Northern Football League Division 3 - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
word around is watsonia absolutely pumped reservoir... can anyone confirm this? 99.5% sure it right. :thumbsu:
heres one persons mail we can already discount for the rest of the year.....5 points down at half time, lost by 17 points with 6 of the best 10 players out.

Anyone who hasn't got a praccy match on this Saturday, suggest you come down to West ( Heidelberg Park ) and watch the Westies, 1pm start after the reserves.

Well it was a great game on the weekend. Watsonia is a good measure for Reservoir since they are a Div 2 team. A very good game of pace, skill and sportsmanship. One thing that is evident is the fitness level of Rezza as higher than expected. There were 36 players that showed for the 2s and 25 picked for the 1s. If you had told me that this was going to happen on the 1st of Dec when we started pre season im confident that nobody in the NFL would have believed it, probably the Rezza people included.
Too many clubs try to promote their club by going around and almost beg people to come and play for them. At Rezza, we work on the principle of 'attraction rather than promotion'. If the Leadership is good, the club regains it's lost credibility. Suddenly, players, supporters, sponsers etc... start coming out of the woodwork and want to be identified as Reservoir Footbal Club people.

Is it true that Rezza has a sponsor that has put in a fair bit of cash and brought a few players down from differnet clubs?????

Ive heard a few people say this. He seems a little reserved at training but he adds another tall to the team, we will just have to wait and see how he goes during the season...

It this the bloke who wacked a Reservoir player behind play and smashed his eyes socket, cheek and noise last season...

It this the bloke who wacked a Reservoir player behind play and smashed his eyes socket, cheek and noise last season...

Nope it was Steven Huff, was playing in the game, **** was doing it all day so he got him back.

Anyway, West got up by two points today.

long season ahead for panton hill. beaten by a d3 ammo's side that was very young and inexperience. was a good hit out for both sides having a crack.

long season ahead for panton hill. beaten by a d3 ammo's side that was very young and inexperience. was a good hit out for both sides having a crack.

they'll probably have company at the bottom as I heard that south morang were thrashed by old eltham last week whoi think are also around d3 standard.

things are looking pretty good at the moment for the two blues.....50 plus on the track every night, beat an admittedly average d3 ammo side yesterday comfortably by 8 goals with an inexperienced line up.....players of the callibre of pretty, breeding,sinclair,defelice, spicuglia and scannel to return....things are looking bright!

things are looking pretty good at the moment for the two blues.....50 plus on the track every night, beat an admittedly average d3 ammo side yesterday comfortably by 8 goals with an inexperienced line up.....players of the callibre of pretty, breeding,sinclair,defelice, spicuglia and scannel to return....things are looking bright!

How did the 2nds go? Win / Loose?? Any standouts that could be playing in the 1's???

Similar things happening at South Morang I hear??

Any news?

yeah Troy luff to play 8-9 games for the season signed. Was seen last night in brunswick street with a few old boys having a few beers, confronted and confirmed. All the best to the struggling lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Morang play the stars on the weekend and if so how did they go?
can anyone confrim. rumour is they have recriuted 20 odd new players including some from Mernda? brand new group as well as the leadership bunch

I'm one of the 20 so I don't know how many other new ones are around but stars gave us a bit of a touch-up. Simon Minton-Connell was up forward for them. Played well but can barely move around. They kicked 10 goals to one in the first quarter and I think ended up winning by 15 or so.

I'm one of the 20 so I don't know how many other new ones are around but stars gave us a bit of a touch-up. Simon Minton-Connell was up forward for them. Played well but can barely move around. They kicked 10 goals to one in the first quarter and I think ended up winning by 15 or so.

Yeah about 15 goals, was only a 3 quarter game.

Heidelberg West played 2 3qtr games for both reserves and seniors.

Reserves won by a couple of goals and seniors lost by a couple but to give credit most of our best players were rested in the final qtr. Danny Butler kicked 5 and looked solid up forward.

Massive improvement from last year and i really do think d3 will be close and even this year

Heidelberg West played 2 3qtr games for both reserves and seniors.

Reserves won by a couple of goals and seniors lost by a couple but to give credit most of our best players were rested in the final qtr. Danny Butler kicked 5 and looked solid up forward.

Massive improvement from last year and i really do think d3 will be close and even this year

who did west play........saw rezza play there 2 were very good but the 1 had a couple of patches that won them the game

doc haydock played well in intra club other day..you say simon minton-conell is at mernda and...omg r u serious danny butler at wests...i thought he was too old and slow and goes da biff too much.ppl ppl please:footy::diamond:

doc haydock played well in intra club other day..you say simon minton-conell is at mernda and...omg r u serious danny butler at wests...i thought he was too old and slow and goes da biff too much.ppl ppl please:footy::diamond:

Minton-Connell played for stars!

I know that Hurstbridge are outlaying massive amounts of cash to entice back players who have left to go to other clubs over the summer. Players who were on basic match payments that left are being offered $250 or there abouts to return to Hurstbridge. I wonder how the blokes who remained loyal to Hurstbridge throughout the pre season feel about these offers to the blokes who jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back