Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mail tells me Heidelberg's own Craig Hayes has been appointed coach of Eltham...

Not sure if appointed is the correct term just yet, perhaps annointed is more appropriate.

Still unofficial but certainly rumour of "discussions" are somewhat true, as i heard it from a bloke , who heard from another bloke, who was telling another bloke, whilst this other bloke was listening in and then told another bloke whilst enjoying a few bevvies at the Eltham Festival. :)

May I play devils advocate to those who judge Phil Maylin's leaving as a negative happening.

Has anyone considered that the departure of Phil Maylin from the Eltham Football Club may infact:

1) Keep jaded players at the club who may have otherwise left
2) Attract new people with new ideas and new abilities to the club
3) Breath fresh air into a perhaps stagnant environment
4) Be the first step heading the Eltham Football Club towards:

a) Playing Div 1 finals for the first time since the 70's
b) Achieving respect and reverence from rival clubs
c) Having a coach who gives the time of day to both the clubs finest player's , and those annoying types who are not champion footballers, but who enjoy playing 2's and supporting their beloved local club.

In my experience in local football at several different clubs, the one thing I consider a sign of success above all other facets, is club Harmony.This harmony should not be affected by win loss ratio's but by the equal treament of players, the good will extended to both those involved at the club in any capacity and those who walk under the trestle bridge for the first time, and by that certain intangable "good vibe" that can and should exist at a community sporting club.

Perhaps this harmony does not exist at the Eltham Football Club at the moment - Im sure it has before, and I'm sure it will again. But judging by the much taked about financial worries, and the departure of the big name coach, perhaps this is time for reflection and change of direction.

This has the potential to be a saving grace for the Eltham Football Club and I think those who discount them, might just get a shock in the coming year at what a little change can do.

C'mon Joshy, Come back and feel the Love. Just promise me, you'll give back the Ol' number 39! ;)

May I play devils advocate to those who judge Phil Maylin's leaving as a negative happening.

Has anyone considered that the departure of Phil Maylin from the Eltham Football Club may infact:

1) Keep jaded players at the club who may have otherwise left
2) Attract new people with new ideas and new abilities to the club
3) Breath fresh air into a perhaps stagnant environment
4) Be the first step heading the Eltham Football Club towards:

a) Playing Div 1 finals for the first time since the 70's
b) Achieving respect and reverence from rival clubs
c) Having a coach who gives the time of day to both the clubs finest player's , and those annoying types who are not champion footballers, but who enjoy playing 2's and supporting their beloved local club.

In my experience in local football at several different clubs, the one thing I consider a sign of success above all other facets, is club Harmony.This harmony should not be affected by win loss ratio's but by the equal treament of players, the good will extended to both those involved at the club in any capacity and those who walk under the trestle bridge for the first time, and by that certain intangable "good vibe" that can and should exist at a community sporting club.

Perhaps this harmony does not exist at the Eltham Football Club at the moment - Im sure it has before, and I'm sure it will again. But judging by the much taked about financial worries, and the departure of the big name coach, perhaps this is time for reflection and change of direction.

This has the potential to be a saving grace for the Eltham Football Club and I think those who discount them, might just get a shock in the coming year at what a little change can do.

Josh, you can play devils advocate if you rock up to training and turn up to games when you are selected. Otherwise, im sure no one wants to hear your absolute rubbish. You've got plenty to say for a bloke whos really got no right at all. Local clubs dont need morons like you making comment. Im sure all Eltham people dont want to hear your crap, aswell as other clubs. :thumbsdown::mad:

Josh, you can play devils advocate if you rock up to training and turn up to games when you are selected. Otherwise, im sure no one wants to hear your absolute rubbish. You've got plenty to say for a bloke whos really got no right at all. Local clubs dont need morons like you making comment. Im sure all Eltham people dont want to hear your crap, aswell as other clubs. :thumbsdown::mad:

Think you'll find Josh is going to Panton Hill next season - hence him trying to pump them up to be a good thing on the Divi 2 forum.

Not sure if appointed is the correct term just yet, perhaps annointed is more appropriate.

Still unofficial but certainly rumour of "discussions" are somewhat true, as i heard it from a bloke , who heard from another bloke, who was telling another bloke, whilst this other bloke was listening in and then told another bloke whilst enjoying a few bevvies at the Eltham Festival. :)

I think i know that blokes mates friends pal

Why do you take such offence Briksta?
I genuinly care about how things go at ELtham ( believe it or not) and while its got nothing to do with the subject at hand, somtimes life can get in the way of football which was the case that you are talking about. I apologise that it seemed to upset you so greatly???
This is a public forum and anyone has a right to comment.You have done so and congratualtions on that.

Think you'll find Josh is going to Panton Hill next season - hence him trying to pump them up to be a good thing on the Divi 2 forum.

Jeez, crap news travels fast.
Was thinking of having a game at Panton Hill, yes. And yes have heard from people not involved at the club that they really want to do better on feild next year and so are looking to get lots of new players. DO i have any vested interest in pumping up Panton Hills tires? nup.

Jeez, crap news travels fast.
Was thinking of having a game at Panton Hill, yes. And yes have heard from people not involved at the club that they really want to do better on feild next year and so are looking to get lots of new players. DO i have any vested interest in pumping up Panton Hills tires? nup.

