Northern Football League Division 1 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that settles it, they are the Collingwood of the NFL with all their failures in Finals and now they bleat like Collingwood when somthing happens against them, wonder if Mr Carey would listen to any other other club if they had a complaint against a player, me thinks not, as it's not the Bundoora Football Club

failures in finals pull up you clown pretty sure we actually one two finals games this year, and no excuses at all west one simple they were better on the day, by the way carey reported hocking himself bundoora footy club didnt put in a complaint

WATCH THIS SPACE:

Investigation being conducted on West Preston Vs Bundoora Prelim final yesterday.

Apparently the NFL official time keepers somehow extended the 3rd qtr which West Preston was kicking with the famous Preston City Oval gale by a massive 10 mins. The qtr went for a total of 39 mins with only 8 goals kicked and no extended time off periods for send offs, strechers or extra ordinary events. The last qtr had 8 goals aswell and went 10 mins less.

3 likely outcomes as the result of the investigation:

1. Scores stand and West Preston progress to the Grand final
2. Scores are altered to when the siren should have sounded (game was video taped so NFL know exactly when siren should have sounded) Bundoora win by 8 points
3. Replay

looks as though either way the NFL is going to be surrounded in controversy due to their own fault.

WATCH THIS SPACE:

Investigation being conducted on West Preston Vs Bundoora Prelim final yesterday.

Apparently the NFL official time keepers somehow extended the 3rd qtr which West Preston was kicking with the famous Preston City Oval gale by a massive 10 mins. The qtr went for a total of 39 mins with only 8 goals kicked and no extended time off periods for send offs, strechers or extra ordinary events. The last qtr had 8 goals aswell and went 10 mins less.

2. Scores are altered to when the siren should have sounded (game was video taped so NFL know exactly when siren should have sounded) Bundoora win by 8 points
3. Replay

looks as though either way the NFL is going to be surrounded in controversy due to their own fault.

Big Giuseppe must of forgot to restart the clock when he was taking a bite out of his pie and hotdog!

WATCH THIS SPACE:

3. Replay

All over SEN tonight. This is absolute shit that this can happen. However We all know the NFL will do NOTHING. But what can they do other than say bad luck. If it was a vote I would say replay, but we know the logistics on that would be impossible.

I am in NO WAY associated with BFC (actually quite the opposite) but to work all season and some cluster**** makes a vital error that (possibly) costs you a GF. DISGRACEFUL.

This is just not good enough. I thanks God that it did not involve my side as I would be gutted.

Option 1: I'm guessing the rule book contains a watertight line that goes something like "the quarter will be deemed over only when the siren sounds". difficult for even a decent legal type to get round that one. The NFL will then use this to over rule any complaint.
Option 2: Surely not as simple as that, because both teams may have adapted the way they played in the last quarter if the siren had sounded at the correct time. Unfair and inappropriate to change the score retrospectively IMO.
Option 3: This would push the GF back a week. I imagine the oval will be booked for the week after it is scheuled already.....also the players/officials are unlikely to be available (pre-booked footy trips/holidays etc.)

2 point i would like to make on the issue.

1. Has the NFL recieved the time cards for sunday? If so it should state the starting and finishing time of the quarter along with the amount of time off written on the card if it doesn't show 20+19 time off then its not the timekeepers fault then move on to point 2 scenario.

2. if the time clock on the scorboard was operational could it be possible it was not reset correctly at the start of the quarter or could it have faulted and skipped time while it was operating during the 3rd quarter.

WATCH THIS SPACE:

3. Replay

Did Bundoora have mad monday, or for that matter a wake on sun night? Slight disadvantage if there is a replay or are awarded the game.

2 point i would like to make on the issue.

1. Has the NFL recieved the time cards for sunday? If so it should state the starting and finishing time of the quarter along with the amount of time off written on the card if it doesn't show 20+19 time off then its not the timekeepers fault then move on to point 2 scenario.

2. if the time clock on the scorboard was operational could it be possible it was not reset correctly at the start of the quarter or could it have faulted and skipped time while it was operating during the 3rd quarter.

golden point the nfl has received the time cards that is were all this has started, the two time keepers signed off on 10 mins of time on so the quarter should have finished at the 30 minute mark but it actually went 39.

WATCH THIS SPACE:

3. Replay

How can this happen?

Is this incompetence, or is there a suggestion of corruption?

This is the biggest scandal since Keon Park lost the under 11 grand final to yarrambat due to a time keeping error around 1995.
( I don't forget or forgive Floydy you prick!):mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can this happen?

Is this incompetence, or is there a suggestion of corruption?

Well what muck up! but funny enough this is the second time this has happened in the finals series in 2010, as i was at the div 2 reserves first semi @ cramer st whitt v mernda, 2nd quarter.

what happened was there was a young fella knocked out in the under 19s so play stopped for 25 mins(3rd quarter) while ambulance come to look after the young fella, so Crompton went to both reserves coaches and stated there will be no time on in the first half of the reserves as per home and away games, finally the game started and first quarter went 20 mins but come the second whitts coach had a cloke on his board and noticed the game still going at 22mins and clock on the board stating the same, so a whitt official approached the nfl guys who went to time keepers box and siren sounded with 26 1/2 mins on the clock wonder how long it would have went if the guys from whitt didn't make the complaint, The dissapointing thing is they didn't learn from the issue and let it go and it affected there biggest game out side the div 1 gf. terrible by Crompton and co I think!

If Bulls were up when the siren should have sounded then it's their GF. What reasonable argument could be offered to suggest otherwise? Who's ultimately gonna make that decision is the issue. Corruption! You've been working for the Govt too long JB :D

If Bulls were up when the siren should have sounded then it's their GF. What reasonable argument could be offered to suggest otherwise? Who's ultimately gonna make that decision is the issue. Corruption! You've been working for the Govt too long JB :D

I am sure Jarryd Carey can get Bundoora over the line

failures in finals pull up you clown pretty sure we actually one two finals games this year, and no excuses at all west one simple they were better on the day, by the way carey reported hocking himself bundoora footy club didnt put in a complaint

AMAZING with all the games Carey watches during the season,there was no other player be it with any of the Clubs he saw worth complaining about.THE DVFL is still alive and well!!!!!

I am not one to have a go at the current abministation (ha ha not much) but if they were going to change the result of the game then it would have had to be changed by monday at the latest to give the Bulls a chance to get into GF mode and WP a chance to challange the decision.
As per usual Kevin will keep his head down and wait for everything to blow over.

The problem is that it was the third 3qtr not the last. The NFL are stuffed on 3 accounts. West aren't goin to want a rematch, bundoora will and Heidelberg will not want to wait another week.

Maybe should just give Heidelberg the cup now and play bulls vs roosters this week for 2nd??

It's bad enough the boys have gotta go into this Sat as the underdogs let alone have this hanging over their heads. Under the circumstances, if it were the Berg down that siren would've prematurely articulated. Alternatively, what if Mont was on the receiving end? We'd never hear the end of it. Perish the thought :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back