Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ease up! He has busted his arse over pre season and has lost 15 kilos. he has struglled with back related hamstrings through all the practice matches and probably shouldnt have gone around last week. He is not playing at all this week due to that exact injury. he is a class player and he showed it when he starred in out last practice match. Give him time and he will reward the club with some great games. Dont write him or the club off yet. When we gel we will be very haard to beat.

Tend to agree, he's clearly still carrying the back but will almost win a couple of games this year off his own boot. Playing him up the ground exposes him a little and the delivery into the forwards has been pretty rank I think. Richie will come good, I think he'll be even better with his brother in the team as well.

Tend to agree, he's clearly still carrying the back but will almost win a couple of games this year off his own boot. Playing him up the ground exposes him a little and the delivery into the forwards has been pretty rank I think. Richie will come good, I think he'll be even better with his brother in the team as well.

Brother Cole, Pow & S Whitnall have been ripping them up in the early game. When will they appear in the main game or does "The Shark" have a cunning plan ?

L'll be the first to put my hand up and stand corrected if he does as you predict but in my opinion won't do so.Phil put him one out in both games and although I agree the delivery into the forward 50 has been ordinary to say the least he wasn't even in dangerous areas to get the footy let alone demand it.I hope for his sake and the club he does as you predict as others will get very despondant when they see the output on field as to that off field into one's pocket!.....Time will tell but I reckon they have a dud milking them of cash they don't have much of!:thumbsdown:

Macleod v Eltham on Plenty Valley FM 88.6 this Saturday
for those who can't get to the game.

Just on another matter, can anyone from Heidelberg tell me
the reasoning behind starting 1 hour earlier than the other games ?
Is it to get people to stay behind for a beer ? I would just like
some feedback to see if there is any merit in the concept

Macleod v Eltham on Plenty Valley FM 88.6 this Saturday
for those who can't get to the game.

Just on another matter, can anyone from Heidelberg tell me
the reasoning behind starting 1 hour earlier than the other games ?
Is it to get people to stay behind for a beer ? I would just like
some feedback to see if there is any merit in the concept

Can't speak for the Tigers but NFL is keen to promote the U/19s competition given problems with numbers/teams over the last few years. Early start for 2nds/senior game is to "showcase" the 19s in a feature twilight game to encourage players/spectators to stay and support.

Can't speak for the Tigers but NFL is keen to promote the U/19s competition given problems with numbers/teams over the last few years. Early start for 2nds/senior game is to "showcase" the 19s in a feature twilight game to encourage players/spectators to stay and support.

Not a bad idea, we cannot be stagnant in the running of the Competition, proven with success of recent night and twilight games. Would be interesting the first Friday night game? (probably harsh on 2nds and 3rds)

Probably a shame we didn't have a ANZAC game this weekend. And why not every year, even when it falls on a Tue or Wed.

Underbelly- I am thrilled to be seeing Macleod for the first time this year in Division 1 :)

I said in the first preview show that it would be great for the NFL and Macleod themselves if they could post an early win on the board, something that alluded Thomastown, and now they are 2-0!! Bloody brilliant for the league!

Denny Crane, your idea of playing a game on a Tuesday or Wednesday for when Anzac Day falls on these days, I'd love to see it myself, but I suppose as Local footy isn't these guys full time jobs, it would be a bit hard to proceed with, but would awesome if was able to go ahead!

And there is an Anzac Day game on Sunday, it will host Mernda V Epping and even though they aren't divvy 1 teams, this game will be an absolute blinder! Two of the biggest rivals in the league, and considering what happened last year in the final round, EVERYONE should be heading down to shotters road, whether you are from div 1, 2 or 3!

Good luck to all teams this week.. and I hope the call of Bundoora V Heidelberg last week was OK.

Not a bad idea, we cannot be stagnant in the running of the Competition, proven with success of recent night and twilight games. Would be interesting the first Friday night game? (probably harsh on 2nds and 3rds)

Probably a shame we didn't have a ANZAC game this weekend. And why not every year, even when it falls on a Tue or Wed.
rumour today concord park transport owned by trevor barret went broke today.major ramifications for heidelberg if true

rumour today concord park transport owned by trevor barret went broke today.major ramifications for heidelberg if true

Just to clarify - Concord Transport has been sold off by Trevor Barrot (this has been on the cards for a while but has only been finalised recently) and contrary to what you eluded to the company is not broke. TB has retained the logistics side of the business and will stay on as General Manager of Concord Transport for a further three years.

