Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well boof like all of us we now wait for the infamous monty film of the match.its not over to the fat lady sings. will be interesting editing going on right now.is this the last we have heard.episode 69 coming up. where was our mister carey , has he got a hand to play.all will be revealed. this is just too exciting rat .
carey was at the game!

A big pat on the back to the boys from North Heidelberg who supported a very deserving Lalor Footy club cause AFTER the game yesterday.
The North boys showed what a true suburban footy club is all about and showed what great character they have both on AND off the field.
Well done North Heidelberg you did yourselves proud as a football club yesterday.
Good luck for the finals.:thumbsu:

drove past monts ground the other day and was appalled. instead of trying to buy a flag which use wont win, why dont yas by some turf for the ground. stinker of a ground.

There was also an un-savoury incident in the game, when Tom Richardson was brutally concussed from a tackle similar to the Milburn one against Richmond last week. Daniel Santoro's intention was to cause injury to Tom and thats exactly what he did. There was no need for it as Tom had already disposed of the ball, and to make things worse he pushed his head into the ground when unconscious. The incident that happened later in the game when he was concussed and went off in the arms of trainers was also un-savoury, but when a bloke such as Skipper does that and when you see what Santoro had done earlier in the game, not just that tackle, the word karma comes to mind. Copped his right wack, and its about time somebody stitched him up as he's been doing it his whole NFL career.[/quote]

I went to the Mont game, and I saw this incident clearly. Richardson took on the Mont players instead of handballing when he had the chance, Santoro ran front on and tackled him, swinging him to the ground with both arms pinned. The ball was jarred free by the tackle, not disposed as stated by mr one eye eltham.
If any Eltham player had tackled a Mont player in the same way the Eltham crowd would have cheered.
As for it being vicious, I think it really needs to be put down to an unfortunate incident that happens in footy. Ask Andy Owen, he was tackled with his arms pinned against DC and his collar bone was broken.

I think this is just sour grapes trying to justify a dogs act by Minney. I didnt see the Minney incident as I was watching the ball, just shows how far behind the play the incident happened. Minney was reported and rightly so. End of story. Pity he did this as he has always been a class player and a thorn to Mont, bad way to end a career being rubbed out, and I'm sure if he had his time over he wouldn't do it again.

well boof like all of us we now wait for the infamous monty film of the match.its not over to the fat lady sings. will be interesting editing going on right now.is this the last we have heard.episode 69 coming up. where was our mister carey , has he got a hand to play.all will be revealed. this is just too exciting rat .

Certainly is snake. The majority of Heidelberg people know the season is far from decided, both Mont and North are quality sides and will take some beating.

I went to the Mont game, and I saw this incident clearly. Richardson took on the Mont players instead of handballing when he had the chance, Santoro ran front on and tackled him, swinging him to the ground with both arms pinned. The ball was jarred free by the tackle, not disposed as stated by mr one eye eltham.
If any Eltham player had tackled a Mont player in the same way the Eltham crowd would have cheered.
As for it being vicious, I think it really needs to be put down to an unfortunate incident that happens in footy. Ask Andy Owen, he was tackled with his arms pinned against DC and his collar bone was broken.

I think this is just sour grapes trying to justify a dogs act by Minney. I didnt see the Minney incident as I was watching the ball, just shows how far behind the play the incident happened. Minney was reported and rightly so. End of story. Pity he did this as he has always been a class player and a thorn to Mont, bad way to end a career being rubbed out, and I'm sure if he had his time over he wouldn't do it again.[/quote]

You clearly are also one eyed, yes he did take on a few Mont players but when Santoro initially applied the pressure from behind NOT front on, meaning putting his arms around him, Tom got rid of the ball by handball which then Santoro proceeded to follow through with the tackle and almost 360'd him to get more momentum with a slinging sort of action which his head slammed into the turf. There was no need for it, nor was there any need for Minney to do what he did, but I can come to terms with what Minney did, and as I previously stated, it takes something incredible for Mark to do that, becuase of the things Santoro had done earlier in the game and also throughout his time at Epping and earlier this year for headbutting.

I reckon Santoro needs to take a good look at himself and the league need to take a better look at him and how he plays footy. It definately isnt within the rules of the game.

Must have been pretty bad for skip to get angry.

yep mark minney is pretty tough running up to someone from behind and clocking them about 10 seconds after a contest.. that takes real guts. :rolleyes:

I reckon Santoro needs to take a good look at himself and the league need to take a better look at him and how he plays footy. It definately isnt within the rules of the game.

stop whinging about someone who plays the game hard theres a lot worse things that he could have done but didnt, he tackled the bloke and it was unlucky what happen to him, he didnt snipe late like minney did!

