Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Presidents meeting last night, St Mary`s have been asked to try there hardest to get a senior side ready for next season. Look like having numbers for two thirds sides next year, plus a commitment of other players to play seniors. Wallan are a real chance as well. Cut off for a decision is on 3rd div is Sep 30th.

either way Brutas, the 8 team divisions will create an unbalanced draw

When you say Senior side, does that mean they won't have a reserves? i think it would be pretty difficult to find 50+ SENIOR PLAYERS as well as have there juniors make there way from u17 to u/19.

As for Wallan, that seems more realistic, i think they left cos they were sick and tired of not being competitive. Div 3 would give them this chance.

Again you need to do some homework on the DVFL/NFL Latemail. Yes Wallan did not like getting belted each week, but this club along with Watsonia balatantly refused to go to DIVVY 3 when floated by the league some 5 years ago, now they want to come back. One just wonders why the league let them hold a knife to their throat in the first place, at least in this case this won't happen now which is a good thing the NFL have enforced.

What's the solution then if the league can't attract other clubs?? We go back to the rubbish of the last two years. Last year Clubs were told they would be in Divvy 3 if they didn't make the cut. The league backed down. This year, clubs were told if they dont make the 8, they would be in divvy 3. The league have now put a statement that "if a new senior team does not join the Northern Football League to play in Division 3 for the 2010 season, Division 3 will not proceed as a stand alone division that year". The people running the NFL have to get some balls, and stick with their decisions. Stop doing backflips, everytime a club has a sook.

IMO if the League wants to create 3 divisions, they should put up with the a few clubs whinging and create 3 divisions of 8. With the number of clubs the league has ATM (24), there is going to have to be an unbalanced draw somewhere.

What's the solution then if the league can't attract other clubs?? We go back to the rubbish of the last two years. Last year Clubs were told they would be in Divvy 3 if they didn't make the cut. The league backed down. This year, clubs were told if they dont make the 8, they would be in divvy 3. The league have now put a statement that "if a new senior team does not join the Northern Football League to play in Division 3 for the 2010 season, Division 3 will not proceed as a stand alone division that year". The people running the NFL have to get some balls, and stick with their decisions. Stop doing backflips, everytime a club has a sook.

IMO if the League wants to create 3 divisions, they should put up with the a few clubs whinging and create 3 divisions of 8. With the number of clubs the league has ATM (24), there is going to have to be an unbalanced draw somewhere.

I totally agree with you they have made their statement initially so stick with it, this back flipping crap just makes all in sundry look stupid. If in two or three years down the track it goes pear shaped, well then readdress the situ then but at least give it a go. I think years ago when floydee and his crew wanted to do it they shold have gone for it and not let clubs like Watsonia (who were really crap then and now heading back that way)and Wallan do the dictating.

The league have now put a statement that "if a new senior team does not join the Northern Football League to play in Division 3 for the 2010 season, Division 3 will not proceed as a stand alone division that year". The people running the NFL have to get some balls, and stick with their decisions. Stop doing backflips, everytime a club has a sook.
The leagues postion hasn't changed, div 3 was always conditional on getting another team. But I do agree if they have 14 teams next year Div 3 should go ahead.

The leagues postion hasn't changed, div 3 was always conditional on getting another team. But I do agree if they have 14 teams next year Div 3 should go ahead.

If the NFL position was always conditional on getting another team, then why are we bothering with splitting divvy 2 after round 13??? Just leave it like last year and make the decision to split after the season finishes. Why would you bother running a divvy 3 finals, apart from the revenue that the NFL will get. I don't think it will mean too much to anyone who plays in the finals if they have played divvy 2 all year and are staying in divvy 3 again if it eventuates. The NFL are going to look even more stupid when they decide there is no divvy 3 next year.

Its a pity you have not done a bit of homework on your new found club. They were advised a number of years back to follow Macleods Model. Build a Junior relationship with St Mary's, change your jumper if necessary change your club name if necessary but whatever it takes bent over backwards as Macleod did to get the Juniors coming through. There are a couple of BIG HEADS at your club who have been their a while that just can't see past their nose, pity. These are the same people that five years ago refused to go to divvy three when floated by the league.

