Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local council are reaching into their pockets and a fence is to be installed at Yulong Park (No not around the park so put your coins away) A boundary fence is being installed within the next four weeks. Not only will make veiwing the game better but hopefully better for the players as well.

Only need to fix the most important thing now.THE GROUND! Drove past yesterday and it is in very ordinary condition compared to every other ground i drive past.Bare spots everywhere.So while there will be a fence around the ground will there be games to watch?

Apparently signed on Tuesday and have since had it confirmed.

Prestigiacomo to join Rocca at West Preston-Lakeside

COLLINGWOOD fan favourite Simon Prestigiacomo will join his former teammate Anthony Rocca at West Preston-Lakeside in Northern Football League this season.

Prestigiacomo, 33, who retired after withdrawing from the Magpies drought-breaking 2010 premiership side signed with the Roosters today.

The dour full-back, who in his 233 AFL-game career kept the likes of Matthew Lloyd, Barry Hall and Brendan Fevola under control and booted three goals of his own, gives the reigning NFL Division 1 premier even more of a Collingwood feel after the club announced it had secured Rocca last month.

Roosters president Graham Mills said it was a major coup for the club

http://preston-leader.whereilive.co...acomo-to-join-rocca-at-west-preston-lakeside/

What's happening up at Whittlesea ? Other than Rocky Collins, it seems the external recruitment has been a bit quiet.

Also noticed the Josh Nixon is going to Ovens & Murray comp. What's the go there ??

Would hate to see Whittlesea come up for only 1 season....

daniel toman from woodend, very good player, was training at bullants so dont know if he has listed whittlesea as his nominated club, played about 7 or 8 games for woodend last year finished 3rd in the bnf, should go pretty well in divvy 1

Only need to fix the most important thing now.THE GROUND! Drove past yesterday and it is in very ordinary condition compared to every other ground i drive past.Bare spots everywhere.So while there will be a fence around the ground will there be games to watch?

Not sure what constitutes "everywhere" but i was there last night for cricket training and can safely say that the ground is in the best condition it's been since i can remember.

As for the fence, will be interesting to see what happens as the boundary is being extended 3 metres on the far side of the oval which means the cricket pitch on Yulong 2 needs to be moved. Not sure that the same amount of funds are available that were when the proposal was agreed on......

Hope i'm wrong, but i'll believe the fence when i see it.

Presti, Rocca, Goodwin, now I hear Dylan Mclaren is going to play at West Preston this yr.

Wow starting to look a lot like Heidelberg, I thought West Preston were about playing the juniors and developing the juniors?

yeah i played cricket there last week and the surface is pretty good, just a bit sandy in patchs. I was pretty sore the next day and all i did was stand in 1st slip all day

Presti, Rocca, Goodwin, now I hear Dylan Mclaren is going to play at West Preston this yr.

Wow starting to look a lot like Heidelberg, I thought West Preston were about playing the juniors and developing the juniors?

Mclaren has been training at the Roosters for the past few weeks now

Mclaren has been training at the Roosters for the past few weeks now
i hope everyone is happy to see this.i know that we want them all to play against us at heidelberg.think of the crowds these players will bring to the local footy.it can only be good for us all.plus we wont be paying their bill.so welcome all to the tiger den for that game. look on www.heidelbergfc.com.au for all your info. its the best web site going. did i mention it www.heidelbergfc.com.au.

I hope West Preston will put some of this new found wealth they seem to have aquired into improving their club rooms and facilities ?

Come down tomorrow and watch the first ever BOAGS Preaseason invitational @ the nice ovals at Bulleen Park, Bulleen, where the WEST PRESTON FC will take on 7 other 2010 Premiers from different leagues for the $5000K in cash & prizes.
Gates open 10am and day finishes at 6pm. Jumping castle for kids!
WEST PRESTON FC have moved to a top 3-4 favorite on BETSTAR betting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope West Preston will put some of this new found wealth they seem to have aquired into improving their club rooms and facilities ?

Could not agree more POB.

Good luck to WPL and I look forward to watching all these new recruits, will be great. BUT when opposition have to bloody change in filthy asbestos ridden cold shity public toilets its makes the them look like a real amateur outfit. Its really piss poor. (especially when the Hamburgers are usually quite tasty, and the beer always cold)

Could not agree more POB.

Good luck to WPL and I look forward to watching all these new recruits, will be great. BUT when opposition have to bloody change in filthy asbestos ridden cold shity public toilets its makes the them look like a real amateur outfit. Its really piss poor. (especially when the Hamburgers are usually quite tasty, and the beer always cold)

Just had to come out of retirement on this matter. Agree with you 100% DC but surely to god the powers at NFL have to eventually make a stand on standard changeroom sizes. The old DVFL let them get away with it and now the NFL are stickin their collective heads in the sand. Absolute joke, let me re-phrase that, disgrace, to see players being rubbed down on tables outside simply because there's not enough room inside. Love to see how their prized recruits for this year would cope if they had to put up with this crap at opposition grounds:mad:.

West Preston, Best Hot dogs (Mmmm hot dogs) Worst Change rooms. Come on Heidelberg you could be worst with very little effort.

West Preston, Best Hot dogs (Mmmm hot dogs) Worst Change rooms. Come on Heidelberg you could be worst with very little effort.

What's news from the pen?

Heard a young KPS juinor might be making a come back this yr?

Fact or Fiction?

Yeah Nah Out!

Hey feenix I wouldn't get to carried away about changerooms that dogbox at Bundoora is nearly as bad as that public liability trap at Eltham. At least Heidelberg are making an effort and facilities will be better when the new work is completed

Hey feenix I wouldn't get to carried away about changerooms that dogbox at Bundoora is nearly as bad as that public liability trap at Eltham. At least Heidelberg are making an effort and facilities will be better when the new work is completed
couldnt agree more foodie!!!!:thumbsu: elthams are by far the the worst!! closely followed bundooras!!

couldnt agree more foodie!!!!:thumbsu: elthams are by far the the worst!! closely followed bundooras!!

Yes Eltham are not the greatest, no where near it. But you are kidding yourself if you are comparing them to the toilets at WPL and that sub standard crap at Warringul, just kidding yourself. Bundooras are not great either but better (IN MY OPINION) that these three.

Oh and this is as of last year, congrats if you are putting money in and building better rooms.

West Prestosn rooms are a disgrace.

Can anyone from Mont give an insight into how Dean Limbach is going?

Surely he would be stoked with the likes of Ben Haynes running through the middle with the leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back