Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee that’s eating your own Moving Pic’s.
Too many people have left the club is what I hear, what about the two grey haired blokes one of them has a beard & the other one was McEwen’s side kick I saw them at Lower on Saturday with the reserves.
So tell us why so many leave Morang, broken promises?? Not enough doing the hard work on & off the field??
Tennant, Coghill & Brown best for Monty Sunday.
Any truth in the rumor meeting tonight to replace coaches or pres???

Could be seen that way I guess, just calling the way it is.
The club has lost a lot of good people for a lot of different reasons and it is sad to lose some of them but thats footy i guess.
The Grey haired blokes would be Gary Kallinikos last years reserves coach and the other may be Norm.Gary is now coach of lowers ressies and Norm is retired after a few years of great hard work around the club.
Great to hear Tennant, cogs and brownie are doing well in 1st div all great blokes who cannott be blamed for having a crack at divvie one while they are young and still can.
Know nothing about a meeting last night sorry cant add to that. heard there may be one tonight to discuss the year to date.

Went and saw a one sided affair today and got to say that either Fitzroy made Lower look really good or Lower made Fitzroy look really bad.

Fitzroy don't seem to have any sort of game plan. Players coming off the ground for no reason other to say 'I'm not injured, just need a break" and others coming off when interchange not ready to come on - it all looked a very unorganised from my point of view.

Fitzroy sprinted out of the blocks piling on 3 unanswered goals. Lots of chest thumping at that point. Then it all went pear shaped and Lower slammed on 9 unanswered goals. Andy Knee was fantastic as was Gill
and Bardon (No. 30)

If Lower can keep up that intensity, then they will certainly push for finals
in D2 - FORGET D3 , Lower are genuine D2 threat if they can repeat that performance every week.

As for Fitzroy, same old names played well. If they didn't have Brown or Procter in their side, then they would be very very ordinary.
Lots of blame of the loss towards the umpires. Seems to be the consistent theme when Fitzroy lose......

i caught that game as well,i agree fitzroy were disapointing but i think they have a few more players than u suggested,Randall Rioli was very impressive and without him the result would have been a lot worse.
fitness seems to be a major problem 4 the stars

i caught that game as well,i agree fitzroy were disapointing but i think they have a few more players than u suggested,Randall Rioli was very impressive and without him the result would have been a lot worse.
fitness seems to be a major problem 4 the stars

The same could be said about lower where would they be without billy barden and andy knee. I think the stars are lacking the tall timber. would have been alot better game if it were played on a bigger ground.

The same could be said about lower where would they be without billy barden and andy knee. I think the stars are lacking the tall timber. would have been alot better game if it were played on a bigger ground.

doubt it stars struggled all day, we had them covered all over the ground, they definately lack the tall timber though

How the **** isn't Mernda V Diamo this weeks match of the round? With the massive history between these two clubs and first Vs third how can they give MOTR to Panton Hill V H/West?

Operators of this league couldn't organise a two-ticket chook raffle.

Wonder if JC and his crew know how to get out of Heidelberg?

How the **** isn't Mernda V Diamo this weeks match of the round? With the massive history between these two clubs and first Vs third how can they give MOTR to Panton Hill V H/West?

That's a blinkered view Moosey. If they always broadcast the "best game"
of the round, then D2 wouldn't get a look in, let alone forthcoming D3.

Nonetheless, this game will probably be more of a contest as opposed
to your beloved Mernda, who will probably get smashed to bits by a big big margin this week.

west v pant hill is not even close to match of the round but i am happy that they will be on the radio, every team pay the same fees so its about time the lower sides got a bit of exposure for there buck, not sure how many players the boys calling the footy with know though:thumbsu:

That's a blinkered view Moosey. If they always broadcast the "best game"
of the round, then D2 wouldn't get a look in, let alone forthcoming D3.

Nonetheless, this game will probably be more of a contest as opposed
to your beloved Mernda, who will probably get smashed to bits by a big big margin this week.

What do you mean div2 wouldn't get a look in? By your reckoning all the best games your seen/been/played at have been AFL games because the standard is the highest? The best game should be on every week, thats why its the GAME of the WEEK. Whether its been 2 sides fighting for divvy2 survival, top 4 or top 2 spots regardless of skill level.

Its going to be a great advertisement for the league when the hopeless panton hill smash the useless h/west by 20 goals. Im sure all the people that hear the adverts on the radio for the "Match Of The Round" and head down for a look will think highly of the NFL...

Diamo are yet to prove themselves against anyone really good and we all know what happened when mernda played macleod so I guess we will just wait and see!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

west v pant hill is not even close to match of the round but i am happy that they will be on the radio, every team pay the same fees so its about time the lower sides got a bit of exposure for there buck, not sure how many players the boys calling the footy with know though:thumbsu:

Why don't the organisers of the chook raffle have it organised so each team gets a chance. I guess that would actually involved some kind of organisation and planning...Instead we have some clubs 3-4 times on the radio and others barely a mention. Same goes the weekly writeups in the record, same teams every other week!

What do you mean div2 wouldn't get a look in? By your reckoning all the best games your seen/been/played at have been AFL games because the standard is the highest? The best game should be on every week, thats why its the GAME of the WEEK. Whether its been 2 sides fighting for divvy2 survival, top 4 or top 2 spots regardless of skill level.