Pity because the world could have been their OYSTER all round for this club.

Advised by who, the same administration who were thrown out in disgrace, maybe you could cut them a little slack for not following there advice. Your right about Macleod, since they dropped "Rosanna" the club looks to be going ahead in leaps and bounds, obviously thanks to a hard working commitee. Your right, it's a model that should be adopted.
Do you know that Watsonia didn't try to forge links with St Marys? Maybe they did and were told thanks/but no thanks. I'm not sure.

You seem to have a fair bit of knowledge of the situation, and make some very good points, just a pity you need to constantly have a dig at Watsonia every time you reply to someone.

I take it by your posts that you have been involved at commitee level, if this is the case, no need to have cheap shots at blokes who have put in years of service for little or no thanks. You must know how hard it is.
I assure you they want there club to succeed just as much as you want macleod too.
If you haven't, not sure how you can comment on something you know very little about.

My point being is that i've been involved in 3 clubs, Bundoora, Hurstbridge & Watsonia. The common denominator is that all clubs have the same purpose, to try and provide the best they can for there members, players & supporters. If you put the same amount of positive energy into macleod as you do with the negative comments about watsonia i'm sure your club will continue to prosper.

Good luck for the season, i think you've earnt the right for a crack at Div 1 which will be just reward for blokes such as Dereck Shaw, Ray Lunberg and a few others who's names i dont know who have been tireless servants of your club.

If the NFL position was always conditional on getting another team, then why are we bothering with splitting divvy 2 after round 13??? Just leave it like last year and make the decision to split after the season finishes. Why would you bother running a divvy 3 finals, apart from the revenue that the NFL will get. I don't think it will mean too much to anyone who plays in the finals if they have played divvy 2 all year and are staying in divvy 3 again if it eventuates. The NFL are going to look even more stupid when they decide there is no divvy 3 next year.

I think you answered your own question, REVENUE. It can be the only explanation.

I was lucky enough to play in a flag at Hurstbridge in 2003. The whole community celebrated like nothing i've ever experienced. Would be very interested to see the reaction if they manage to take out the Div 3 flag.

Advised by who, the same administration who were thrown out in disgrace, maybe you could cut them a little slack for not following there advice. Your right about Macleod, since they dropped "Rosanna" the club looks to be going ahead in leaps and bounds, obviously thanks to a hard working commitee. Your right, it's a model that should be adopted.
Do you know that Watsonia didn't try to forge links with St Marys? Maybe they did and were told thanks/but no thanks. I'm not sure.

You seem to have a fair bit of knowledge of the situation, and make some very good points, just a pity you need to constantly have a dig at Watsonia every time you reply to someone.

I take it by your posts that you have been involved at commitee level, if this is the case, no need to have cheap shots at blokes who have put in years of service for little or no thanks. You must know how hard it is.
I assure you they want there club to succeed just as much as you want macleod too.
If you haven't, not sure how you can comment on something you know very little about.

My point being is that i've been involved in 3 clubs, Bundoora, Hurstbridge & Watsonia. The common denominator is that all clubs have the same purpose, to try and provide the best they can for there members, players & supporters. If you put the same amount of positive energy into macleod as you do with the negative comments about watsonia i'm sure your club will continue to prosper.

Good luck for the season, i think you've earnt the right for a crack at Div 1 which will be just reward for blokes such as Dereck Shaw, Ray Lunberg and a few others who's names i dont know who have been tireless servants of your club.

They havent earnt the right as yet!!! But they are certainly putting themselves in a position again to give themselves every chance. And from what is being said here, they are developing a good club based on a hard working committee, solid junior structure and now a great ground to match (plus some obvious talent in the senior ranks). Im sure if this does happen to be the year they finally earn promotion, that they will make a good fist of it in the next level up. I am also sure that there will be a few other clubs trying their best to make sure that promotion doesnt happen.

