Northern Football League Div 2 U19's

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think so, i'm not being cocky either, the sides we've feilded in the couple of weeks have had a number of 17's in them. There's still about 6-7 players to come back. and i'm not sure you would find a midfield better than ours anyway

Yeh, dont get me wrong i think you guys are far the best team in the comp but I think the scores would be much closer if on a small ground. Could you name your top 5 players?

H'Bridge - J.Caldwell
Morang - J.Burrows, J.Duncan,
Lower - J.sardi, B.Zimbolani, M.Barden
Mernda - C.Zabriszach, L.Shelton
T'town - C.Higgins, H.Pendlebury
W'sea - M. Dyson, N. Coen, T.Neophitou
W'sonia - S.rickard, G.ring, J.Maranos
Res - B.Reed
Macloud - t.Hansen, M.Sherpa

do u play for watsonia, g.ring and j.marenos are no where near the top 22 in div 2. you would have in t.grogan in before them three and watsy could slot in blokes in that side like j.harris, c.cogan or a.clarke

do u play for watsonia, g.ring and j.marenos are no where near the top 22 in div 2. you would have in t.grogan in before them three and watsy could slot in blokes in that side like j.harris, c.cogan or a.clarke
Nah mate, I used to play for Heidelberg before I moved to the city. Just going on the few games i've seen and those two look like Watsonia big improvers this year.

j.harris is 2 old for 19s, corey n clarkey r both permanent 1s players and t.grogan is nowhere near the best 22 in d2

Does Tyson Truong from Mernda still qualify, an exciting player to watch.

nah. tyson playing seniors this season. most of the boys at mernda are a new bunch. they were short at the start of the season but now have about 27 players so will be ok. when they gel together as a side they'll be a finals team. they showed this against thomastown on the weekend. they've picked up a few good new players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few names to think about..

Whittlesea: Brendan Marks, Jason Buhagiar, Russel Elder
Macleod: Michael Slayer, Justin White, Brett Wilding
South Morang: Daniel Haralambopoulos, Kristopher Stiglic, Jayden Burrows
Lower Plenty: Joel Sardi, Joel McLellan, Bowen Zimbolani
Thomostown: Chris Higgins, Heath Pendlebury, Sarien Toun
Mernda: Luke Hagg, Luke Thorneycroft, Ryan Williams
Hurstbridge: John Caldwell, Ben Simondson, Joel Ongarello
Watsonia: Matthew Crawford, Jake Hickey, Hade Mcheileh
Reservoir: Bradley Reed, Jordan Mehlford, Nathanial Ellis

Let us know your thoughts..

A few names to think about..

Whittlesea: Brendan Marks, Jason Buhagiar, Russel Elder
Macleod: Michael Slayer, Justin White, Brett Wilding
South Morang: Daniel Haralambopoulos, Kristopher Stiglic, Jayden Burrows
Lower Plenty: Joel Sardi, Joel McLellan, Bowen Zimbolani
Thomostown: Chris Higgins, Heath Pendlebury, Sarien Toun
Mernda: Luke Hagg, Luke Thorneycroft, Ryan Williams
Hurstbridge: John Caldwell, Ben Simondson, Joel Ongarello
Watsonia: Matthew Crawford, Jake Hickey, Hade Mcheileh
Reservoir: Bradley Reed, Jordan Mehlford, Nathanial Ellis

Let us know your thoughts..

Good selections there but cant comment on Hurstbridge yet as we havent played them yet, me being from Thomastown. For Watsonia i would add Tom Grogan and Macleod i would add Mingma Sherpa. Can anyone from Hurstbridge comment on where a bloke named Milne is this year. He was number 23 last year i think and both times we played them last year he won the game simply with his clearances from the center. Is he playing 1s or is he still able to play 19s?

Good selections there but cant comment on Hurstbridge yet as we havent played them yet, me being from Thomastown. For Watsonia i would add Tom Grogan and Macleod i would add Mingma Sherpa. Can anyone from Hurstbridge comment on where a bloke named Milne is this year. He was number 23 last year i think and both times we played them last year he won the game simply with his clearances from the center. Is he playing 1s or is he still able to play 19s?

yeah nick milne out for the year snapped his collarbone in 3 places. heard a whisper he might be at eltham next year

Does Tyson Truong from Mernda still qualify, an exciting player to watch.

tyson was dropped and actually played for mernda against reservoir friday night. didnt play much but had a few possesions and helped with leadership and running throughout the middle and half back flanks for the side.

Joel McLellan is the best ruckman going around. Should of seen the goal he kicked on the weekend.
The big bloke picked up the ball as if he was rover and unloads a barrel from the boundry to snag a goal.
Freakish!!!!

I'll have a crack at how i think the ladder will look at the end of the season..

Whittlesea
Macleod
Lower Plenty
Thomastown
South Morang
Mernda
Hurstbridge
Watsonia
Reservoir

Should be interesting come finals time though..

Whittlesea
Macleod
South Morang
Mernda
Lower Plenty
Thomastown
Hurstbridge
Watsonia
Resevoir

the top 2 will not change.. but from sth morang down 2 thomastown anything can happen..

What do you guys think of the friday night games??
Not sure if im a fan of them.
But i suppose it does beat getting up early on a saturday morning.
Reservoir always seem to field a stronger side on a friday night compared to there saturday mornings..
How do other teams go with them?

Seeing as its now mid year. wats everybodys thoughts on.

A. who will win the flag?
B. who will win the League b&f?
C. Who will win the goal kicking?
D. who will be the the surprise team that makes the 4?
C. The 10 best U19's players running around ATM?

** note your thoughts on the individual honours must be based upon players consistently playing in the U19's no players currently playing seniors, Just whats left in the U19's

grand final will be whittlesea vs macleod for sure which could go either way but most likely whittlesea to in a close contest.

league b&f will be a close finish between the 2 macleod boys in michael sayers and justin white, howerver lower plentyz joel sardi and thomastownz chris higgins may come out on top as these 2 might take votes away from each other

close finish between white and buhagiar, depends who plays against reservoir and watsonia more

surprise team making the top four will be either mernda or thomastown, however anything could happen between these 2 sides as well as south morang and lower plenty

sayers, white, higgins, sardi, caldwell, pendlebury, shiel, stiglic, haag, mcllelan + the whole whittlesea side nearly, to hard to pick just 1 player

Remove this Banner Ad

Northern Football League Div 2 U19's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back