Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do other clubs take the easy option of waiting for clubs to drop back to the field.Why dont they catch up and stop whinging that they cant compete against the bergs or mont.Toughen up mate and get active.Stop with excuses.Look at Mont..They have Zac driving it.collected a 650K grant through persistance and are fielding strong teams.Catch up or dropout its your choice.
I think in most competitions move in cycles Heidelberg started paying big money in 98 and did'nt get any sucess till 04. Mont started paying big money in about 02 and to date have'nt had any sucess if the building stage fits and there players get the experience this year then i think Mont will be the dominant side for the next few years and will repeat Heidelbergs sucess and goodluck to them. I also beleive Nth Heidelberg payed a lot of blokes in there 05 flag reasonable money also. The bottom line is in any standard of local footy these days to win a flag you need to pay a little more than opposing sides and really for the happiness it brings to everyone at your club it's well worth it. When Mont finish there run i think with the youngsters down at panther place we will be the next side. Fingers crossed.

I See Mr Carey Has A Great Strike Rat For Reports.....young Gets 5 Weeks... What A Man. I Reckon He Will Be On The Tribunal With Big Moose Henwood Soon The Way He Is Going..
Interesting outcome. As noted incident in the run of play but no umpire's report. But at the end of the day you do the crime .........

Carey has definitely opened Pandora's box. Santoro (twice) now Young.
Where will end ? Do clubs now start a "tit for tat" process if umpires don't report knowing that NFL officials probably will. Had a look at the match video - probably another four clear incidents where players from both clubs could have been cited.
NFL should be targetting behind the play/off ball transgressions and leave the umpires to determine penalties "in the play".

Professional assessment - two weeks.

And therein lies the stupidity of it all.

When Carey cites it as a report, the alleged offender has to go straight to the tribunal, whereas if it had been lodged as a report on the day, Youngy would have had the option to accept the set pennalty of 2 weeks.

something not quite right here.

Mind you again, if was a behind the play issue, then i'm all for it to go straight to the tribunal. :thumbsu:

And I think we are all better off for that ! Even I couldn't put up with another K.A
Too modest by half KA. How about a statue at Panther Park a la the bronze legends who adorn the MCG surrounds.

I am happy to supply a magnum of Passion Pop for the inauguration ceremony.

Too modest by half KA. How about a statue at Panther Park a la the bronze legends who adorn the MCG surrounds.

I am happy to supply a magnum of Passion Pop for the inauguration ceremony.

Yet again Ego, you make perfect sense.

The statue you mention is being commissioned as we speak. However it has been somewhat delayed as they need a heck of a lot of Bronze to make it anywhere near life size.

I hope that passion pop is for drinking and not for smashing . :rolleyes:

The statue you mention is being commissioned as we speak. However it has been somewhat delayed as they need a heck of a lot of Bronze to make it anywhere near life size.

Your choice KA however good judges tell me it is a better "Chateau Legopener" than cruisers !!

I think in most competitions move in cycles Heidelberg started paying big money in 98 and did'nt get any sucess till 04. Mont started paying big money in about 02 and to date have'nt had any sucess if the building stage fits and there players get the experience this year then i think Mont will be the dominant side for the next few years and will repeat Heidelbergs sucess and goodluck to them. I also beleive Nth Heidelberg payed a lot of blokes in there 05 flag reasonable money also. The bottom line is in any standard of local footy these days to win a flag you need to pay a little more than opposing sides and really for the happiness it brings to everyone at your club it's well worth it. When Mont finish there run i think with the youngsters down at panther place we will be the next side. Fingers crossed.

I agree. However, Nth Heidelberg would have payed half of what Heidelberg payed out in 05. We were full of home grown talent which makes things a hell of a lot cheaper than buying ex AFL footballers! The one's we had were in 05 returned to the club and played for very little compared to what they would have earned elsewhere.

I agree. However, Nth Heidelberg would have payed half of what Heidelberg payed out in 05. We were full of home grown talent which makes things a hell of a lot cheaper than buying ex AFL footballers! The one's we had were in 05 returned to the club and played for very little compared to what they would have earned elsewhere.

Hey Fridgey, How ya doing Bloke?

I hope you are playing this week mate, 'coz i need an old slow bloke taht i can keep up with. Mind you, I might be a tad quicker than your goodself, at least quicker into the ice cold ones at the end of the match :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a lot of ifs buts and maybes in regards to this Carey bloke.

Fact of the matter is that he is obviously trying to make a career for him self and i'm sure he will be using the incidents as a part of his resume of how "he cleaned the valley up."

For those of us that know Youngy he is hard but fair. 300 odd games of junior and senior footy and he cops 5 for his first offence. Bet Sagey would have been shocked by it as well.

Nothing against Sagey but to have his best mate lay the report and his old man a part of the nfl tribunal there has to be questions asked.

But worst of all this Carey goose struts around like he owns the league and the league seem to approve of this.

Carey is certainly putting a few clubs offside. The sooner this bloke moves on the better for the nfl.

Hey Fridgey, How ya doing Bloke?

