Northern Football League Division 2 - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interested to hear Macleod people's thoughts on todays game....

Thought Macleod were well below their best and the kicking skills from both teams on the day were fairly ordinary, but Macleod got better as the game went on and their class gradually wore Diamo down. Were helped by Diamo having only 1 man left on the bench from halfway through the second quarter and they'd have 3 or 4 with a real question mark for next week. Macleod also have their own injury concerns. After missing last years GF will Ewart come up? I also noticed Andrew miss most of the second half.

After winning comfortably today and playing well below their best you would think Macleod have it in the bag. I think they may face a different opposition in 2 weeks time tho with the injuries suffered to Diamo today.

Thought Macleod were well below their best and the kicking skills from both teams on the day were fairly ordinary, but Macleod got better as the game went on and their class gradually wore Diamo down. Were helped by Diamo having only 1 man left on the bench from halfway through the second quarter and they'd have 3 or 4 with a real question mark for next week. Macleod also have their own injury concerns. After missing last years GF will Ewart come up? I also noticed Andrew miss most of the second half.

After winning comfortably today and playing well below their best you would think Macleod have it in the bag. I think they may face a different opposition in 2 weeks time tho with the injuries suffered to Diamo today.

So you are saying Diamo and Macleod in the Grand Final

Go Macleod, well done.
Well done Macleod, sitting here in Barcaldine out back Qld the phone was running hot with the udated scores during the day. i joked before i left of missing a grand final day with all 3 teams playing and now its going to happen, cant wait for 2 weeks time, i might have to book a charter flight back from Weipa for the GF day.
28deg, Tbone for tea and 20 cans under the belt ...shit i love holidays.

Romper out.

Well done Macleod, sitting here in Barcaldine out back Qld the phone was running hot with the udated scores during the day. i joked before i left of missing a grand final day with all 3 teams playing and now its going to happen, cant wait for 2 weeks time, i might have to book a charter flight back from Weipa for the GF day.
28deg, Tbone for tea and 20 cans under the belt ...shit i love holidays.

Romper out.

Never thought I'd say this but good work Macleod! Your win in the ones and twos means that Diamo will have to field the strongest ones team next week and that gives us a better chance in the magoos.

Any reports on the two's game? Diamo looked much better then Macleod last time I saw them both.

Never thought I'd say this but good work Macleod! Your win in the ones and twos means that Diamo will have to field the strongest ones team next week and that gives us a better chance in the magoos.

Any reports on the two's game? Diamo looked much better then Macleod last time I saw them both.

Sneaky!

It's pretty windy up at Cramer Street, thus, the skills were not exactly upto a perfect standard. To give you a brief , I thought Diamo was beaten before the ball was bounced.

They had defensive tags on a few players and it worked for a little while, but you can't keep that up for 4 quarters unless you have a V8 under your jumper and half way through the 3rd quarter, Macleod just wore them down and phycologically scarred Diamond Creek again.

The rot started at 9.30 am, continued at 11.45 am and finished at 4.45 pm. Quite a good day, but my backs killing me now !

It's pretty windy up at Cramer Street, thus, the skills were not exactly upto a perfect standard.

Was fortunate enough to watch a bit of footy this weekend and was able to get down to the games on the Saturday and Sunday, pretty similar conditions, if anything, Saturday was worse.

To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of div 2 action this season and i'd really want to give the benefit of the doubt and hope it was an off day for both teams. The skill level was nothing short of deplorable, the tactics were non-existant. There were so many opportunities to switch the play and make use of the big ground. Yet the play moved in clusters, junior footy like.

Obviously I wasn't expecting the same standard but I was pretty suprised at how far below division two actually was. Once again, It may have been an off day but if Macleod is the bench mark of this competition they have a lot of average players running around (bar 4 or so stand outs) and would want to seriously look at recruiting to remain competitive if they were to go on and take the flag. Which they should, the other mob doesn't even rate a mention.

Went to Whitt V Epping on the weekend and thought the Eagles were pretty impressive, looked like they were really going to put a space on Epping who managed to play ok in patches but after the first 10 minutes of the game were never really in the game, IMO.

One thing that astounded me was the way Willitts was used by Epping, after kicking the opening goal of the game, he spent the best part of the next 3 qtrs playing up the ground:confused: He played extremely well but i'm sure the coaching staff of Whittlesea were happy with him getting the pill 80 meters and beyond from goal!!!

After seeing both teams "live" the previous 2 weeks i think Whittlesea will progress through to take on Macleod in the GF.

Liked the fact they had a lot of contributors on the weekend and there forward line functioned very well, liked the way Dornauf played, showed a lot more heart than his old mans trotters:D

Was fortunate enough to watch a bit of footy this weekend and was able to get down to the games on the Saturday and Sunday, pretty similar conditions, if anything, Saturday was worse.

To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of div 2 action this season and i'd really want to give the benefit of the doubt and hope it was an off day for both teams. The skill level was nothing short of deplorable, the tactics were non-existant. There were so many opportunities to switch the play and make use of the big ground. Yet the play moved in clusters, junior footy like.