Its going to be a great advertisement for the league when the hopeless panton hill smash the useless h/west by 20 goals. Im sure all the people that hear the adverts on the radio for the "Match Of The Round" and head down for a look will think highly of the NFL...

Diamo are yet to prove themselves against anyone really good and we all know what happened when mernda played macleod so I guess we will just wait and see!

Match of the round, West Heidelberg vs Panton Hill. What a joke. What is the NFL administration and the radio callers on? Haven't they taken their medication this week? Yes, good that a Div.2 match has been selected, but why not one of the other two matches? No wonder the is an increasing disenchantment with the media and radio programs.

Why don't the organisers of the chook raffle have it organised so each team gets a chance. I guess that would actually involved some kind of organisation and planning...Instead we have some clubs 3-4 times on the radio and others barely a mention. Same goes the weekly writeups in the record, same teams every other week!

Well, even if the NFL administration and the radio guys don't rate the two non-radio matches this week, at least the public will.
1. After a good start to the season Watsonia have hit the speed bumps hard and will be staring at a Div.3 existence (if there ever is one) after Macleod has run all over them. Even without Lynch Macleod should win by around 10 goals.
2. What is the true match of the round, the premiership favorites in Diamond Creek should be able to see off one of their potential challengers in Mernda. The big ground and tall timber up forward should be to the home teams advantage and see them win by about 3-5 goals.
3. In the who-cares fake match of the round, the visitors in Panton Hill should get one of their final wins in the league with a solid 6-8 goal win over West Heidelberg.

You don't seem to "get it" Moosey......
It's not about broadcasting the best game of the week, it's about getting exposure to some teams that usually don't receive it and I think West Heidelberg deserve some recognition.

It's a slap in the face to those people involved at HW & PH as you
want your game broadcast because the teams involved are more talented.

It will probably we the last time these 2 teams get any radio exposure as I can't see Plenty Valley FM covering any live D3 games ever.

Get over it.

Diamond Creek by 10 goals if it rains, upto 15 goals if it stays dry, severely denting your percentage, lete alone your ego's.

Cant see anywhere that Heidelberg West v. Panto is called "Match of the Day" or "Game of the Day" except by people on here. All that the NFL site says is its the Round 8B broadcast game.
Good luck to them, I hope heaps of people go down to Heidelberg Park & put a few $$$s through the door of HW.

What does that mean? Are you saying that Mernda are going to go out and try and belt the .... out of the DC players?:D

What does that mean? Are you saying that Mernda are going to go out and try and belt the .... out of the DC players?:D

Yes thats the exact interpretation I was trying to get across...

I mean that Mernda were well and truly beaten against Macleod. It could happen again, it might not. All i'm saying is that this game will show the rest of the comp whether Diamo are the real deal or not.

In regards to the broadcast, just because Mernda (im sure other clubs are in the same boat) are performing better then the lower clubs that they should get no media attention?

Macleod by 6 goals
Mernda by 2 goals
Panton Hill by 15 goals
Macleod by 8 goals. Jack L to star against his old mates.
DC by 10 goals (by 20 goals if Mernda play like they did against Macleod)
Panton Hill by 2 goals in a tight game.
Great weather for footy, thank god knowbody has to drive up to kinglake anymore to play in the snow....

What a joke to see morang last week to hear the pres early in the year to say they have replaced what has left, losing big Ronnie and GaryK has hurt that club bad also losing the u19s has hurt the club ,the coach from the thirds did get alot of young kids to the club,have alot of them left and why have they left the ad in the record for coaching was to have said best young group in the nfl. I have watched Morang the last few years and was very impressed they way they were heading ,but to see were they are now is so disappointing . To the big fella coaching the 2s more blokes like you the club would be on the right track.

What a joke to see morang last week to hear the pres early in the year to say they have replaced what has left, losing big Ronnie and GaryK has hurt that club bad also losing the u19s has hurt the club ,the coach from the thirds did get alot of young kids to the club,have alot of them left and why have they left the ad in the record for coaching was to have said best young group in the nfl. I have watched Morang the last few years and was very impressed they way they were heading ,but to see were they are now is so disappointing . To the big fella coaching the 2s more blokes like you the club would be on the right track.

Mate losing Big Ronnie was not the problem his time was well and truly up unfortuantely he stayed too long which was part of the reason players left. Unfortunately the Pres and Ronnie himself could not see that. You are so right about how good they were some time back and on the right track moving forward just needed a bit of massaging to keep it right unfortuantley again some poor management has cost them. A big up hill battle now.

Mate losing Big Ronnie was not the problem his time was well and truly up unfortuantely he stayed too long which was part of the reason players left. Unfortunately the Pres and Ronnie himself could not see that. You are so right about how good they were some time back and on the right track moving forward just needed a bit of massaging to keep it right unfortuantley again some poor management has cost them. A big up hill battle now.

some clubs just have a tragis history and unfortunately morang is one of them, when quality people walk through the door it doesnt take them long to work out the people there arnt much chop hence they move on to bigger and better clubs.

a new ground should have been a whole new beginning but no the joint seems to be as tragic as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back