I hope you are playing this week mate, 'coz i need an old slow bloke taht i can keep up with. Mind you, I might be a tad quicker than your goodself, at least quicker into the ice cold ones at the end of the match :D

Who is this, I don't know how to work this thing yet :)

I am even slower, I have done my thigh so an uncertain starter at this stage. If I don't get a run I could be blind by the end of the game so hopefully I pull up alright. I can't miss playing on a decent Eltham ground for the first time in 20yrs!

Seems to be a lot of ifs buts and maybes in regards to this Carey bloke.

Fact of the matter is that he is obviously trying to make a career for him self and i'm sure he will be using the incidents as a part of his resume of how "he cleaned the valley up."

For those of us that know Youngy he is hard but fair. 300 odd games of junior and senior footy and he cops 5 for his first offence. Bet Sagey would have been shocked by it as well.

Nothing against Sagey but to have his best mate lay the report and his old man a part of the nfl tribunal there has to be questions asked.

But worst of all this Carey goose struts around like he owns the league and the league seem to approve of this.

Carey is certainly putting a few clubs offside. The sooner this bloke moves on the better for the nfl.

Flag, I'm not across the Sage/Carey relationship and Sagey's dad may be part of the tribunal, but isn't Youngy's dad, Rob, on the NFL Board of Directors??? I think you'll find he is. Forgot to mention that I suppose? Don't think Carey or Crompton or anyone there would stick their neck out just to help a "mate", when the repercussions are an angry board member. Rob would have known about it. I'd just take it as it is; Young elbows Sagey's nose...nose gets broken and put in plast...Young gets 5 weeks. Not hard to work out.

I thought we'd be encouraging the elite players in the NFL to stay around, and not head off to the Eastern. Making a stand against this kind of thing should only help that. And please don't run with "the umpire didn't report him on the day" They're busy enough trying to work out how the pea in the whistle makes that noise.

Anyway, I don't know Youngy as well as you, but sounds like his Sainthood should be arriving shortly. Who knew? You can buy those as well!!!

Interesting outcome. As noted incident in the run of play but no umpire's report. But at the end of the day you do the crime .........

Carey has definitely opened Pandora's box. Santoro (twice) now Young.
Where will end ? Do clubs now start a "tit for tat" process if umpires don't report knowing that NFL officials probably will. Had a look at the match video - probably another four clear incidents where players from both clubs could have been cited.
NFL should be targetting behind the play/off ball transgressions and leave the umpires to determine penalties "in the play".

this one was in the play which does not bode well....a free kick and a 25m penalty was paid as a result.

Flag, I'm not across the Sage/Carey relationship and Sagey's dad may be part of the tribunal, but isn't Youngy's dad, Rob, on the NFL Board of Directors??? I think you'll find he is. Forgot to mention that I suppose? Don't think Carey or Crompton or anyone there would stick their neck out just to help a "mate", when the repercussions are an angry board member. Rob would have known about it. I'd just take it as it is; Young elbows Sagey's nose...nose gets broken and put in plast...Young gets 5 weeks. Not hard to work out.

I thought we'd be encouraging the elite players in the NFL to stay around, and not head off to the Eastern. Making a stand against this kind of thing should only help that. And please don't run with "the umpire didn't report him on the day" They're busy enough trying to work out how the pea in the whistle makes that noise.

Anyway, I don't know Youngy as well as you, but sounds like his Sainthood should be arriving shortly. Who knew? You can buy those as well!!!

I don't want to get too involved in all this as I'll probably only get accused of being biased.

But wasn't one of HFC's claims to the then FV for wanting to cross to EFL two years back about the failure of the then DVFL for not taking appropriate action on field incidents?

this one was in the play which does not bode well....a free kick and a 25m penalty was paid as a result.

Enlighten me Yella . What constitutes the 25 metre penalty? Would've thought that unless there was some back chat or something then the free kick was all that could've been awarded.

Not to mention KA that if it is indeed life size it'll make an ample resting place for the resident bird life. And you know what comes with that.:D

Enough fertilizer to keep the new playing surface going for decades to come.:eek:

Enlighten me Yella . What constitutes the 25 metre penalty? Would've thought that unless there was some back chat or something then the free kick was all that could've been awarded.

Having not been at the ground, I can only discuss what is common knowledge at the umps....The umpire did not have a great angle and as such paid a free kick, there was a 25m penalty then paid.

You are spot on you cant be penalised twice (ie free kick and 25m) for one infringement. It certainly muddy's the waters!

I'm sure J.C. feels vindicated after watching the footy show last night. For those that didn't, player in country league got 6 weeks for striking, appealed back to 4 weeks. Got charged by police and got 2 months jail. How bad does that tribunal look I ask?

Not to mention KA that if it is indeed life size it'll make an ample resting place for the resident bird life. And you know what comes with that.:D

Enough fertilizer to keep the new playing surface going for decades to come.:eek:

No worries there M.O.T.H,

you mont blokes have been putting Shit on for years, so It is fair to say a few birdies aren't gonna hurt. :D

Have we all forgotten a little club called west preston. Have plenty in the bank and even in the premiership year (beat Monty) they didn't spend it.

Have we all forgotten a little club called west preston. Have plenty in the bank and even in the premiership year (beat Monty) they didn't spend it.

I think they still have plenty in the bank at the moment but didnt pull many players this yr as they had a few departures.....does anyone know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back