Just to clarify - Concord Transport has been sold off by Trevor Barrot (this has been on the cards for a while but has only been finalised recently) and contrary to what you eluded to the company is not broke. TB has retained the logistics side of the business and will stay on as General Manager of Concord Transport for a further three years.
if true its good news. no one likes to see anyone go under and barret has been good for heid.

hey stringa you sound as if you know exactly how much he is on, so you must be fairly high up at bundoora or something cause there wasnt many people involved in the deal at all, the bloke isnt on that much heaps of blokes in the comp on more. at least he comes down and actually spends money at the club unlike some other people at the club.

hey stringa you sound as if you know exactly how much he is on, so you must be fairly high up at bundoora or something cause there wasnt many people involved in the deal at all, the bloke isnt on that much heaps of blokes in the comp on more. at least he comes down and actually spends money at the club unlike some other people at the club.

He's not being paid just to put it back over the bar, but to perform to a standard worth that of the money he's being paid on the field.He'd want to put the whole lot over the bar in order for the club to break even as he can't get a touch of the footy.Surely even you can agree on that albiet if you understand the value of spending coin on recruiting someone.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one word to sum up Bundoora SOFT
followed them for more than fifteen years and todays efforts would be almost the worst I've seen.No ticker,No Heart ,No passion and after that 3/4 time speech it seems no hope.Bring back BIG Vin atleast he had them playing for each other...................On todays efforts we wouldn't beat the slime even.Long road back boys!:thumbsdown:

Well done macleod, 3 in a row! and they said they you guys would not win any games! Let's hope you guys can keep it up!

Macleod never headed all day, plus had a few players down on the day, so good all round performance. Longy rucked all day and comprehensively dominated both of Eltham's rucks. Could have been a controversial result had Eltham had won, given that the umpire didn't hear the siren at half time, and Eltham kicked a goal after it went off. All credit to Eltham, never dropped their heads all day and just wouldn't go away.

Heidelberg 7.3 11.4 16.9 22.14 (146)
Greensborough .1 3.4 6.5 6.7 (43)

GOALS:
Heidelberg: Caddy 7 Favrin 4 Franchina 2 Harvey 2 Dobson 2 Miller Williams Nolan Hall Seiter
Greensborough: Scarce 2 Shaw 2 Howard Gunn

BEST:
Heidelberg: Miller Brunelli Caddy Williams Dorbolo Franchina
Greensborough: Gunn Howard Scarce Tucker Libertino Tarr

Macleod 6.2 8.3 14.4 16.6 (102)
Eltham 3.1 7.4 12.7 15.11 (101)

GOALS:
Macleod: Lynch 6 White 3 Shaw 2 Paynter 2 Lovett Bennett Long
Eltham: Currie 4 Weatherald 3 Sandy 2 Ohlsen 2 Connelly Tenace Richardson Austin

BEST:
Macleod: Paynter Lovett Corr Lynch Bennett Long
Eltham: Tenace Connelly Weatherald Perry Richardson Rogers

W Preston Lakeside 1.2 6.6 8.10 13.13 (91)
North Heidelberg 6.5 8.7 9.9 10.10 (70)

GOALS:
W Preston Lakeside: Dobby 5 Pasceri Doukas Smith Morrison Whittaker Meese Sanderson Bardon
North Heidelberg: Massey 4 King Florance Mc Kenna Gilbert Kelly Assi

BEST:
W Preston Lakeside: Whittaker Micevski Sanderson Smith Dobby Meese
North Heidelberg: King Scannell Gilbert Massey Holmes Assi

Bundoora 3.3 0.3 3.4 7.14 (56)
Montmorency 2.2 4.0 2.2 12.6 (78)

GOALS:
Bundoora: Contessa 2 Fletcher Pow Ergunen Marshall Vasilevski
Montmorency: Ford 3 Haynes 2 Reinke 2 McFerran 2 Steven Parsons Nugent

BEST:
Bundoora: Shaw Carlyon Gloury Harrison Barbero Contessa
Montmorency: Ford Fitzgerald Coghill Mc Gough Haynes Tennant

Lalor . . . .
[Lalor . . . 11.9 (75)
Northcote Park . . . 11.16 (82)

I wonder how Lalor supporters are feeling as they lost their third straight game by 7 pts and learn that "retired" Lance Whitnall kicked 8.5 for Craigiburn. interesting to also note that one of their 2009 recruits Andrew Dobby kicked 5 goals for his new side West Preston .
Lalor came up to Div 1 in 2008 looking at a bright future and were very competitve in 08 and 09 but they look as if they have gone backwards in a big way in 2010 and will be fighting it out with Greensborough for the wooden spoon and relegation.:(
I believe my info before the first round about them not being a happy club was and still is true.:(

