Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A send off in the 1st 10 minutes in a game, only to be found not guilty, is a suspension itself. In the case of a king hit behind play, I have no problem on a red card.

If I recall send off was originally implemented in the DVFL/NFL on the back of a succession of violent G/Fs in the late 70s/early 80s, in particular Norf V Mont x2 (Warringal Park) and Diamo v Lalor (Vic Park).

We can all cite incidents where overzealous umps have unduly influenced a game and the resultant tribunal hearings have dismissed most of the charges (2008 2nd Semi debacle Mont V Heid a prime example).

Have also witnessed games where strong early intevention from umps has set clear rules of engagement and prevented a potential riot.

May be a case of damned if you do ..............:cool:

Have also witnessed games where strong early intevention from umps has set clear rules of engagement and prevented a potential riot.

May be a case of damned if you do ..............:cool:

With the exception of the 2008 prelim - some of those "interventions" and red cards spoiled what could have been a good game.

I think we finished with 13 blokes. That was almost funny (if it wasn't Mont)

I'm glad I didn't make that silly statement.
I could reel off a few in D2 such as Moore and even Corr at Macleod....

ok top 5 i may have gone over board. Yeah all the players mentioned are quality players but out of them all id still prefer to go watch bennett, his so exciteing and his tackleing and bumps for a bloke thats 2ft nothing are 2nd to none. Like i said though this is just my oppinion i bet you everyone here would all have a different top 5.

belly reeling of d2 blokes is just stupity expessialy when coor plays d1....

ok top 5 i may have gone over board. Yeah all the players mentioned are quality players but out of them all id still prefer to go watch bennett, his so exciteing and his tackleing and bumps for a bloke thats 2ft nothing are 2nd to none. Like i said though this is just my oppinion i bet you everyone here would all have a different top 5.

belly reeling of d2 blokes is just stupity expessialy when coor plays d1....

Lets just wait until the business end of the season cos thats when the really classy players shine. Hopefully musta, your mate has a chance to show how good he is when it matters, cos at the end of the day rnd 3 means donut.

Good to see the tribunal fixed up the umpires terrible calls and throw out both red cards.

Don't know about other readers thoughts on this, but my opinion is that a sending off for a reportable offence needs to be scrapped. I think the whole idea of the tribunal is to go through the evidence of the charge and deliberate on what is presented to them. The umpires, in my opinion should not be judge, jury and executioner. A send off in the 1st 10 minutes in a game, only to be found not guilty, is a suspension itself. In the case of a king hit behind play, I have no problem on a red card.

Thoughts anyone?

Not totally convinced that Red Cards need to be scrapped as we can all recall when a Red Card has helped to quell a potentail situation. But do agree that some umps are over zealeous with pulling out the Red Card. I wonder who the regulars are ? Oh. And wasn't one of the umps at De Winton on Saturday a former player at the home team and have strong links to the league administration ? Interesting that he gets that game and is quick to pull out a Red Cadr.

Not totally convinced that Red Cards need to be scrapped as we can all recall when a Red Card has helped to quell a potentail situation. But do agree that some umps are over zealeous with pulling out the Red Card. I wonder who the regulars are ? Oh. And wasn't one of the umps at De Winton on Saturday a former player at the home team and have strong links to the league administration ? Interesting that he gets that game and is quick to pull out a Red Cadr.

ahm....no.

Bundoora Under 19's to Beat Eltham Under 19's by 101 pts,

Bundoora Twos by 123 pts,

Their ones by 28pts.

All in all a very sorry day for the Panthers

I was at Macleod, and for what its worth:

1. No issues with the supporters, all seemed good where I stood, and that was near them.
2. Red cards where a *****in joke. I agree with some others, yellow at BEST.
3. Ground was a bit ordinary, seems like one part was boggy and another cement.
4. They could not keep up with the beer, running out of Carlton Draught!!! (I got over it quickly tho)
5. Macleod will win more games, probably mostly at home but.
6. KA's mate (the ump who he cannot spell) was deplorable.
7. I enjoyed watching the winner of the Sydney Cup on the big screen (and yes I was all over it)
8. Looking forward to Rodney Hogg this week prior to the Panther.

