Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only area that is disappointing with the quality players being debated upon(Moore / Corr / Lynch,I'm sure theres others)is that they are standards above the Div 2 competition...Everyone has their reasons(home club,area,mates,money)and everyone makes there own choices...I would much rather see these blokes,still at young ages,play at a higher level.Only reason I say that is,the 3 above mentioned players on my experience watching them (at North + Coburg)would all be starting 18 players even at Heidelberg.I believe players who are head and shoulders above the standard,allow themselves to sneak around corners, cheat a little(more so with preparation,training) players of there ilk may deny this,but subconsciously I believe it happens,just like training intensity and attitude can be poor leading up to playing bottom teams...Rather see these kids really test themselves against quality and then sneak back to Div 2 when starting to plod at the higher level...Just like to see kids with that much talent,extract all they can out of themselves...In the same breath as long as your running around and enjoying your footy and your club,good luck to ya...

smelly comment. whos spot would they take? you obviously havent seen heidelberg play. just remember that for half the year these blokes play against some terrible opposition - morang, west, etc

For what it's worth, and I'm only making comment on Cathal Corr as I haven't seen Daniel Moore play yet, his game against Diamond Creek was the most exciting thing I've seen in D2 football. Ask anyone from Diamond Creek and they will tell you that he ripped the game apart with his strong tackling, pack busting, 1 grab contested marks, 8 goals as a ruck rover
resting half forward.

As for improvement, I think Moore & Andy Knee have hit their pinacle
whereas Corr has heaps more up his sleave

For what it's worth, and I'm only making comment on Cathal Corr as I haven't seen Daniel Moore play yet, his game against Diamond Creek was the most exciting thing I've seen in D2 football. Ask anyone from Diamond Creek and they will tell you that he ripped the game apart with his strong tackling, pack busting, 1 grab contested marks, 8 goals as a ruck rover
resting half forward.

As for improvement, I think Moore & Andy Knee have hit their pinacle
whereas Corr has heaps more up his sleave

Belly, I think you may find that Daniel is not that old, 24??

i think dicky moore will win the bnf clear standout. One of the best contested marks in div1 or 2 and toughets is mungara brown.

Get off the Corr/Moore show for a bit.

Who else is in the mix.

I will throw in a few.

Perrymann from DC

Proctor from Stars

And three renowned vote getters

Mungara Brown Andy Bennett and Robbie Wise

Check this out.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...task=DETAIL&articleID=9405441&sectionID=59191

Looks like a good move from Watsonia, nobody needs these blokes around tainting their club.
oh yeah well done watsonia advertising that, yours are a real unprofessional club that will only go backwards. Poor matt gets no chance to defend himself here, ok kick him out dont serve him our whatever but how dare put a photo up and write that when he clearly cant defend. I have no doubt no other club would have advertised anything like that.
WATSONIA FC YOURS ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!

smelly comment. whos spot would they take? you obviously havent seen heidelberg play. just remember that for half the year these blokes play against some terrible opposition - morang, west, etc
Have seen Heidelberg 3 times this year Toaster and probably 12 - 15 times in past 5 years...And you guys don't play any terrible opposition???Now I know your going to blow up with my suggestions and I'm first to admit I was only a plodder,so don't think I'm being disrespectful to mentioned players,the premiership score is on the board and it's not my aim...Moore / Corr and Lynch could all fit into Heidelberg side at the expense of...J.Shiels + J.Andrew(fringe,in and out of side)... N.Miller, Drapac,A.Murray,L.Hobbs + M.Brunelli(yes,all young and kids with potential,but thats not the debate)...M.Seiter(smartened up this year,but past 2 seasons lots of reserves footy)...Lastly and I know you'll do a gasket over last three,N.Lowther,C.Hall + M.Laing(with these three I'm talking now,today,there all at the back end of their careers(everyone gets older and loses a yard)and am not trying to slur their decorated careers, it's only for this specific debate)...I'm sure you'll give me a Toasting...

Top 10 in div 2.