There was also an un-savoury incident in the game, when Tom Richardson was brutally concussed from a tackle similar to the Milburn one against Richmond last week. Daniel Santoro's intention was to cause injury to Tom and thats exactly what he did. There was no need for it as Tom had already disposed of the ball, and to make things worse he pushed his head into the ground when unconscious. The incident that happened later in the game when he was concussed and went off in the arms of trainers was also un-savoury, but when a bloke such as Skipper does that and when you see what Santoro had done earlier in the game, not just that tackle, the word karma comes to mind. Copped his right wack, and its about time somebody stitched him up as he's been doing it his whole NFL career.

I think this is just sour grapes trying to justify a dogs act by Minney. I didnt see the Minney incident as I was watching the ball, just shows how far behind the play the incident happened. Minney was reported and rightly so. End of story. Pity he did this as he has always been a class player and a thorn to Mont, bad way to end a career being rubbed out, and I'm sure if he had his time over he wouldn't do it again.[/quote]

Like Devils Advocate, I was at the game and saw the incident. To me, as an unbiased spectator, thought the tackle was hard but fair, Richo did have his arms pinned and he did take the tackler on.I believe that the state of the playing surface also contributed to the injury sustained to Richo. There was concern by players from both teams in relation to the injured player. It was very unfortunate. I can not nor should not compare the tackle of a couple of weeks ago at the Geelong V Richmond game to the tackle on Saturday. I believe that the 2 tackles are miles apart.

In regard to the Mark Minney incident, did not see what happened to spark the incident, but it was a sorry sight to see a player of Skips abilitie and gamesmanship, leave the ground under these circumstances. All I can say, something has happened on the ground, for such a player to react in the way that he did. :thumbsu:

I think this is just sour grapes trying to justify a dogs act by Minney. I didnt see the Minney incident as I was watching the ball, just shows how far behind the play the incident happened. Minney was reported and rightly so. End of story. Pity he did this as he has always been a class player and a thorn to Mont, bad way to end a career being rubbed out, and I'm sure if he had his time over he wouldn't do it again.
[/quote]boof can you please ask yor alter ego to comment on this event that might rock the legal world.rat and i are very interested in his learned opinion.remember i want to see the corpus delecti before i believe. one week to go and then the real stuff. wheres the video mr carey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly is snake. The majority of Heidelberg people know the season is far from decided, both Mont and North are quality sides and will take some beating.

Unfortunently Heidelberg will be far to good for everyone again this year,should win the big one by 10-12 goals.Its back to the drawing board for all other clubs i'm afraid:(

I think I am not alone when I say that Santoro got what he deserved and what is well over due. Like I said, what he did to Tom was unnecessary, he had already disposed of the ball and there was simply no need to slam him into the turf, but that is the type of bloke/player Santoro is, he cant just play the game fair. If the tackle stopped all well and good, no need to end the blokes season but. As for Minney, if you take of your biased Mont cap and realise that two minutes before that Santoro tried to take his head off right near the cricket nets, which wasn't called a free, and you may see that it was provoked. He copped what he deserved.

As for all the Monty "ban wagon" supporters who sat on their high horse and abused the young Panthers from the sidelines and acted like there shit dont stink, I will just remind you that choking season is just around the corner, and it will be another year of "what could have been". Wont get within 10 goals of Heidlberg, and for that matter, 6 goals of North Heidelberg come finals time, when they cant just free wheel and run forward of the footy.

I have a tissue here for ya. come wipe those tears.

This isn't Contessa is it?? You sound exactly like him did not stop sooking all day (as you always do) What a CAT you are. You know who I am. I was calling you the CAT that you are all day on Satdee

Santo's tackle was fantastic took out the hips and drove him into the ground. Biggest disgrace was that it wasn't holding the ball. took him on and had prior

Don't worry about Mont choking mate - you just concentrate on winning some games :thumbsu:

Unlike thousands of other BF fans posting on this thread, I was not at the Eltham V Mont game on Staurday (Oh, Shock Horror ! :eek:) and therefore did not witness the Santoro / Richardson incident or that of Mark Minney.

What I will say is this. - The Richardson Brothers Tom, Lach and to a lesser degree Nick, have been unfairly targeted by many opposition hotheads throughout their Careers. They have endured bumps & thumps that are generally frowned upon by all and sundry (Some legal - some definitely not), but they have continually bounced back no matter what for the greater cause of playing Footy for their Beloved Panther. Irrespective of what Santoro has alledged to done, Richo will as he has done many times before cop it on the chin and move on. Santoro, time you pulled your head in, because some one tougher than you will finally catch up with ya if you don't

Now as for Skips. Mark is an out and out Champion. An allround niceguy and categorically (Not arguably )one of the greatest footballers ever to grace the DV/NFL competitions. Like the Richos, he has copped more than his share of snipes by opposition players throughout his career and admirably shaken most off to just play the game.

