Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, it's been a while since I have been on here.
Alot has been said about the standard of umpiring and whilst I agree to some of the points I do disagree with the majority of them, for starters I have never met or had conversation with any ump who does it for the cash, as for the ump bashing perhaps people need to look at the game from both angles and not through a perspective of he or she hates our club.

From what I have read on here perhaps the umpiring department will get some much needed recruits over the summer months and the league will improve dramatically.I fear not.

Please feel free to ask any question you feel relevant and I will endeavor to answer, however you may not like the answers you receive, when asking the basic question regarding free kick paid for your club do you ever question the dodgy ones or do you just accept them?

Everyone watching the game is an umpire to some degree and only a few supporters actually know the rules of the local league, again having said that some umpires in the lower grades need some fine tuning, as do players. the league will have within the next 5 years some degree of attricion because of age and various other causes, this leads into another area of concern for the power brokers at league headquarters.

It will be interesting to hear some of the bashers on here that criticize the umps whether they will take up the call to arms and help the league in their hour of need, I will not hold my breath because ultimately it will never occur.

I welcome with open arms any individual from all clubs from div 1 to div 3 to come down to Garvey Oval on any Wednesday night and have a run.

I will await all the criticism be it positive or negative that this post has delivered.

Cheers
WB

Hi WB perhaps you can answer a question that perplexes me. Why cant a player ask why a free kick has been paid without a 50m penalty, yellow carded or worse? If an umpire could answer the question players may have a better handle on how the umpire is thinking as a lot of rules are open for interpretation. You would probably find less frustration on the ground which ultimately leads to incidents.

Has there been a game between the Big 4 this season that hasn't been an absolute belter? Went to the 2nd half at War Memorial today and the injury-ravaged Tigers won by 3 points. Great action again. Not a bad crowd too in the rain.

Has there been a game between the Big 4 this season that hasn't been an absolute belter? Went to the 2nd half at War Memorial today and the injury-ravaged Tigers won by 3 points. Great action again. Not a bad crowd too in the rain.

Wait to ya see the goal that won the game. Ironically, it was off an x Berg, Boro player. CLASSIC! ... under the circumstances.

Some incredible results. West Preston and Bundoora both going down and fancy the Cougars getting thrashed the way they did.
Doesn't look as though Nick Stevens played for Monty. Dropped?!

Classic game of youth versus experience with the old heads of Heidelberg prevailing in the end. What about the big Irishman Micky Finn, surely the best ruckman in the comp at the present time? Better than Gay.

Emotionally charged day at Panther land today. A huge gathering on Can Hill to remember the recent tragic loss of one of their loyalist supporters.

Come game time whilst always confident I never knew what would happen and after about 90 seconds the Panther had two gaols and it was game on.

Really it was juts 4 quarters of good honest footy, the best win of the season and I have no doubts the Bulls will be looking at what went wrong to try and fix it for the finals.

Hughsey and Tommy Richo were my best on ground. At the conclusion of the game when the Panther players, as one, came over and cheered the boys on Can Hill in rememberance of their great supporter there was tears in the crowd. Simply awesome symbol and shows what a great bunch of guys they are.

Thoughts go out to Bulls coach Shark whose son was rushed to hospital early this mornig, and in very serious condition. Bretty is a fantastic bloke and all Elthams thoughts are with Phil and his family at this time.

Some incredible results. West Preston and Bundoora both going down and fancy the Cougars getting thrashed the way they did.
Doesn't look as though Nick Stevens played for Monty. Dropped?!

No. He will play next week as will our ruckman and maybe J Mcgough.

Sure - it has not been our best year... but gee its fun to watch our kids... (oh no I sound like a panther supporter:eek:)

as much as im not a burns fan .. gee.. to take the goal off him for that??:confused:

Thats what I mean ... CLASSIC! ... The Burner an Stinga are good mates. But of course ... he do not know that the umpire. Anyway, that's the one we get back from last year. Geeze ... they'd be going right-on-with-it at Eltham wouldn't they?

Great game between grensy and the burgs. WTF was with the umpire taking a goal from greensborough because a player bumped a bloke after it went through. Yeah maybe a free kick from the centre but canceling a goal after it went through was a disgrace. The umpires made a few questionable decisions which the radio also metioned against greensborough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game between grensy and the burgs. WTF was with the umpire taking a goal from greensborough because a player bumped a bloke after it went through. Yeah maybe a free kick from the centre but canceling a goal after it went through was a disgrace. The umpires made a few questionable decisions which the radio also metioned against greensborough.
as i tried to put on here yesterday. you must be kidding me. we love the umpires at www.heidelbergfc.com.au.
as for greensy getting a bad deal.i nearly spluttered my oatmeal across the kitchen.i thought they did a good job doing a job that all the whingers on here arent brave enough to do.a great close game full of mistakes from both sides.anway as we know the flag is won on the final day of the year.we are now going to finish in the top 3 .
anyway back to the umps three cheers for the umps and one for burnsy.big game next week at the den all get along.

The umpire cancelled the goal??

If he did, he got it wrong. Probably could have been a free-kick back in the centre but the goal should have still registered.

$hit happens, move on
Umpire said he hadn't called all clear so the goal hadn't been registered, but you're right $hit happens.
Any news on C.Cloke involved in heavy head clash that required Ambo ?

The umpire cancelled the goal??

If he did, he got it wrong. Probably could have been a free-kick back in the centre but the goal should have still registered.

$hit happens, move on

It ain't a goal until the all clear is given. The video shows the umpire award free kick instantly (rightly or wrongly) and therefore goal was never kicked.

Any news on C.Cloke involved in heavy head clash that required Ambo ?

I've heard that he was in undertaking brain scans. Unfortunately even with the advancements they have made in todays' medicine, they still couldn't find one.

Apparently used the old man as the experimental control and even then had very little to work with.

I've got to say, everyone was concerned for his wellbeing when he went down, but after he got up and carried on like a Deadset Porkchop and ripped off the neckbrace and chastised the medical staff who were assisting him. Pfft, should have brought out the screens and shot him.

I've heard that he was in undertaking brain scans. Unfortunately even with the advancements they have made in todays' medicine, they still couldn't find one.

Apparently used the old man as the experimental control and even then had very little to work with.

I've got to say, everyone was concerned for his wellbeing when he went down, but after he got up and carried on like a Deadset Porkchop and ripped off the neckbrace and chastised the medical staff who were assisting him. Pfft, should have brought out the screens and shot him.

You are an out and out flog...

The bloke was out cold for 2 mins and obviously when he came around he didn't know what was going on. Some of the abuse from the Eltham supporters when the break in play occurred was disgraceful. I know it was a big day for the boys on the hill but still not good enough.

You are an out and out flog...

The bloke was out cold for 2 mins and obviously when he came around he didn't know what was going on. Some of the abuse from the Eltham supporters when the break in play occurred was disgraceful. I know it was a big day for the boys on the hill but still not good enough.

I was on the Hill and yes. initially there was a few comments from a few punters trying to be humorous (as would happen at most grounds) but when he was down for that long and it was obvious it was serious people became a bit more reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back