Northern Football League Division 1 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did nothing when he was in the team vs mont.

he would have been handy but conditions would probably not have suited him anyway.north needed players who could win clearances,absolutely smashed there,i actually think j green and j wright were bigger losses than caddy on sunday,i have never seen north get dominated like that in the clearances like sunday.
north looked very slow due to how good monty's run was,we just didn't have that run and carry.thank god jarrod and harley were down back it could have been a lot worse.
s harvey made the most of limited oportunities,but he can't do it all by himself.
unfortunately godfrey who had a crackin year,had his two worst games in the final and side missed his yes again i mention run and carry.
i am not going to comment on the leigh scannell incident as i simply did not see it.
hope it's a great game saturday,just think mont won't dominate clearances like they did sunday and will go down fighting by twenty points

he would have been handy but conditions would probably not have suited him anyway.north needed players who could win clearances,absolutely smashed there,i actually think j green and j wright were bigger losses than caddy on sunday,i have never seen north get dominated like that in the clearances like sunday.
north looked very slow due to how good monty's run was,we just didn't have that run and carry.thank god jarrod and harley were down back it could have been a lot worse.
s harvey made the most of limited oportunities,but he can't do it all by himself.
unfortunately godfrey who had a crackin year,had his two worst games in the final and side missed his yes again i mention run and carry.
i am not going to comment on the leigh scannell incident as i simply did not see it.
hope it's a great game saturday,just think mont won't dominate clearances like they did sunday and will go down fighting by twenty points

True, i guess Caddy could make a difference regarding which defender Mont places on him. This could free up mouse etc to run rampant a little more. Although as you said, if Mont are smashing the clearance then what hope do the North forwards have without good clean delivery up forward.

So who's everyone tipping.

19s
havnt seen any games all year but ill say west just cos

ressies
mont in a thriller

1s
in two minds, if mont can keep their heads screwed on and keep their eye in the ball like last saturday they can get up, just. on the other hand the bergers just look too dominate and strong. so if mont dont loose it, mont by 5. if so bergers will pump them again.

Saturday September 13@ PRESTON CITY OVAL

DIVISION 1 GRAND FINAL DAY

2:15pm Heidelberg vs Montmorency Seniors

F: M. O'Keeffe C. Black C. McPherson
B: B. Curren T. Morrison J. Forner
G: N. Coutts M. Lafite
E: D. Fitzpatrick

11:30am Montmorency vs Heidelberg Reserves

F: R. Darmenia J. Williamson
B: N. Lane T. Lane
G: C. Herman T. Maher
E: S. Hubber

9:00am Bundoora vs West Preston Under 19s

F: A. O'Neill A. Watkins
B: E. Jones K. Lane
G: L. Compton-Robbins A. Daher
E: T. Enklemen

Dont know what his name is but he umpired the Division 2 Grand Final, young kid, only 17 from what I have been told, but he is the best umpire this comp has. He should be umpiring the Div 1 GF instead of these blokes that have been there a while but are no bloody good (hence the reason they are still umpiring this level). I think the umpires boss is putting long gevity ahead of the blokes that can actually umpire, because O'Keefe (I think he is the solid framed fella that umpired on the weekend) is the 2nd worst umpire in the comp behind that goose that caused all the kafuffle in the Semi and some how has still got a gig in both the other finals and will be officiating (trying to) on Saturday. I watched the Div 2 GF and that was the best umpiring I have seen all year, why not get those two blokes, plus another becuase the leage wants 3, to officiate the Div 1 GF? The leagues umpires boss needs to look at what he's actually picking these blokes for, performance based or time served?

On the game, Heidleberg too strong, Mont to stumble and crack again. The reason Mont went off the boil in the Semi was because Heidleberg made them, the game was slipping away from Mont and they knew it. Heidelberg by 10 goals. Have a good weekend all, I wont be there unfortunately as THE GOWSKI has to play bloody cricket! Spewin! Good luck to both teams :thumbsu:

Dont know what his name is but he umpired the Division 2 Grand Final, young kid, only 17 from what I have been told, but he is the best umpire this comp has. He should be umpiring the Div 1 GF instead of these blokes that have been there a while but are no bloody good (hence the reason they are still umpiring this level). I think the umpires boss is putting long gevity ahead of the blokes that can actually umpire, because O'Keefe (I think he is the solid framed fella that umpired on the weekend) is the 2nd worst umpire in the comp behind that goose that caused all the kafuffle in the Semi and some how has still got a gig in both the other finals and will be officiating (trying to) on Saturday. I watched the Div 2 GF and that was the best umpiring I have seen all year, why not get those two blokes, plus another becuase the leage wants 3, to officiate the Div 1 GF? The leagues umpires boss needs to look at what he's actually picking these blokes for, performance based or time served?

