Status
Not open for further replies.
Mernda to play;

Watsy
Lower
Diamo
Wsea
Epping

As long as we get lower and diamo at home I'm happy.

Morang needs a full cleanout from head to toe.Forever and a day Morang has sruggled onfield all but for a couple of seasons under Ronny.Offield they will always struggle due to the knowledge lacking committees they have had over the years.With all due respect ex players and commitee wouldnt have been involved in too much success. Always strong rumours that too many hands were in the till.If its a rumour then its probably true.They have a rolls royce down at Morang with massive influx of kids and new homes but you get the feeling that the junior and senior club are split?What I will say though is that they have squillions of kids and junior coaches.Only problem is that the Junior President is as useless a a cu##ful of piss and will probably f### something up.New people and new culture is needed at Morang! Maybe a subtle name change would spruce the joint up?

Buddy, you are correct with your above comments that the club has struggled. You seem to know a lot about the club, so rather than sit behind your computer, why dont you get down to the club & help out. As this has been the club's biggest problem in having people like you continue to bag the club rather than help out. If you think that the Junior President is no good, put your hand up to take over the role, otherwise shut up!

home vs away not represented in this draw

ROUND 14
Whittlesea vs Macleod
Watsonia vs Mernda
Lower Plenty vs Fitzroy Stars
Diamond Creek vs Epping

ROUND 15
Whittlesea vs Watsonia
Lower Plenty vs Mernda
Diamond Creek vs Fitzroy Stars
Macleod vs Epping

ROUND 16
Whittlesea vs Mernda
Watsonia vs Epping
Lower Plenty vs Diamond Creek
Macleod vs Fitzroy Stars

ROUND 17
Whittlesea vs Lower Plenty
Watsonia vs Macleod
Fitzroy Stars vs Epping
Diamond Creek vs Mernda

ROUND 18
Whittlesea vs Fitzroy Stars
Macleod vs Lower Plenty
Epping vs Mernda
Diamond Creek vs Watsonia

ROUND 14
Whittlesea vs Macleod
Watsonia vs Mernda
Diamond Creek vs Epping

ROUND 15
Whittlesea vs Watsonia
Lower Plenty vs Mernda
Macleod vs Epping

ROUND 16
Whittlesea vs Mernda
Watsonia vs Epping
Macleod vs Fitzroy Stars

ROUND 17
Watsonia vs Macleod
Fitzroy Stars vs Epping
Diamond Creek vs Mernda

ROUND 18
Macleod vs Lower Plenty
Epping vs Mernda

bears will play 1st 2 away (stars and mernda) then the last 3 at home (macleod, diamo, whitlesea)

my guess anyway.
spewin we dont get watsy at home
go bears

bears will play 1st 2 away (stars and mernda) then the last 3 at home (macleod, diamo, whitlesea)

my guess anyway.
spewin we dont get watsy at home
go bears

Yea but you'll kick their arse like everyone else. They be the whipping team of divvy 2 suck shit watsonia

Buddy, you are correct with your above comments that the club has struggled. You seem to know a lot about the club, so rather than sit behind your computer, why dont you get down to the club & help out. As this has been the club's biggest problem in having people like you continue to bag the club rather than help out. If you think that the Junior President is no good, put your hand up to take over the role, otherwise shut up!

I'm not involved in the club.Never have been. It is an appealing club though. May be able to help in the future but just a tad busy for the moment. I do agree with previous posts that Jimmy has been a revelation at Morang but maybe sometimes its seems to be his way or no way. Sometimes you have to sit back and listen to other peoples' thoughts no matter how ridiculous they may be. There are some heads walking around there that may be worth talking to in the future. A Thommo player when he finishes may be a thought and maybe an ex Morang-Lalor player may be able to help the seniors a bit as well.