Skips has put his love of playing with his mates at Eltham above all else and despite many fat wallets visiting from other clubs has remained Loyal throughout. He is the quintessential footballer, strike that - the quintessential Sportsman, and puts it all the line for his club no matter what the circumstances. i.e not matter with the Panther is down by 200 points or up by 100, he will give you 100% every time.

A 4 time club B&F winner plus a runner up & 3rd place getter are testament to how good this bloke really is. On top of that has 4 premierships to his name and has served the Panthers tremendously throughout his 220 odd A grade games ( the prick has never played in magoos ever) for the club.

He is the type of player that at all times plays the ball and has a superb balance of silky skills, a desire to get the ball, and is a tough and corragious player all the same.

This year he has taken a vastly different role than any other and has been the Elder Statesman of a very young young Panther side , and acting as a club general off the half back line.

Skips is usuauly one of the most unflapable chracters going around and it is almost impossible to get under his skin. If he has reacted in any shape or way as so alledged, it would have been for all the right reasons in sticking up for a mate as true mates do.

I don't condone thuggery and as I said before I did not witness the alledged incident in which he was involved, but take it from me, should this be end of his gallant career as one pundit put it, dont judge the man on this one incident alone.

Skips you are a Champion in my very humble opinion and I applaud you no matter what.

Cheers

K.A

You clearly are also one eyed, yes he did take on a few Mont players but when Santoro initially applied the pressure from behind NOT front on, meaning putting his arms around him, Tom got rid of the ball by handball which then Santoro proceeded to follow through with the tackle and almost 360'd him to get more momentum with a slinging sort of action which his head slammed into the turf. There was no need for it, nor was there any need for Minney to do what he did, but I can come to terms with what Minney did, and as I previously stated, it takes something incredible for Mark to do that, becuase of the things Santoro had done earlier in the game and also throughout his time at Epping and earlier this year for headbutting.

b13163.jpg

I agree - wasnt at the game but the common denominator here - Santoro. How many times over the year are people gonna get on here and complain about this weak dog?? He got rubbed out earlier in the year for about 6 weeks (not sure exact amount), and is always getting into trouble. Hits blokes late, and doesnt like to put his head over the ball. I wonder how many Mont players are honestly happy he is at their club. Minney has always been a star so im tipping he didnt react for nothing.... maybe he copped one first.

This league needs to get rid of these cowards once and for all. Players like Santoro give the comp a bad name.

Unlike thousands of other BF fans posting on this thread, I was not at the Eltham V Mont game on Staurday (Oh, Shock Horror ! :eek:) and therefore did not witness the Santoro / Richardson incident or that of Mark Minney.

What I will say is this. - The Richardson Brothers Tom, Lach and to a lesser degree Nick, have been unfairly targeted by many opposition hotheads throughout their Careers. They have endured bumps & thumps that are generally frowned upon by all and sundry (Some legal - some definitely not), but they have continually bounced back no matter what for the greater cause of playing Footy for their Beloved Panther. Irrespective of what Santoro has alledged to done, Richo will as he has done many times before cop it on the chin and move on. Santoro, time you pulled your head in, because some one tougher than you will finally catch up with ya if you don't

Now as for Skips. Mark is an out and out Champion. An allround niceguy and categorically (Not arguably )one of the greatest footballers ever to grace the DV/NFL competitions. Like the Richos, he has copped more than his share of snipes by opposition players throughout his career and admirably shaken most off to just play the game.

Skips has put his love of playing with his mates at Eltham above all else and despite many fat wallets visiting from other clubs has remained Loyal throughout. He is the quintessential footballer, strike that - the quintessential Sportsman, and puts it all the line for his club no matter what the circumstances. i.e not matter with the Panther is down by 200 points or up by 100, he will give you 100% every time.

A 4 time club B&F winner plus a runner up & 3rd place getter are testament to how good this bloke really is. On top of that has 4 premierships to his name and has served the Panthers tremendously throughout his 220 odd A grade games ( the prick has never played in magoos ever) for the club.

He is the type of player that at all times plays the ball and has a superb balance of silky skills, a desire to get the ball, and is a tough and corragious player all the same.

This year he has taken a vastly different role than any other and has been the Elder Statesman of a very young young Panther side , and acting as a club general off the half back line.

Skips is usuauly one of the most unflapable chracters going around and it is almost impossible to get under his skin. If he has reacted in any shape or way as so alledged, it would have been for all the right reasons in sticking up for a mate as true mates do.