The Gow... you need to get some facts straight before you make comment.

1. The umpires boss is new this year. He does not care about time served. He would not know as he came from the EFL. His picks were based on performance throughout the year and finals. What mug supporters think and how good umpires are two different things.

2. The 2 umpires last week did do a good job. The young umpire is only 16 and has never done an 'A' Grade grand final before. You don't throw him into a big Div 1 GF that could get out of hand (based on the Semi). Young umpires can handle games that flow with no hot stuff.

3. Your comment that umpires are no good because they don't go any further is ridiculous. Just like players, some umpires don't want to go any further. They are happy in the NFL. 2 of the 3 umpires this Saturday were invited to go down to the VFL, however work took priority.

4. There is rotation throughout the A1 grand final umpires. Macpherson did his last A1 about 5 years ago, O’Keeffe two years ago and Black has gone back to back. So we have good rotation. It’s not the same every year!

This is not the first time you have bagged out umpires. Get over it. These three are the best three this year.

my tips 4 the grand final bulls bergers bergers hey boof i will have that drink with u after the game hope 2 catch up with riverrat snakebite muttley as well 4 a drink see u all on satutday go bulls

I cannot wait for this Saturday’s game. The forecast is very good so lets hope we get a great day @ Cramer St.

U19's
Bundoora 3 goals

Magoo's
Mont 10 pts

The BIG one

I must declare my affiliation for the boys in black and white from the outset.
I give Mont a genuine chance, but, to state the blatantly clear, ever thing will need to go there way. I am looking forward to hearing the team tonight at training, especically if Sage is playing. Neither Sage nor Finnan trained last Thursday so I have some doubt about them playing in a GF.I think the key to Monty lifting the trophy centres around the forward line performing against strong quality defence. If Dizzy,PeeWee,Hayes and especially Gutterson can fire I think Mont can win. I really believe that Gutto is the key. He has fantastic skill and to some degree possesses the "X" factor that no other player has. I am a big fan but he has tended to play really well against lesser quality teams and just ok against the silk.
Make no mistake Heidelberg deserve their exalted status. They are a fantastic group and their recent track record is outstanding. Of course they have improved a great deal since round 2 when Mont gave them a touch up @ Para Rd.Mont came into that game on the back of an outstanding practice match against Balwyn and a 10 goal win @ Bundoora. Mont where hot and primed and played accordingly. I have seen nearly every Mont game this year and a large part of the first half last week against Nth Hbrg was as good as we have seen this year.
If Mont are as strong around the clearances as last week,f(irst use of the ball via King should be obtianed),then it is really game on.
Having said all that I do think that the tigers have just a little bit too much class at the top end of the playing list for Mont. The likes of Zantuck,Houlihan,Harvey,Murphy etc are just a bit too polished for Mont.I am also concerned that one or two of Mont's on ball guns are carrying some sore spots.I think that Mont can stay with the defending champions for a long time but,in the end,may just run out of gas.

Heidelberg 15 pts
Medal Blair Harvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The umpires boss is new this year. He does not care about time served. He would not know as he came from the EFL. His picks were based on performance throughout the year and finals. What mug supporters think and how good umpires are two different things.

2. The 2 umpires last week did do a good job. The young umpire is only 16 and has never done an 'A' Grade grand final before. You don't throw him into a big Div 1 GF that could get out of hand (based on the Semi). Young umpires can handle games that flow with no hot stuff.

3. Your comment that umpires are no good because they don't go any further is ridiculous. Just like players, some umpires don't want to go any further. They are happy in the NFL. 2 of the 3 umpires this Saturday were invited to go down to the VFL, however work took priority.

4. There is rotation throughout the A1 grand final umpires. Macpherson did his last A1 about 5 years ago, O’Keeffe two years ago and Black has gone back to back. So we have good rotation. It’s not the same every year!