1. dicki moore (epping)
2. corr (macleod)
3. knee (lower plenty)
4. lynch (macleod)
5. Andy Bennett (macleod)
6. mungara brown (stars)
7. proctor (stars)
8. perrymann (diamo)
9. ewert (macleod)
10. heenan (whittlesea)

just from what i have seen this year.

Check this out.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...task=DETAIL&articleID=9405441&sectionID=59191

Looks like a good move from Watsonia, nobody needs these blokes around tainting their club.

That is just so unproffesional Watsonia Hanging their DIRTY WASHING out like that. So one of you members stuffed up badly, then chastise him appropriately, barr him from the club until he approaches the committee etc BUT don't past the one sided story all over the net as a running commentary. Meanwhile while your at it you just might want to post how many RAT BAGS you have barred from the club so far this year.
If there has been none then Gitsos is just being made a scape goat.

Have seen Heidelberg 3 times this year Toaster and probably 12 - 15 times in past 5 years...And you guys don't play any terrible opposition???Now I know your going to blow up with my suggestions and I'm first to admit I was only a plodder,so don't think I'm being disrespectful to mentioned players,the premiership score is on the board and it's not my aim...Moore / Corr and Lynch could all fit into Heidelberg side at the expense of...J.Shiels + J.Andrew(fringe,in and out of side)... N.Miller, Drapac,A.Murray,L.Hobbs + M.Brunelli(yes,all young and kids with potential,but thats not the debate)...M.Seiter(smartened up this year,but past 2 seasons lots of reserves footy)...Lastly and I know you'll do a gasket over last three,N.Lowther,C.Hall + M.Laing(with these three I'm talking now,today,there all at the back end of their careers(everyone gets older and loses a yard)and am not trying to slur their decorated careers, it's only for this specific debate)...I'm sure you'll give me a Toasting...

That's quite a summation Whale. You're not the bloke that wrote those pen pics back in 06 by any chance are you?

That's quite a summation Whale. You're not the bloke that wrote those pen pics back in 06 by any chance are you?
If I was intending to upset people or hide,do you think I would use my nickname,not to hard to workout.It's not my aim...It's only my opinion and if you read properly,it's not intended to be offensive to the Heidelberg boys(would be pretty dum on my behalf if I was throwing stones at a team we lost three grand finals to you),it was debating the three Div 2 kids...I don't write on here to try to be someone I'm not,so don't take it in that manner...

Top 10 in div 2.

1. dicki moore (epping)
2. corr (macleod)
3. knee (lower plenty)
4. lynch (macleod)
5. Andy Bennett (macleod)
6. mungara brown (stars)
7. proctor (stars)
8. perrymann (diamo)
9. ewert (macleod)
10. heenan (whittlesea)

just from what i have seen this year.

Sorry guys left out one obvious. K Shaw?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh yeah well done watsonia advertising that, yours are a real unprofessional club that will only go backwards. Poor matt gets no chance to defend himself here, ok kick him out dont serve him our whatever but how dare put a photo up and write that when he clearly cant defend. I have no doubt no other club would have advertised anything like that.
WATSONIA FC YOURS ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!

Thats one of the stupidest things i have ever seen on the internet...

can not beleive that the footy club would allow that...

Thats one of the stupidest things i have ever seen on the internet...

can not beleive that the footy club would allow that...
Cannot see why that would be posted there.. it wont resolve anything. If anything, it would just add fuel to the fire.:thumbsdown:

Sorry guys left out one obvious. K Shaw?????

Gee clutch, cannot believe you did not mention one of your favourite sons in Robbie Wise. He was BOG against Macleod, and of course we all know what ability he has. Should still be playing divvy one but just a geniune loyal clubman, find it hard to imagine this bloke playing divvy 3. Hope that Parkside reward him for his loyalty in the long term.

Here is what I would do...

