Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane Harvey & Saul Caddy have been offered a heap of money from struggling Riddell Football League club Lancefield next season. No idea if they are actually going but they have definately been offered a truck load of cash.. You heard it here first

I reckon there would no chance stevens would risk a neck injury like his to play local footy :confused:

Agreed!

From the great turf at the Gabba to the mud pit at Mont surely 5 mins in he would be thinking why the f*$@ did I agree to this....

K.Smith doesn't like to attend Macleod games due to the abuse he has received there on a couple of occasions. Much like I never attended Monty games after I was labelled a 'racist' in mid-2009.

Abuse at Macleod - no way !

Shane Harvey & Saul Caddy have been offered a heap of money from struggling Riddell Football League club Lancefield next season. No idea if they are actually going but they have definately been offered a truck load of cash.. You heard it here first
Bwahahahahlol, far from the truth. Not going.:confused:

Turned out Stevens did play against the tiges :D
Went down to Warringal to have a look at the Tiges v The Mighty Mont Machine and yes Nick Stevens played and went pretty well for his first run in a while but u have to hand it to Mont they'll try anything to put the other team off, yesterday heidelberg had no bench after half time so Mont went one better and started the second half with only 17 men on the ground, after a bit of a search they found the player locked in the rooms :confused: You'd think one of the ten blokes in the box would pick up that Heidelberg had a loose player before they started the quarter.

Went down to Warringal to have a look at the Tiges v The Mighty Mont Machine and yes Nick Stevens played and went pretty well for his first run in a while but u have to hand it to Mont they'll try anything to put the other team off, yesterday heidelberg had no bench after half time so Mont went one better and started the second half with only 17 men on the ground, after a bit of a search they found the player locked in the rooms :confused: You'd think one of the ten blokes in the box would pick up that Heidelberg had a loose player before they started the quarter.
did someone have a trewie doll in the crowd.its coming.

mmm, will NH be able to field sides next season???

After having a look at the Tribunal list for this week, anyone from heidelberg explain why a bloke in the 2s copped a week for "pushing"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what would you have him get ?:confused:

Just trying to understand how someone can be reported, let alone suspended for pushing? I can't recall ever seeing it happen before. i can only assume that he pushed someone into a fence or goal post, not sure what else would constitute a reportable offence for "pushing" That's why i asked for an explanation. It's really not that confusing........

Just trying to understand how someone can be reported, let alone suspended for pushing? I can't recall ever seeing it happen before. i can only assume that he pushed someone into a fence or goal post, not sure what else would constitute a reportable offence for "pushing" That's why i asked for an explanation. It's really not that confusing........

Lmao the standard of umpiring has hit new lows, I think the NFL should start paying themselves less up the top and spend some good money on a great umpiring director, afterall its about the game not the umpires..

^ afl cant even get good umpires haha dunno what chance local footy has

It's simple, when in doubt, put away the whistle. Nothing is better for a game of footy played at any level where 'play on' is the theme of the day. They are needed in this great game to officiate only when players breach the games rules in a contest. Not to disect the contest and look for chances for them to blow the whistle because thats what secretly gets them off at night.:p

pay them more as an incentive to develop their skills and knowledge of the game, and in doing so, have someone judge their performance a little more critical than what they are getting judged at the moment. would hate to see it cost a side a spot in the finals or even worse.......

:footy:

It's simple, when in doubt, put away the whistle. Nothing is better for a game of footy played at any level where 'play on' is the theme of the day. They are needed in this great game to officiate only when players breach the games rules in a contest. Not to disect the contest and look for chances for them to blow the whistle because thats what secretly gets them off at night.:p

pay them more as an incentive to develop their skills and knowledge of the game, and in doing so, have someone judge their performance a little more critical than what they are getting judged at the moment. would hate to see it cost a side a spot in the finals or even worse.......

:footy:
Like most things you get what you pay for, NFL umpires get about $60-$80 a senior game, apparently less than other leagues from what i've been told by a recently retired goal umpire. Perhaps higher payment could create a better standard, not that it should be the case, but maybe better umpires go to higher paying leagues.

*** me $8 per adult to get into kids finals in the NFL, this is taking the p1ss. I see Shelley St has the temporary fencing up to make sure nobody 'sneaks' into a park that I imagine is council owned and which I already pay my rates to upkeep!!!!! Should have sent the little fella to play for a club in the YJFL which do not charge to get into kids finals (even the GF)!

Will the scoreline in the reserves match between Eltham v Bundoora tomorrow be like the Gee v Melb game?, a one's side playing a VAFA Club 18 side or worse..let's hope not..

Lmao the standard of umpiring has hit new lows, I think the NFL should start paying themselves less up the top and spend some good money on a great umpiring director, afterall its about the game not the umpires..

It starts at the top mate.Kevin Smith as umpires director has had a senior coach from a top 5 Div 1 club leave 3 messages on his phone and he has not had the decency to even return 1 0f them.Feedback from all coaches can only be a positive i believe,but maybe Kevin thinks it will only be clubs criticising his department.We really need to address the umpires situation at season's conclusion.

After having a look at the Tribunal list for this week, anyone from heidelberg explain why a bloke in the 2s copped a week for "pushing"?

it was for pushing after he disposed of the footy. it's in the rule book as a reportable offence. And he took the set penalty, so must have been guilty or couldnt be bothered fronting up to the tribunal.

(vi) throwing or pushing another Player after that
Player has taken a Mark, disposed of the football
or after the football is otherwise out​
of play;

Hi all, it's been a while since I have been on here.
Alot has been said about the standard of umpiring and whilst I agree to some of the points I do disagree with the majority of them, for starters I have never met or had conversation with any ump who does it for the cash, as for the ump bashing perhaps people need to look at the game from both angles and not through a perspective of he or she hates our club.

From what I have read on here perhaps the umpiring department will get some much needed recruits over the summer months and the league will improve dramatically.I fear not.

Please feel free to ask any question you feel relevant and I will endeavor to answer, however you may not like the answers you receive, when asking the basic question regarding free kick paid for your club do you ever question the dodgy ones or do you just accept them?

Everyone watching the game is an umpire to some degree and only a few supporters actually know the rules of the local league, again having said that some umpires in the lower grades need some fine tuning, as do players. the league will have within the next 5 years some degree of attricion because of age and various other causes, this leads into another area of concern for the power brokers at league headquarters.

It will be interesting to hear some of the bashers on here that criticize the umps whether they will take up the call to arms and help the league in their hour of need, I will not hold my breath because ultimately it will never occur.

I welcome with open arms any individual from all clubs from div 1 to div 3 to come down to Garvey Oval on any Wednesday night and have a run.

I will await all the criticism be it positive or negative that this post has delivered.

Cheers
WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back