This is not the first time you have bagged out umpires. Get over it. These three are the best three this year.

No no we're pretty sure O'Keeffe is just a dud.
With any luck they'll cover the ball with tomato sauce he'll pay more attention to it rather than bickering with players all game.
He's the type of bloke who would have pulled up the stumps and walked off with the bat and ball as a kid when things got too tough in the playground

With any luck they'll cover the ball with tomato sauce he'll pay more attention to it rather than bickering with players all game.
He's the type of bloke who would have pulled up the stumps and walked off with the bat and ball as a kid when things got too tough in the playground

Well he is doing the Grand Final..... again. Enough Said.

... hey boof i will have that drink with u after the game ...

Yep! No worries there bobo. Been very quiet around here boys. May have to start amping things up after tonight when we know who's playing and on who. Goint to be a big one. Anyone from Mont want to put a couple of slabs up. 1 for the Reserves. 1 for the Seniors.

Regards

News just to hand

Black and yellow baloons have been spotted adorning a letter box in mayona road (with the words tigers 08 below them)

I thought Richmond failed to make the eight.........

You are very incorrect. I play mate and when we have had O'Keefe and the other skinny runt (your probably O'Keefe or the skinny runt) they have been absolutely putrid! When ever we have had the young kid he has been sensational, game doesnt get out of hand becuase he makes good decisions which dont upset players which therefore they dont get angry and take there frustrations out on opposition players which if they had the choice they would probably love to take it out on the blokes in yellow! O'Keefe and runt boy are the total opposite, poor decisions, that are blatantly obvious that it was either there or not there which they some how always seem to miss? The tubby fella is actually not bad, have no dramas with him doing it, but as for the other two, if they are in the best 3 well the league needs to do more recruiting than West Heidleberg.

Spot on wrenchy!

You are very incorrect. I play mate and when we have had O'Keefe and the other skinny runt (your probably O'Keefe or the skinny runt) they have been absolutely putrid! When ever we have had the young kid he has been sensational, game doesnt get out of hand becuase he makes good decisions which dont upset players which therefore they dont get angry and take there frustrations out on opposition players which if they had the choice they would probably love to take it out on the blokes in yellow! O'Keefe and runt boy are the total opposite, poor decisions, that are blatantly obvious that it was either there or not there which they some how always seem to miss? The tubby fella is actually not bad, have no dramas with him doing it, but as for the other two, if they are in the best 3 well the league needs to do more recruiting than West Heidleberg.

well said,
the young fella has been sitting in div1 most of the season as well hasnt he? i reccon he could have done v well up there, good on him, and at 16 fair impressive.

but lets gat away freom the umpires and back to the last game of the season.
should be a ripper

Go Tigers on Saturday.

I would like to aknowledge the efforts of the ADMINISTRATION of the Northern Football League for a great job this year to focus on the problems our league has had in the past.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure our league will be a benchmark in the years to come.

The Preston Kramer Street Oval is a great place to hold the finals.

I'm sure that there will be a huge crowd there on saturday enjoying the atmosphere.

''' GO TIGERS"'

Enough said.

What is worse, they actually beleive that because some knob who ran around blowing a whistle in the VFL 350 years ago tells em so. Would someone inform old Kev that the game has changed a little since "his day".
Poor bloke runs for the sandbags everytime comments on flooding.

Lets just hope that unlike a fortnight ago, these imbeciles realise that the game isnt about them.

Bergers by 37 points.

Dean Haydock BOG.

Saturday September 13@ PRESTON CITY OVAL

DIVISION 1 GRAND FINAL DAY

2:15pm Heidelberg vs Montmorency Seniors

F: M. O'Keeffe C. Black C. McPherson
B: B. Curren T. Morrison J. Forner
G: N. Coutts M. Lafite
E: D. Fitzpatrick

Is this the M Lafite of Norf and Boro fame???

Wow the mouth from the south joining the fellas in white, good on ya Laffy. If more ex players did it then perhaps the attitude towards them would change. (Bet Laffy's has now he has to hear the abuse:D).

has anyone heard when the b&f count and team of the year night is? who are peoples early tips for both of these. for me shane harvey would almost be moral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back