Except for the fat guy sitting behind the Toyota Rego OMJ 724 who just yelled out all game to the Eltham Under 19's they were c... suckers, and their mums ........., really disgusting and disappointing, hope the young guy sitting next to him doesn;t follow in his footsteps

Except for the fat guy sitting behind the Toyota Rego OMJ 724 who just yelled out all game to the Eltham Under 19's they were c... suckers, and their mums ........., really disgusting and disappointing, hope the young guy sitting next to him doesn;t follow in his footsteps

thanks for the info someone will be watching and if its a problem it will be addressed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just wait until the business end of the season cos thats when the really classy players shine. Hopefully musta, your mate has a chance to show how good he is when it matters, cos at the end of the day rnd 3 means donut.
lets just see how much rd 3 matters at the end of the yr....... my bet is it does matter!!!!!

It's a big call for the umpire to make rub out a player for the game if the case is thrown out at the tribunal. I've always thought the umpire was there to umpire and if there is a report, send it to the tribunal and let them see if it's guilty.

I've got no problems with the king hits being sent off. They have no place in the game at all.

Bundoora Under 19's to Beat Eltham Under 19's by 101 pts,

Bundoora Twos by 123 pts,

Their ones by 28pts.

All in all a very sorry day for the Panthers

Tool.

We have had results like that before..........but its always GREAT to be a Panther.

Tool.

Greensborough 4.5 8.7 11.8 16.11 (107)
Macleod 4.1 6.5 8.7 9.7 (61)

GOALS:
Greensborough: Rogers 4 Shaw 3 Stead 2 Hutchinson 2 Gunn 2 Fowler Tarr Gration
Macleod: Lynch 5 Bennett 2 White Corr

BEST:
Greensborough: Atkins Tarr Rogers Gunn Stead Johnson
Macleod: Nankervis Long Lynch Kelly Paynter White

Northcote Park 7.3 12.7 16.10 19.12 (126)
W Preston Lakeside 2.0 4.1 8.3 12.7 (79)

GOALS:
Northcote Park: Saad 6 Violato 3 Scanlon 2 Habchi Dagher Abou-Eid Colman Hiho Luzza Webster Kelly
W Preston Lakeside: Meese 4 Ray 3 Doukas 2 Fahour Morrison Dobby

BEST:
Northcote Park: Violato Abou-Eid Saad Whillans Hiho Habchi
W Preston Lakeside: Williams Gannon Micevski Ray Eshel Sanderson

Eltham 4.3 7.5 9.7 10.8 (68)
Bundoora 5.1 8.6 14.10 20.16 (136)

GOALS:
Eltham: Sandy 4 Connelly 2 Ryan 2 Varsamakis Ohlsen
Bundoora: Harrison 3 Fletcher 3 Rogers 3 Mitchell 2 Buckley 2 Grossmann 2 Shelton Marshall Barbero Johnston Croughan

BEST:
Eltham: Ryan Mc Creery Connelly Sandy Varsamakis Richardson
Bundoora: Croughan Mitchell Marshall Gloury Mitchell Fletcher

North Heidelberg 3.5 4.6 7.9 11.11 (77)
Heidelberg 3.3 9.11 13.14 17.17 (119)

GOALS:
North Heidelberg: O'Neill 3 Holmes 2 Florance Bramich Massey Dean Hill McLean-Brunton
Heidelberg: Caddy 4 Favrin 4 Miller 2 Coff Logie Nolan Franchina Dobson Nolan Brunelli