Two rounds in, Bundoora will still win the flag easily, they have the best coach in the business and the best players ,with the new guys jelling week by week

You still reckon they are good things, kicking about six goals a week on average:thumbsdown:. Word is not everyone at Bundoora is happy with "the best coach in the business":(:(

And by the way you still think macleod and eltham will finish second bottom and bottom

Well done macleod, 3 in a row! and they said they you guys would not win any games! Let's hope you guys can keep it up!
Think it's time to count your chickens. The Clouds should be 5 zip come round 6. Big game against the Berg, havn't met since 83 me thinks. Geez some big names in that game.

Think it's time to count your chickens. The Clouds should be 5 zip come round 6. Big game against the Berg, havn't met since 83 me thinks. Geez some big names in that game.[

Might just happen too!

Many thanks to the Bergs for letting guys like Hammer and Johnny come down to a club that will give "HOME GROWN" talent a shot! Hammer brilliant again and Johnny good in his first outing for the club. Don't need big money to bring together a good tight team. Time will tell but it's looking good for now.

Went to my 1st game for the year this year and saw Macleod and Eltham do battle and the game did live up to match of the round status. I must say the standard of the skills on display wasn't the best, but the pressure of both sides was magnificent.

Anyone who are playing Macloed on their ground are in for a tough game and it won't be an easy game taking the points from there. In my opinion, it's up there in the 2 worst grounds in division 1, but they play the ground well.

I must say, the 2 red cards that were handed out to Eltham players, 1st to Varsmakis in the 1st 10 minutes and to McCreery in the last 10 minutes were an absolute disgrace and if they see the tribunal it is an indightment on this competition.

If Eltham did end up winning the game, it would of been very controversial to say the least. If that goal on half time wasn't after the siren, i'll get nude down Plenty Rd.

As for the bloke on this page saying earlier that Macleod were never headed all day, I do believe the scores were level twice in time on in the last quarter and were level in the last minute before Macleod got a dodgy decision in the centre square to score the point to win the game.

Not a great standard skills wise, I haven't seen so many floaters in a long time, but a great, tight game of footy and both sides will get a lot out of this year.

I must disagree about your description of the skill level. I was there & at times listened to the radio call- they were raving about the Macleod skill & ball movement in the first half. Sure, the skill waned as the match went on which you would expect. The commentators described the MFC skills as the best they have witnessed all season in the first half. Funny how two people can have a totally different view of the same thing!!!!!!!
The two reports were a bit soft however, both Eltham players got sucked in & therefore let the team down. # 66 was weak in going for a bloke half his size.
Thankyou to Eltham for bringing such a good crowd & making it another bumper day of local footy.

Went to my 1st game for the year this year and saw Macleod and Eltham do battle and the game did live up to match of the round status. I must say the standard of the skills on display wasn't the best, but the pressure of both sides was magnificent.

Anyone who are playing Macloed on their ground are in for a tough game and it won't be an easy game taking the points from there. In my opinion, it's up there in the 2 worst grounds in division 1, but they play the ground well.

I must say, the 2 red cards that were handed out to Eltham players, 1st to Varsmakis in the 1st 10 minutes and to McCreery in the last 10 minutes were an absolute disgrace and if they see the tribunal it is an indightment on this competition.

The play had stopped Varsamarkis ran straight at Bennett and bumped him front on with his shoulder connecting to his head/jaw.

MCcreery round house punched Bennett in the stomach a good 2 seconds after he had disposed of the ball and hurt him bad.

So since when have either of the above exceptable. Would both gat weeks at AFL level

Macleod people on this thread - do not get ahead of yourselves, NP good win, Lalor lucky, Eltham 1 point?

As for the bloke on this page saying earlier that Macleod were never headed all day, I do believe the scores were level twice in time on in the last quarter and were level in the last minute before Macleod got a dodgy decision in the centre square to score the point to win the game.

Like I said, they werent headed all day. Should I rephrase, and say that Eltham were not in front at any stage of the game just to make it easier for people to understand ? For the record, both incidents involving red cards were definately correct. You cant belt blokes out of the play. To the Eltham supporter who walked onto the ground to give it to the umpires after the final siren, stating that they were corrupt, what a tosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back