They havent earnt the right as yet!!! But they are certainly putting themselves in a position again to give themselves every chance. And from what is being said here, they are developing a good club based on a hard working committee, solid junior structure and now a great ground to match (plus some obvious talent in the senior ranks). Im sure if this does happen to be the year they finally earn promotion, that they will make a good fist of it in the next level up. I am also sure that there will be a few other clubs trying their best to make sure that promotion doesnt happen.

Poor choice of words, i was trying to say they seemed very well equipped to handle the promotion, been good onfiled for a few years, great facillities & plenty of coin, wonder if they'll have another go at Jarrod King next season? With Puffa coach and Nudge doing the 2nds, it's not out of the question if Jake gets his marching orders ( as media reports suggest ) they could try for him as well.

But does div 3 finals actually increace the leagues revenue?
There are two less div 2 finals this year and the div 3 finals are being played at the same time as the div 2 finals.

Good Point, i really don't know.

As stated previously, just not sure that a flag THIS SEASON would mean as much to the club as the respevtive Div 1 & Div 2 teams.

Hopefully someone higher up the food chain can enlighten us the leauges thinking and/or discussion with the clubs regarding same?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slasher25 has WAY too much time up his sleeve today.

I think he is kinda happy that we get to play Watsonia again
on Macleod's patch in the last few rounds.:rolleyes:

Slasher25 has WAY too much time up his sleeve today.

I think he is kinda happy that we get to play Watsonia again
on Macleod's patch in the last few rounds.:rolleyes:

I'm tipping he's not the only Macleod bloke happy about it!!

i just hope footy is the discussion point after the match this time.....

But does div 3 finals actually increace the leagues revenue?
There are two less div 2 finals this year and the div 3 finals are being played at the same time as the div 2 finals.
Not sure what it costs the NFL to put on a final series but if the Divvy 3 finals end up being a one off as it is looking at the moment i am not sure what crowd they will atract... winning the divvy 3 GF wont mean a thing if you lose more games than you win for the year and then next year go back to a 14 team divvy 2. This whole tragic mess could end up costing the NFL some dollars....

I'm tipping he's not the only Macleod bloke happy about it!!

i just hope footy is the discussion point after the match this time.....
yes i too might have to venture to that game, it will be interesting to see if hodgeson comes out like rambo again!! im pretty sure thats all going to come back and bite him in the arse one day......

yes i too might have to venture to that game, it will be interesting to see if hodgeson comes out like rambo again!! im pretty sure thats all going to come back and bite him in the arse one day......
Not that I really give a rats, but has he played seniors again since then? He was dropped, left out, omitted, whatever the following week and it would be good to think that it was due to disciplinary reasons but with Watsonia who would know & as I said, who cares?

late mail - You make some good points. Agree Bid Dekka has worked his arse off. Ray Lundberg is a w***er:D:D:D

From the Presidents meeting last night, St Mary`s have been asked to try there hardest to get a senior side ready for next season. Look like having numbers for two thirds sides next year, plus a commitment of other players to play seniors. Wallan are a real chance as well. Cut off for a decision is on 3rd div is Sep 30th.

Wallan are no chance to go back to the nfl, it has turned out to be the best move for the club to go back to the rdfl as it has turned there position right around off field and made the finals last year. Even though the juniors want to stay in the nfl, wallan is totally committed to the rdfl.

Also just wanting to know with the 3rd and 2nd div finals it will be a top 4 yeah?

what do people want the league to do,they cant win.in my book they are trying to be proactive and improve the chances of all clubs to prosper.having 3 divisions wiil allow many historically non competitive clubs the chance to get there club going.
what the league is doing is putting up options for other clubs to join and improve out great comp.
if it doesnt work im sure there are other alternatives but give them there due

generally agree with your post,however you only earn the right to progress to division by one thing and one thing only.getting things right on the last two hours of the year.macloud are not there yet and current history suggests if they happen to be playing they start to get a little shakey.

they have started favorite in there last 3 appearances and are still lingering in divvy 2

Have to agree Clutch, Dekka doesnt stop and Ray is a clown:D

Hey Clutch and Romper you guys trying to get Ray to bite on this thread I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. But a good sauce tells me that you both better watch what you may get in your Pie or Hotdog next time you buy at the club canteen he does have a close relationship with his wife:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back