Northern Football League Division 1 - Part VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. No no Sol, far removed from the inner workings of the Slime.

I was actually a bit surprised about some of the talk on here about Boro going the knuckle, as i thought it was a fairly tame contest. The only times it looked like getting out of control was when big Saul lost his GPS pre-match and little Nabbout was asking a few Boro boys to hit him at Qtr time.

Having said that, I have noooo seen any video footage (Booflington - where are the subtle YouTube links!?) which always tells a different story.

For the record (insert head-wobble) my 3 pre-season premiership tips (as recorded on NFL-TV) are right in play;

Heidelberg, Lower Plenty, South Morang

How does the yellow card system work in finals? I ask as Rocca got a yellow last week and no doubt Greensy will go after him and try to get another which will knock him out for the prelim should they win.
If there was ever any chance of a good blue it will be this game, all or nothing between two teams that love having the iodd sneako.
Tige v Bulls should be the game of the year, as both have a couple of weeks to go yet.

Lets hope for a cracking day and that all the WAG's get out there and support the boys.:D

Phoenix... Mulitiple Yellow and Red cards are irrelevant in Seniors and Reserves (provided there isn't a umpire report that accompanies them).

Send offs (yellow & red) accumulate in 19s, but that is for the entire season, not just the finals and goes as follows...

2 send offs = automatic 1 match
3 send offs = 2 matches
4 send offs = 4 matches
5 send offs = 8 matches

... I have noooo seen any video footage (Booflington - where are the subtle YouTube links!?) which always tells a different story ...

Funny you should mention that. It seems every man-an-his-dog wants a copy of that game. Unfortunately, I must have had a bad tape or something. No footage.

On another note, went to GB rooms after game. Warm slab still in the car.

FINALLLLLLY someone with a sensible comment!! Well done Snakebite!

JUST QUICKLY... Even though I'm not in the inner-sanctum loop at NFL HQ anymore, I can't imagine Divvy 3 being abandoned under any circumstances. So I'm pretty sure we've all been wasting our time about a non-issue when we could have been talking about the most exciting finals series the league has seen in forever!

Now to the real action...

Bundoora, despite missing the best full back in the business, to just get over the line against the Berg. Reckon the Michael Mitchell vs Mark Favrin duel COULD just about decide the contest.

West Preston to be too strong and too experienced against my old mob on Sunday. Can't help but wonder what might have been for the mighty Boro if Conlan "Keg on Legs" Gunn hadn't booked his overseas trip so early in the year - the little man is perfect for finals footy.

Bulls by 7 points
Roosters by 23 points

I wonder if Mitchell is having nightmares about his first final last year when Weatherald kicked half a dozen on him? Tigers by 30

Funny you should mention that. It seems every man-an-his-dog wants a copy of that game. Unfortunately, I must have had a bad tape or something. No footage.

....Your Honour.....

I cannot recall that.....

...I did not have sexual relations with that woman......

....there will be no carbon tax under my government....

:D:D

Bundoora has fallen victim to the three game rulle with two senior players ineligible to play reserves after missing out on ones. Interesting rule???
Meanwhile Mont have been able to load up on two's as they have had such a crap season.:D
Anyway just walked over the hallowed turf of Cramer Street and I reckon that even at my tender age I could have kicked a goal from the centre going to the Cramer Street end. The wind was absolutely howling.
From the wrong end.:eek:

Seniors
First Semi Final
Greensborough vs. West Preston
Put it down to finals nerves or inexperience but the Burra will be hoping that last week's performance was a once-off as they try to upset the defending champion Roosters who were super impressive last week. It's a totally different Roosters team to when these two last met and they should be able to reverse that result comfortably.

Second Semi Final
Bundoora vs. Heidelberg
The Tigers have certainly been the most consistent team over the second half of the season, yet the Bulls finished on top and have the advantage of the week's rest. The Tigers will certainly be playing with renewed confidence after their strong win last week and with a couple of major outs for the Bulls they should be the first into the Grand Final.

Reserves.
First Semi Final
West Preston vs. Northcote Park

Second Semi Final
Bundoora vs. Montmorency

Under 19s.
First Semi Final
Eltham vs. Bundoora

Second Semi Final
Greensborough vs. Northcote Park

Gday chaps
Couple of interesting onlookers at Bundoora v Heidelberg game.
What on earth was Chad Cornes doing there? He seemed pretty chummy with the Tigers.
Matt Kreuzer was watching brother John - stood for most of the day and no sign of any injury.
Lance Whitnall knocking back a few froths - strange in that his brother was down the road playing in a grand final - perhaps the relationship is not quite mended.
And great to see Tony Shaw give Collingwood's game a miss and head to Preston to watch Brayden.

Horrible game today. West preston just to good got the jump and that was that. Horrible wind besides the junk in the last no goals were scored at 1 end. Shocking sorta game to watch the league should really reconsider not
Hosting games there. Every final I've been to there it's been a 2-6 goal wind

Hosting games there. Every final I've been to there it's been a 2-6 goal wind[/quote]

You obviously were not there on Saturday in what was pretty much ideal conditions. The wind gusted occassionally in the last but the only time it influenced the game was when Farrely broke clear of a centre bounce and kicked from inside the square to nail a goal at the Market end in the last. And by then it was OOOOVVVVEEERRRR.
Bundoora were very impressive across all lines and only used Kruezer and Penn sparingly so apart from young Nipper Marshall, will have a full list to choose from.
Bad luck to Nipper he was red hot and put his body on the line to protect the ball carrier who was about to get creamed. Unfortunately when a little bloke hits a big bloke the laws of physics says it's gunna hurt. However it showed the committment and courage of the kid.
Berg's looked wounded but I don't think they will simply surrender to Pebbles and his boys. Three yellow cards and a report indicate that there is bite in the old tiger yet.
See ya on Sundy.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First quarter told the tale. Two early misses by H/Berg then one way traffic for the Bulls. Tigers trying to play catch up from then on. Bulls dominant in most positions. As noted, pure courage by young Marshall - held his ground in heavy traffic.

