Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear. What a disaster 2nite. That was humiliating in so many ways.

I hate to quote myself but unfortunately it turned out just like tha game vs Sturt at the Parade last year ... except much worse!

The only saving grace was that I was able to yell out to all the Glenelg bandwagoners whooping it up in the grandstand "I've never seen u at a game before!!!" That wasn't much consolation.

Our team is stacked with AFL listed players. The fact that the team could only muster one goal does not bode well for their attitude when the going gets tough.

Let's hope they regroup and fight back as per the club motto and don't cave in like last year.

I hope you put more effort into your sledge than Norwood put into the game.

Probably slightly more effort ... but it was still a poor sledge. Was expecting the bandwagon to arrive full from Brighton Rd anyway ... I wasn't disappointed.

Yeah biggest bunch of bandwagoners I have seen for a long long time. The fact they kept yelling out 50 all game was hilarious.

Anyway what more can be said about that pathetic Norwood effort. Disgusting, embarrasing, utter shite.

Hill has to be gone now surely. If he doesnt have the decency to resign then the board should sack him. Gone nowhere as a team for years now and the gameplan and playing style is still utter rubbish. Sick of hearing about how things are going well off the field. Means shit all if you keep disgracing yourself on the field.

Ripping effort 2day by the boys! We did fight back as per the club motto ... very proud of that effort 2day and well done to Trevor Hill, it can't have been easy getting their confidence back up after the last game.

Come on Norwood, let's put back to back efforts together with a big one against recent nemesis Sturt next week. Go the Redlegs!

Great win by the club, consolidating it's spot in the five.
Big match against Sturt next week, with a chance to make it 4 wins in the past 5 games.

Bugger .... we lost.

Still, it was a pretty close game considering Sturt's form this year. Need to back it up with another good game next week. Got team's breathing down the back of our neck to get in the 5.

We must play finals this year!

Oh, you couldnt have been any closer to the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

no couldn't have been worse :(

Losing to Sturt is disappointing especially with an early lead - i could only listen to it on the radio but by the sounds of it we just couldn't maintain the pressure.

Was dropped to the Reserves early in the season, but has fought his way back to the ones.

Quiet one on the weekend, but is developing into a handy key position/occasional back-up ruckman type.

Will always be remembered for kicking the teams' only major, a couple of weeks ago.

Dave Trotter getting a kick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out with an injury for the first cuppla rounds, came back and dazzled everyone for 3 weeks, then got a niggling hammie, returned too soon after just a week and well and truly did the hammie in the first quarter of his comeback game. Now listed as being 2 weeks away.

Presumably North supporters have heard years of 'Trotter fighting injury' stories, so it's all same ol'.

Looks awesome when he is fit and firing thats just the problem :( Was sensational in the game against Port earlier in the year.

Gutted with the loss on the weekend, would have almost taken a hiding as opposed to showing some fight then dying in the ass in the end.

Oh and Sturt supporters would have to be some of the stupidest ever.

Was dropped to the Reserves early in the season, but has fought his way back to the ones.

Quiet one on the weekend, but is developing into a handy key position/occasional back-up ruckman type.

Will always be remembered for kicking the teams' only major, a couple of weeks ago.
was tha goal a goodun? just wondering what the exact score was last week and is rowey piked in tha 1s again this wk???

Great goal - banana kick from the boundary.
We're trying to forget the score for that game - 1.3
Norwood have a bye this week, but he may not be a certainty when they resume, as we have one tall too many, it seems.

We're still in the five, and hopefully there for the rest of the season.

At least we have our destiny in our own hands.

The boys should have something to prove when they return for their next home game (this week), and when they play Glenelg next. Whilst people have pointed to the low score (and you'd expect that), the losing margin was nowhere as bad as some of the other teams' results in 2008.

That 1.3 nitemare was actually an ingenious ploy by the club to slip under the radar and they have succeeded as it has certainly masked their otherwise outstanding recent form.

Looking forward to Saturday and absolutely looking forward to the rematch vs Glenelg! Might put a few dollars on the Legs even, would have to start at 10/1 at least! :)

Good win today all things cosidered. Vlatko was on fire up front with 7 goals and I reckon Cockshell would have to be BOG or close to.

This performance must be backed up with a win next week against South now, especially since North and Centrals did us no favours and let Port and the Eagles win to tighten everything up around 4th and 5th place.

We could do some damage in the finals if we can play our best footy ... the hardest part will be getting there still!

Looks like we may have seen the last of Scotty Borlace - at least for 2008, but quite possibly may not play League footy again.

Great clubman - hopefully he's able to squeeze out some more games in 2009.

Looks like we may have seen the last of Scotty Borlace - at least for 2008, but quite possibly may not play League footy again.

Great clubman - hopefully he's able to squeeze out some more games in 2009.

:eek::( that is shattering news
is his knee that bad?

It appears Borlace never fully recovered from his knee operation last year.

In more bad news for this week, Massie, Puopolo, Vlatko and Cockshell are all out. Vlatko and Cockshell were injured at training last night.

On the plus side, we do get Jericho and Matt Thomas back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back