My analysis from the revised draw :

Macleod play the bottom 5 sides
Lower play 5 of the top 6 teams

Teams that play both Macleod & Diamond Creek are Watsonia, Epping, Lower Plenty, Fitzroy Stars so the battle for 3rd & 4th spot is going down to the wire with Epping v Mernda & Fitzroy v Whittlesea in the final round to determine who makes it. I don't think Lower Plenty will make it with their draw having to make up 8 points in 5 games and rely on
other teams dropping games

Whittlesea could be the smokeys

ROUND 14
Whittlesea vs Macleod
Watsonia vs Mernda
Diamond Creek vs Epping

ROUND 15
Whittlesea vs Watsonia
Lower Plenty vs Mernda
Macleod vs Epping

ROUND 16
Whittlesea vs Mernda
Watsonia vs Epping
Macleod vs Fitzroy Stars

ROUND 17
Watsonia vs Macleod
Fitzroy Stars vs Epping
Diamond Creek vs Mernda

ROUND 18
Macleod vs Lower Plenty
Epping vs Mernda

ROUND 14
Macleod V Whittlesea
Watsonia V Mernda
Lower Plenty V Fitzroy Stars
Epping V Diamond Creek

ROUND 15
Whittlesea V Watsonia
Mernda V Lower Plenty
Fitzroy Stars V Diamond Creek
Macleod V Epping

ROUND 16
Whittlesea V Mernda
Watsonia V Epping
Diamond Creek V Lower Plenty
Macleod V Fitzroy Stars

ROUND 17
Lower Plenty V Whittlesea
Watsonia V Macleod
Epping V Fitzroy Stars
Mernda V Diamond Creek

ROUND 18
Diamond Creek V Watsonia
Lower Plenty V Macleod
Epping V Mernda
Fitzroy Stars V Whittlesea

Without being bias or prejudice this is what i came up with looking over the rounds and also coming up with giving each team 9 homes and 9 away, the only problem i had was to give Epping that extra home game some one had to give by the draw, Whittlesea had 8 home games, as lower and whittlesea don't play epping, any way what are other options :):thumbsu:

My analysis from the revised draw :

Macleod play the bottom 5 sides
Lower play 5 of the top 6 teams

Teams that play both Macleod & Diamond Creek are Watsonia, Epping, Lower Plenty, Fitzroy Stars so the battle for 3rd & 4th spot is going down to the wire with Epping v Mernda & Fitzroy v Whittlesea in the final round to determine who makes it. I don't think Lower Plenty will make it with their draw having to make up 8 points in 5 games and rely on
other teams dropping games

Whittlesea could be the smokeys

One thing in Lowers favour is there percentage is above Fitzroy & mernda. they'd need to win all 5 i would think.
The good thing about the last 5 games is the teams that take 3rd & 4th will be in good form as they will have to beat some quality teams to make it. I just hope for Epping's sake the missed chance of % against Morang does not come back to haunt them. They are currently 4% behind whittlesea albeit 4 pts ahead.
After the round 7 "forfiet" i think Epping got credited with about an 80 pt win. i watched Whittlesea beat Morang the following week by 220 pts, every chance epping would have done something similar the week before if given the chance.

Is that because you've got such a good record against us recently:confused:

i just think we've improved alot since playing you guys earlier in the year, and have a game style that suits our oval. dont think anyone would say no to swapping a game V Diamo or Macleod for Watsy?

Either way the bears will have a crack and be hoping for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the div 3 happens The fixture will be a balls-up each year. assume there is 18 rounds?

8 teams in d2 would see each club play 4 teams 3 times and the other 3 teams twice.

Lower played diamo at home first time around! If teams play games opposite to the last time they played, Lower will have three away games in the last five .....thats 8 home 10 away.....are there others in the same boat?

would have to agree about the ground there underbelly. but would be good if they try to fix most of the grounds up. heard lynchy has a broken thumb ne truth underbelly, what about ewert is he just resting?

Must agree went passed De Winton and it looks fantastic. Ewart and Lynch both injured would certainly stretch the Macleod forward line. Maybe the wobbles are starting.

Must agree went passed De Winton and it looks fantastic. Ewart and Lynch both injured would certainly stretch the Macleod forward line. Maybe the wobbles are starting.

Sounds like you are doing a little bit of "Kangaroo Jumpin" there clutch.

No Lynch no Ewart does that mean a move for Lundberg back to the forward line?