Big week at the Den. Roosters up and about again at the business end of the year.

Hosting games there. Every final I've been to there it's been a 2-6 goal wind

You obviously were not there on Saturday in what was pretty much ideal conditions. The wind gusted occassionally in the last but the only time it influenced the game was when Farrely broke clear of a centre bounce and kicked from inside the square to nail a goal at the Market end in the last. And by then it was OOOOVVVVEEERRRR.
Bundoora were very impressive across all lines and only used Kruezer and Penn sparingly so apart from young Nipper Marshall, will have a full list to choose from.
Bad luck to Nipper he was red hot and put his body on the line to protect the ball carrier who was about to get creamed. Unfortunately when a little bloke hits a big bloke the laws of physics says it's gunna hurt. However it showed the committment and courage of the kid.
Berg's looked wounded but I don't think they will simply surrender to Pebbles and his boys. Three yellow cards and a report indicate that there is bite in the old tiger yet.
See ya on Sundy.;)[/quote]

26deg with 45k winds for Sunday. Might be worth about 6 goals then!

Bundoora has fallen victim to the three game rulle with two senior players ineligible to play reserves after missing out on ones. Interesting rule???
Meanwhile Mont have been able to load up on two's as they have had such a crap season.:D
Anyway just walked over the hallowed turf of Cramer Street and I reckon that even at my tender age I could have kicked a goal from the centre going to the Cramer Street end. The wind was absolutely howling.
From the wrong end.:eek:

Wasn't Bundoora one of the Club's who complained to the League about Eltham's U19's when Eltham U19's won the flag a few years back, and then this rule was brought in?????

Wasn't Bundoora one of the Club's who complained to the League about Eltham's U19's when Eltham U19's won the flag a few years back, and then this rule was brought in?????
No

For a player who played reserves and seniors it used to be you had to play more than 6 games in the reserves but less than 10 in the seniors unless they where playing on the same weekend. But the under 19's didn't have this requirement. Eltham exploited this rule in 2008 getting a number of players, who had been playing seniors, to sit on the bench for three games in the U19's to qualify for finals.

The next year (2009) the NFL made the requirements for the under 19's the same as the reserves to close the loop hole.

The NFL changed the quafilication rules again this year for what reason I can't possibly tell you because there was nothing wrong the way they were and now they are complete shambles.
The 6/9 rule now only applies to U19's not Reserves
If you play more than 9 games in the Senior's you can't play finals for the U19's even if the Seniors and Under 19's are playing on the same day.
If you haven't played 3 games in the U19's/Reserves you can't play finals for the U19's/Reserves when the U19's/Reserves are on the same day as the Seniors.

What i dont understand is why would a club drop a player out of its 1's so then can strengthen their 2's when playing on the same day?

Can anyone explain the logic behind this riduclous rule?

Did you watch saturdays game HBw***er?? Michael Mitchell sends his regards.......

and you were pretty close on the margin too chump......

what part of my comment said anything about Mitchells performance on saturday?? I stated that he was blatantly taught a football lesson in his first final last year. Good luck to the bloke if he turned it around this year

Congratulations to bundy, hopefully they can keep it going for one more

Did you watch saturdays game HBw***er?? Michael Mitchell sends his regards.......

and you were pretty close on the margin too chump......

Keep a lid on it moose the boys have a habit of falling over at the last dance....lets hope the boys have one more effort in them like saturdays cheers.....ps hope the bergs make the big one!...... would be fitting to beat the best if there good enough.:thumbsu:

Given it's already Hump Day I reckon it's time to start talking actual footy ladies and gentleboobies...

Firstly.. congrats to the Bulls on making it to the big dance. Hugely deserved after a fantastic year. Special mention to Nipper Marshall who looks like missing the GF. I've been a huge fan of Nipper for the past few years and have no doubt he'll be a star of the comp for many years to come. Fingers crossed B Shelton and T McIntosh get up by 24/9.

Also well done to the Boro on a sensational season. Going out in straight sets will leave a sour taste in their mouths and I hope they come back bigger and better in 2012. I also hope their midfield brigade will be more careful in planning overseas jaunts!! Big pat on the back for their skipper Bongo, whose leadership was outstanding all year.

NOW...

How good is this Sunday going to be!!?? A re-match of last years GF, with the Roosters looking the team to beat while the Berg will be desperate to atone for not only last weeks result, but also the loss in the final game last year.

I think West might be just a tad too quick across the ground with too much firepower up forward. The Rocca and Robertson duet could prove the difference in the end.

West Preston by 17 points.

Keep a lid on it moose the boys have a habit of falling over at the last dance....lets hope the boys have one more effort in them like saturdays cheers.....ps hope the bergs make the big one!...... would be fitting to beat the best if there good enough.:thumbsu:
Stringa go sit under your little rock, you are an embarressment.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back