BEST:
North Heidelberg: Gilbert King Holmes McLean-Brunton O'Neill Hill
Heidelberg: Murphy Franchina Dorbolo Nolan Brunelli Miller

greensborough 4.5 8.7 11.8 16.11 (107)
macleod 4.1 6.5 8.7 9.7 (61)

goals:
greensborough: Rogers 4 shaw 3 stead 2 hutchinson 2 gunn 2 fowler tarr gration
macleod: Lynch 5 bennett 2 white corr

best:
greensborough: Atkins tarr rogers gunn stead johnson
macleod: Nankervis long lynch kelly paynter white
northcote park 7.3 12.7 16.10 19.12 (126)
w preston lakeside 2.0 4.1 8.3 12.7 (79)

goals:
northcote park: Saad 6 violato 3 scanlon 2 habchi dagher abou-eid colman hiho luzza webster kelly
w preston lakeside: Meese 4 ray 3 doukas 2 fahour morrison dobby

best:
northcote park: Violato abou-eid saad whillans hiho habchi
w preston lakeside: Williams gannon micevski ray eshel sanderson
eltham 4.3 7.5 9.7 10.8 (68)
bundoora 5.1 8.6 14.10 20.16 (136)

goals:
eltham: Sandy 4 connelly 2 ryan 2 varsamakis ohlsen
bundoora: Harrison 3 fletcher 3 rogers 3 mitchell 2 buckley 2 grossmann 2 shelton marshall barbero johnston croughan

best:
eltham: Ryan mc creery connelly sandy varsamakis richardson
bundoora: Croughan mitchell marshall gloury mitchell fletcher
north heidelberg 3.5 4.6 7.9 11.11 (77)
heidelberg 3.3 9.11 13.14 17.17 (119)

goals:
north heidelberg: O'neill 3 holmes 2 florance bramich massey dean hill mclean-brunton
heidelberg: Caddy 4 favrin 4 miller 2 coff logie nolan franchina dobson nolan brunelli

best:
north heidelberg: Gilbert king holmes mclean-brunton o'neill hill
heidelberg: Murphy franchina dorbolo nolan brunelli miller
mont beat lalor by 15 points

Greensborough bring Macleod back to earth by humbling them by 7-8 goals :thumbsu:

Without doubt the better team won on the day. Maceod are a 6-8 goal better team at home but to be more competitive in Div 1 they need to find a way to win away! And yes they did beat Lalor away but you don't won't to rely on coming from 7 down at half time too often! Good side going places and hopefully we and Greensbourgh can find a way to stay up.

Greensy excellent, Macleod very poor. Quick lesson learned for the young kangas.

Borough hard all day and hunted in numbers and played with passion. Will be very competitive if they continue with the attitude displayed.

Without doubt the better team won on the day. Maceod are a 6-8 goal better team at home but to be more competitive in Div 1 they need to find a way to win away! And yes they did beat Lalor away but you don't won't to rely on coming from 7 down at half time too often! Good side going places and hopefully we and Greensbourgh can find a way to stay up.

Macleod will be staying up and If Greensbourough can beat Lalor next week they will stay up too.
Lalor must be red hot favorites for relegation even at this early stage. The bloods 2010 season was over the week before the first game when their commitee made the most stupid uninspiring decision to fine their players over training issues which resulted in Lance Whitnall retiring for a week before making a comeback for Craigiburn.:rolleyes:. Its not unfair to say that Big Red would have got the bloods over the line in their last three games?

No doubt Macleod were hoping to come about with a 4-0 record after saturday but nobody can deny the fact that they have turned heads coming up from division 2 and full credit goes to them.

yes being 7 goals down agaisnt Lalor was not a good hole to be in but then again a win is a win and that was 4 points on the board to the kangas,
and as for having to find a way to win away 1st away loss still signs to come of what they can do and still many more heads are still to turn.

but every a dream run has to come to and end and the borocane stopped them convincingly.

any thoughts on the bulls? finally a win on the board and by quite a bit as well against Eltham word has it they were giving quite a bit of stick to young B Taglieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back