I don't condone thuggery and as I said before I did not witness the alledged incident in which he was involved, but take it from me, should this be end of his gallant career as one pundit put it, dont judge the man on this one incident alone.

Skips you are a Champion in my very humble opinion and I applaud you no matter what.

Cheers

K.A
know one asked for his life story nor does anyone want to hear it, stop blowing smoke up his ass!

Unfortunently Heidelberg will be far to good for everyone again this year,should win the big one by 10-12 goals.Its back to the drawing board for all other clubs i'm afraid:(

I don’t know the Senior/Reserves players and Coaches all that well, however, know them well enough to say I cannot recall seeing them prepare for and enter into a game with disrespect for any of their opposition.

It goes without saying Mont are contenders for a shot at the title. However, when Saul and Shane went on the ball after half-time North Heidelberg had a lot more go forward. May have left the experiment too late and I’m not sure either could sustain the effort, which is what I believe would be required, over the four (no disrespect). As for Bundoora, big improvement from last encounter and the team appear to respond well to their new coach. Haven’t heard anyone at Heidelberg rule North or Bundoora out of the equation.

Regards

RiverSnake

In the event the man in the spotlight makes another appearance my advice to his advocate is. Take along a table to sit at and to prepare your advocacy because you won’t be provided with one. Use your own strategic imagination as to why. If some learned person (keep in mind you’re not allowed to be a learned person) starts citing from documents that you’ve not been given the opportunity to examine and if you’re the only person in the room with pen and paper to take notes don’t bother advocating. Judgments’ already been made. Save your breath. You’re going to need it one day.

Regards

I agree - wasnt at the game but the common denominator here - Santoro. How many times over the year are people gonna get on here and complain about this weak dog?? He got rubbed out earlier in the year for about 6 weeks (not sure exact amount), and is always getting into trouble. Hits blokes late, and doesnt like to put his head over the ball. I wonder how many Mont players are honestly happy he is at their club. Minney has always been a star so im tipping he didnt react for nothing.... maybe he copped one first.

This league needs to get rid of these cowards once and for all. Players like Santoro give the comp a bad name.

Forget what Santoro has/has'nt done in the past,the tackle on Richardson was fair and within the rules of the game ,the tackle was perfect given he had his arms pinned and gave the player no opurtunity other than to drop the ball (a free kick should have been paid) The fact that Richardson was slung to the ground with force(in the intensity of the game) generally constitutes a perfect tackle,the fact that Richardson head hit the ground was unfortunate.The fact that Minney tried to even up from behind late in the game was ordinary,and he was aware of his ordinnary actoins aswell given the fact he left the ground immediatly after being red carded.The league should throw the full book at him for his ordinary action regardless of his past.Get of santo's back the tackle was 10/10

yep mark minney is pretty tough running up to someone from behind and clocking them about 10 seconds after a contest.. that takes real guts. :rolleyes:

so is the man who was throwing his arms everywhere trying to land a blow on minney and contessa. i was metres from the incident and he deserved everything he got. minney has never been a dog player which proves that something provoked him, santoro shood worry about getting the footy instead of trying to belt older blokes

I think I am not alone when I say that Santoro got what he deserved and what is well over due. Like I said, what he did to Tom was unnecessary, he had already disposed of the ball and there was simply no need to slam him into the turf, but that is the type of bloke/player Santoro is, he cant just play the game fair. If the tackle stopped all well and good, no need to end the blokes season but. As for Minney, if you take of your biased Mont cap and realise that two minutes before that Santoro tried to take his head off right near the cricket nets, which wasn't called a free, and you may see that it was provoked. He copped what he deserved.

As for all the Monty "ban wagon" supporters who sat on their high horse and abused the young Panthers from the sidelines and acted like there shit dont stink, I will just remind you that choking season is just around the corner, and it will be another year of "what could have been". Wont get within 10 goals of Heidlberg, and for that matter, 6 goals of North Heidelberg come finals time, when they cant just free wheel and run forward of the footy.

Lets hope THE PANTHERS or is that THE PUSSYS make the finals NEXT year (last chance)

Better still go back to second division in 2010 and win another flag!!!!!!!

so is the man who was throwing his arms everywhere trying to land a blow on minney and contessa. i was metres from the incident and he deserved everything he got. minney has never been a dog player which proves that something provoked him, santoro shood worry about getting the footy instead of trying to belt older blokes

Anyone who thinks a king hit from behind is dishing out what's deserved is weak as piss.

If Skip wanted to take it up to santo. why not do it when Santo was facing him??? We both know the answer to that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back