renovated. Biggest difference between them would be that NP has the Turf pitch in the middle which is very hard in the dry and gets very slippery and sloppy in the wet. Eltham not subjected to any strong wind bias whereas NP like many of the grounds heading North along Epping train line and High st /plenty road corridor are subjected at times very strong biased and down right annoying winds:D

Teams - NP have a blend of youth and experience but possibly lack depth in between, perhaps have lost a great nucleus of younger players especially with so manty transferring to Fitzroy stars. Panthers have generally very good young talent with a sprinkling of wiser and more experienced players . Also lack some depth but improving all the time. Have unearthed some extremely talented youngsters who hopefully will go on to help the Panthers be an upcoming power in the NFL. :thumbsu:

does this help answer you Queries Boof ?
what a crock of shite. northcote park lost depth in regards to about 4 senior players to stars and a heap of reserve plyers who dont train for them to make it div 1. then to compare the sides at the moment on saturday willo and saddo were the two oldest, with 4 under 19 players in the side and the rest all between 20 and 25. we beat north with bj although when we had 12 scoring shots in the first quarter to brain em he was at full forward and kicked 2 that were lace out for him. (admittadly we would not of hung on without him ) and you cant replace him, then on the weekend this side that has no depth lost the game by themselves to last years runners up with a quarter of stupidity. where you have lost to greensy and beat west by 5 or 6 goals. i'm sure everyone agrees with your comparison of the 2 clubs you have a real insight into the game. are you mike sheehan by any chance? GET OUT OF DREAM WORLD:thumbsu:

Didn't look at the reporting umpire. How often do league officals make reports?

Ex-Umpires coach Steve Luckman used to do it a bit when he was watching. I don't think the old DVFL exec ever got out of the office to see footy. This would be the first report from an official in a long time.

what a crock of shite. northcote park lost depth in regards to about 4 senior players to stars and a heap of reserve plyers who dont train for them to make it div 1. then to compare the sides at the moment on saturday willo and saddo were the two oldest, with 4 under 19 players in the side and the rest all between 20 and 25. we beat north with bj although when we had 12 scoring shots in the first quarter to brain em he was at full forward and kicked 2 that were lace out for him. (admittadly we would not of hung on without him ) and you cant replace him, then on the weekend this side that has no depth lost the game by themselves to last years runners up with a quarter of stupidity. where you have lost to greensy and beat west by 5 or 6 goals. i'm sure everyone agrees with your comparison of the 2 clubs you have a real insight into the game. are you mike sheehan by any chance? GET OUT OF DREAM WORLD:thumbsu:

Great point Jester :thumbsu:

Pi55 weak way out of the agreement if you ask me but it seems nothing's changed. It's like coming to away games and your pi55 heads bring their own pi55 and you saying you can't do anything about it. Bring back Greensy Sunday games, a lot better atmosphere than Eltham. At at the end of the day surely you can advocate to Council on behalf of DCFC to play at least one game at home. After all your both under the same Council and knowing how Council's work I'm sure they'd agree. But only after some advice from EFC - unless your not for it.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.
Greensbourough supporters in fact brought there own grog to Central Park, This is a fact as we discovered next morning cleaning up.
It was on the club room side of the ground only 50 yds from the can bar where there were stacks of empty stubbies.

You not only went against the gentlemans agreement to buy grog of the home side, but also against northern football league ploicy of no glass containers outside. We did not serve stubbies on the day, so where did they come from

We have spoken to council re other sides using the ground are waiting on a reply. Things take timr when you are dealiong with our council

Get you facts right, dont make outlandish statements.

Ex-Umpires coach Steve Luckman used to do it a bit when he was watching. I don't think the old DVFL exec ever got out of the office to see footy. This would be the first report from an official in a long time.
Yes in fact Lucky has reported in the past.
Part of a problem stemming back some years is that most observers for the umps where also running the game.
League official made a report in last years game Lee Hartman was the official.
It can only be good for the comp if we get rid of the cowards who take pot shots away from play & hope that the umps dont see it.
How bout we stop the ump bashing cos its not going to change the decision whether it is right or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back