Have the team that finishes 1st play 3rd 7th 5th 2nd 8th
Have the team that finishes 2nd play 4th 6th 8th 1st 7th
Have the team that finishes 3rd play 1st 5th 7th 4th 6th
Have the team that finishes 4th play 2nd 8th 6th 3rd 5th
Have the team that finishes 5th play 7th 3rd 1st 6th 4th
Have the team that finishes 6th play 8th 2nd 4th 5th 3rd
Have the team that finishes 7th play 5th 1st 3rd 8th 2nd
Have the team that finishes 8th play 6th 4th 2nd 7th 1st

Match the home and aways as best as possible and viola!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The fourth spot is going to be really up for grabs, therefore no team should have to play Macleod or Diamo twice. In your scenario teams finishing 7th and 8th would have automatically lost 2 games because they will not beat the top two yet they may still be a chance to grab that spot. I can see what you are trying to do in rewarding the top two sides, but please remeber this is still a home and away draw. Now we are getting close to the mark lets see who can come up with the best solution. By the way hopefully the league will decide to work on the sunday and sort this out so from the monday all clubs can start putting their plans into action.

The fourth spot is going to be really up for grabs, therefore no team should have to play Macleod or Diamo twice. In your scenario teams finishing 7th and 8th would have automatically lost 2 games because they will not beat the top two yet they may still be a chance to grab that spot. I can see what you are trying to do in rewarding the top two sides, but please remeber this is still a home and away draw. Now we are getting close to the mark lets see who can come up with the best solution. By the way hopefully the league will decide to work on the sunday and sort this out so from the monday all clubs can start putting their plans into action.

If you read the NFL website there is a press release stating that if they don't attract another senior club to the comp there will be no 3rd division. Surely they weren't counting on u/19 clubs like St Marys & Keon Park to compete in Div 3 next year. I can't beleive they have gone to the trouble of disrupting the whole competition without the backing of another club or Football Victoria that they can attract the sufficient number of clubs to sustain a 3rd division.

We have had Wallan & Kinglake move to other comps and Heidelberg try too, Rezza go in to recess,Fawkner Park fall over, West Heidelberg & Watsonia have come close to shutting the doors. A Division 3 may have worked 3 years ago but i fear we may have missed the boat.

If you read the NFL website there is a press release stating that if they don't attract another senior club to the comp there will be no 3rd division. Surely they weren't counting on u/19 clubs like St Marys & Keon Park to compete in Div 3 next year. I can't beleive they have gone to the trouble of disrupting the whole competition without the backing of another club or Football Victoria that they can attract the sufficient number of clubs to sustain a 3rd division.

We have had Wallan & Kinglake move to other comps and Heidelberg try too, Rezza go in to recess,Fawkner Park fall over, West Heidelberg & Watsonia have come close to shutting the doors. A Division 3 may have worked 3 years ago but i fear we may have missed the boat.

It is a messy situation at present with no one really knowing what is going to happen. It is a shame we dont have enough teams to form a division 3 as it can only be a good thing. Without wanting to have a go at the bottom teams in division 3, the gap seems to grow bigger every season between the top and bottom teams. It must be very difficult to motivate yourself to train and play when it is almost inevitable that you are going to get beaten. This cant be good for club morale, attracting supporters, sponsors, etc. With a division 3 it will obviously reduce this massive gulf between teams and be more beneficial all round. And if clubs dont like it, well then there is a solution. Develop your club so that it is good enough to win division 2 and earn promotion.

The Eastern League is probably the most professionally run metropolitan league in Melbourne and it functions well with 4 divisions. So if there are enough teams available, it seems like the right way to go.

I don't understand your logic behind this. Why should no team have to play Macleod or Diamond Creek twice ?

Do you mean no team should have to play both Diamond Creek & Macleod
in the last 5 rounds ? I'm pretty sure that's what you mean.

Surely that's why we must have a third division. To avoid these fall overs.

1 Sponsors are more likely to come on board with a winning side
2 More of your supporters will go if they think they have a chance of winning
The bottom 6 is exactly the same as it was at the end of 2008
3rd division should have come in at the start of this season
Can you imagine a competitive side having the troubles that some of the lower sides are experiencing now after getting flogged week after week.
A third division will decrease these floggings and make some of the lower clubs a happier place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back