Obviously I wasn't expecting the same standard but I was pretty suprised at how far below division two actually was. Once again, It may have been an off day but if Macleod is the bench mark of this competition they have a lot of average players running around (bar 4 or so stand outs) and would want to seriously look at recruiting to remain competitive if they were to go on and take the flag. Which they should, the other mob doesn't even rate a mention.

Thats fair enough, but even the div 1 game wasnt that flash hot, pretty shit skills all day. but im thinkin the conditions didnt help anyone on the weekend..

Broadford Football Netball Club
www.broadfordfnc.com.au

(affiliated with the Riddell DFL)
Is seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching
positions for the upcoming 2010 R.D.F.L. season.

Senior, Reserves & Under 18’s football
as well as
A-grade, B-grade & C-grade netball.

- Applications close October 14, 2009 via -
The Secretary
Broadford F.N.C.
PO BOX 189
BROADFORD VIC 3658

Any enquiries call 0408842775 or Private Message the above signed​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadford Football Netball Club​

(affiliated with the Riddell DFL)
Is seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching
positions for the upcoming 2010 R.D.F.L. season.

Senior, Reserves & Under 18’s football
as well as
A-grade, B-grade & C-grade netball.

- Applications close October 14, 2009 via -
The Secretary
Broadford F.N.C.
PO BOX 189
BROADFORD VIC 3658

Any enquiries call 0408842775 or Private Message the above signed

30k, train once a week and cant make away games. Throw in petrol and I'll do it!
Netball not footy!

I think you're being a bit harsh taking into account the wind which was blowing around in circles, the fact that it was a final, the fact that Diamond Creek have never played at the ground before, injuries to both teams in the 1st half.......

Yes - the standard was not fantastic, however, I think it was more tacticle than what you alluded to. There was tags all over the ground that resulted in a low scoring affair at half time, then Macleod did what it had to do in 10 minutes and put the game away.

Give the benefit of the doubt and come to the Grand Final. You will see a completely different game

Epping Football Club​

Invites applications for the following positions for season 2010
Senior Coach (playing or non-playing)
Reserves Coach
Under 19's Coach
Juniors - All age groups
Football Manager
Head Trainer
All applications should be forwarded to:
secretary@eppingfc.com.au
or mail to
Secretary Epping FC
PO Box 19
Epping 3076
Applications close 30th September 2009

I think you're being a bit harsh taking into account the wind which was blowing around in circles, the fact that it was a final, the fact that Diamond Creek have never played at the ground before, injuries to both teams in the 1st half.......

Yes - the standard was not fantastic, however, I think it was more tacticle than what you alluded to. There was tags all over the ground that resulted in a low scoring affair at half time, then Macleod did what it had to do in 10 minutes and put the game away.

Give the benefit of the doubt and come to the Grand Final. You will see a completely different game

It is fair to add, that Finals Football can sometimes be unattractive to watch, due to the pressure and desire of the teams participating.

Yes, generally the conditions are better than during the middle of winter except wind can be / was an issue last weekend.

Irresepctive, its about contested football and the fact of it is, that in a final, teams just want to win and it matters not how ugly it looks. (a bit like some of my dates back in my early 20's :D)

Epping Football Club​

Invites applications for the following positions for season 2010
Senior Coach (playing or non-playing)
Reserves Coach
Under 19's Coach
Juniors - All age groups
Football Manager
Head Trainer
All applications should be forwarded to:
secretary@eppingfc.com.au
or mail to
Secretary Epping FC
PO Box 19
Epping 3076
Applications close 30th September 2009

Is the current coach re-applying? Surely he would be a front runner.

Diamond Creek -vs- Whittlesea

Whittlesea are on a roll having won their past 10 games and have
taken a few scalps along the way. Their disposal of Epping on Saturday was quite impressive when you consider that Evan Murray was out with a compound fracture. Will he line up this week ? I think not , but it matters
nonetheless as the Eagles forward line functioned quite well (20 goals) without him.

I can't see Diamond Creek kicking too many goals unless Grimey has
a day out.

Whittlesea to march on by 8 points

Diamond Creek -vs- Whittlesea

Whittlesea are on a roll having won their past 10 games and have
taken a few scalps along the way. Their disposal of Epping on Saturday was quite impressive when you consider that Evan Murray was out with a compound fracture. Will he line up this week ? I think not , but it matters
nonetheless as the Eagles forward line functioned quite well (20 goals) without him.

I can't see Diamond Creek kicking too many goals unless Grimey has
a day out.

Whittlesea to march on by 8 points

Look underbelly I think Whittlesea are overated and have not really beat anyone of significance. When they beat Macleod, Macleod had seven GOOD seniors out and Whittlesea could still only win by 4 goals when they should have put Macleod away. Murray really hurt Macleod on that day and he aint playing this week.

Epping had 6 good players out last week just goes to show they have not got a lot of depth.

I think Diamo will show some true form and send Budgen back to the real world and bring the Whittlesea people back to earth and show them that they have not improved on last year finishing same position.

Diamo by 37 points

out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back