Panton Hill have a fine history of harvesting Spuds & Duds. If this fella is going to play at the Hiller's then looks like nothing has changed.

I wonder why this dude wasn't made to feel welcomed at Eltham? Heart or Work Ethic perhaps? I don't think Maylin would have accepted shit like that. For those who don't know, Josh is the classical looks like tarzan plays like Jane type of player - Great recruiting. LOLz:p.

Speaking of Maylin, Will interesting to see what happens now that he is supposedly coaching at the Bunnies. If there was one club in NFL that Maylin would of hated, i'm sure it would have been the Bulls.

Maylin is a straight shooter and there will be plenty that don't want to hear what he has to say even if it is the truth. I'm tipping he''ll rip shreds through that lot of pretty boy prima donnas and will shake up their club culture to no end.

If the club support him 100%, he could be the difference between them being contenders or the perenial pretenders (chokers) that they have been over the past decade.

If they don't support him, they may be looking for another coach (a yes man) by I reckon round 5 of season 2009. :rolleyes:

Daballisovalandred - OUT!

Panton Hill have a fine history of harvesting Spuds & Duds. If this fella is going to play at the Hiller's then looks like nothing has changed.

I wonder why this dude wasn't made to feel welcomed at Eltham? Heart or Work Ethic perhaps? I don't think Maylin would have accepted *** like that. For those who don't know, Josh is the classical looks like tarzan plays like Jane type of player - Great recruiting. LOLz:p.

Speaking of Maylin, Will interesting to see what happens now that he is supposedly coaching at the Bunnies. If there was one club in NFL that Maylin would of hated, i'm sure it would have been the Bulls.

Maylin is a straight shooter and there will be plenty that don't want to hear what he has to say even if it is the truth. I'm tipping he''ll rip shreds through that lot of pretty boy prima donnas and will shake up their club culture to no end.

If the club support him 100%, he could be the difference between them being contenders or the perenial pretenders (chokers) that they have been over the past decade.

If they don't support him, they may be looking for another coach (a yes man) by I reckon round 5 of season 2009. :rolleyes:

coming from a club who relish in the up one year down the next over the past decade.good call young fella.Maybe maylin realised you can't pull your socks up if you haven't got any on.Pretenders hey :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why this dude wasn't made to feel welcomed at Eltham? Heart or Work Ethic perhaps? I don't think Maylin would have accepted shit like that. For those who don't know, Josh is the classical looks like tarzan plays like Jane type of player - Great recruiting. LOLz:p.

If only I had enough pride in my footballing ability to take real offence at that jibe! Your point is probably quite fair daballisovalandred, hopefully i can rectify my lack of heart in coming years.

My mail tells me Heidelberg's own Craig Hayes has been appointed coach of Eltham...

I like it KA. “The General” and the “Band of Brothers”. If the Band of Brothers don’t make the finals at best next year at worst thereafter well :eek: Find out more about the best worst kept secret tonight ;)

p.s. Duckie what was the result?

It was great to see a massive crowd at Panther Place tonight to meet the new coach, Craig Hayes.
The young cubs have been on a recruiting drive, with no less than 60 players in the room for the 1st's and 2nd's only, with two teams likely for the 19s it only looks up for the panther.
Merks, Varsa and Richos only some of the big names in attendance and signed on for season 09.
Training starts on Monday 6pm at Panther Place.

Go Panther.......

panthers seem to have a new coach... just wondering wat u heidelberg ppl think of him. is he a hard man seeing he is a copper??? just wonder wat u guys reckon he will be like

im just interested. after all these signages and a shitload of players turning out to the meeting. how will eltham be going moneywise considering that rumour has it they still owe money to players and have been in debt for quite a while?
Maybe someone from down the panther could fill me in?
Thanks

im just interested. after all these signages and a shitload of players turning out to the meeting. how will eltham be going moneywise considering that rumour has it they still owe money to players and have been in debt for quite a while?
Thanks

Not from Panther, but know plenty who are. Considering Maylin left because the new committee told him that we were not going to spend any money, I would assume these guys are playing for very little, nothing or just love. Currie a good pick up, jury still out on Hocking. Don`t know about others.

Thanks

In my eyes Eltham has a young list and they have all played juniors together at some stage and to leave a club you have played for over 10 yrs at is pretty hard just for an extra couple of hundred dollars a week.

When playing footy have to weigh up who you wanna play with. Mates you will know for the next 10 yrs or blokes you will know for a year and then move clubs because you want more money or more sucess.

For blokes under 25 I dont think the money is a real factor because its a better feeling creating you own sucess rather than chasing it at any club. Older blokes stick around simply for loyalty.

From what I can see Eltham will turn their previous seasons around. Possibly on the field with a couple of new players but definately off the field which there has not been much support the previous 2-3 seasons. They are pushing for 2 under 19's sides as around 30 under 17s players are making the step up to 19's.

ONTHEPROWL gets a bit excited but I think we should let him be. After all he has slayed a few this yr. As for KickAss he is too busy eating DimSims and drinking stubbies at the Galleria Food court on the corner of Bourke and Elizabeth St so he has been fairly quiet as of recent times. I think you'll find him picking up the pace this yr with some boys on Can Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back