Lower played diamo at home first time around! If teams play games opposite to the last time they played, Lower will have three away games in the last five .....thats 8 home 10 away.....are there others in the same boat?

yeah i messed that up, we are playing macleod and diamo away i think.

if the div 3 happens The fixture will be a balls-up each year. assume there is 18 rounds?

8 teams in d2 would see each club play 4 teams 3 times and the other 3 teams twice.

From the Presidents meeting last night, St Mary`s have been asked to try there hardest to get a senior side ready for next season. Look like having numbers for two thirds sides next year, plus a commitment of other players to play seniors. Wallan are a real chance as well. Cut off for a decision is on 3rd div is Sep 30th.

From the Presidents meeting last night, St Mary`s have been asked to try there hardest to get a senior side ready for next season. Look like having numbers for two thirds sides next year, plus a commitment of other players to play seniors. Wallan are a real chance as well. Cut off for a decision is on 3rd div is Sep 30th.

Yeah Brutal, I thought it pretty dumb of the NFL for putting a date in September to reply. Clubs are just getting into swing with their AGM’s & need time to vote on such matters.

When you say Senior side, does that mean they won't have a reserves? i think it would be pretty difficult to find 50+ SENIOR PLAYERS as well as have there juniors make there way from u17 to u/19.

As for Wallan, that seems more realistic, i think they left cos they were sick and tired of not being competitive. Div 3 would give them this chance.

When you say Senior side, does that mean they won't have a reserves? i think it would be pretty difficult to find 50+ SENIOR PLAYERS as well as have there juniors make there way from u17 to u/19.

As for Wallan, that seems more realistic, i think they left cos they were sick and tired of not being competitive. Div 3 would give them this chance.

latemail, Haven’t St Mary’s be a feeder club to other clubs in the area, my point is that other clubs in the area will not get those 50 + players & will suffer, so what is that going to achieve in the long run when another club drops out.

Aren’t there a couple of clubs straggling now with numbers??

latemail, Haven’t St Mary’s be a feeder club to other clubs in the area, my point is that other clubs in the area will not get those 50 + players & will suffer, so what is that going to achieve in the long run when another club drops out.

Aren’t there a couple of clubs straggling now with numbers??

Your 100% correct. I can't see how having 3 senior footy clubs, Watsonia, St Marys & Greensborough within 1 km is feasible, throw in Bundoora, Mont, Lower Plenty and you have 6 clubs within 3km all competing for players,sponsorship & supporters.

I've only been involved at Watsonia a couple of seasons but it's extremely difficult competing for the above with Div 1 clubs either side of your location. It must be even more difficult for Lower Plenty having a Div 1 club on there doorstep!

Throw in St Marys, who from all reports are extremely well ran and are reputed to be the biggest junior club in Australia and life will be challenging.

Interesting times ahead, let's hope theres enough room for everyone cos i'm sure no one wants to see footy clubs, any sporting clubs for that matter, close the doors for good.

Your 100% correct. I can't see how having 3 senior footy clubs, Watsonia, St Marys & Greensborough within 1 km is feasible, throw in Bundoora, Mont, Lower Plenty and you have 6 clubs within 3km all competing for players,sponsorship & supporters.

I've only been involved at Watsonia a couple of seasons but it's extremely difficult competing for the above with Div 1 clubs either side of your location. It must be even more difficult for Lower Plenty having a Div 1 club on there doorstep!

Throw in St Marys, who from all reports are extremely well ran and are reputed to be the biggest junior club in Australia and life will be challenging.

Interesting times ahead, let's hope theres enough room for everyone cos i'm sure no one wants to see footy clubs, any sporting clubs for that matter, close the doors for good.

Its a pity you have not done a bit of homework on your new found club. They were advised a number of years back to follow Macleods Model. Build a Junior relationship with St Mary's, change your jumper if necessary change your club name if necessary but whatever it takes bent over backwards as Macleod did to get the Juniors coming through. There are a couple of BIG HEADS at your club who have been their a while that just can't see past their nose, pity. These are the same people that five years ago refused to go to divvy three when floated by the league.

Pity because the world could have been their OYSTER all round for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back