not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

it was great to win, but it wasn't enough. a real top side wouldn;t have given the opposition a free ride in the last quarter. because we slacked off, we robbed ourselves of a 10 goal win, a 10 goal win that we deserved.

We still sit in 14th rather than 13th because of the last quarter.

Just another thing our boys need to learn.

Rubbish. Geelong do it every other week and they'll be premiership favourites in a couple of days.

Enjoy the win.

the only thing Geelong will ever be favourites for, is to come second.

winning is good, but premierships are great.

it was great to win, but it wasn't enough. a real top side wouldn;t have given the opposition a free ride in the last quarter. because we slacked off, we robbed ourselves of a 10 goal win, a 10 goal win that we deserved.

aso10 i don't mean to be to critical but seriously, it has been years since we have beaten a team like this.

just enjoy it, we have won two in a row and where coming. but thhey are still very young. as you said we will learn

enjoy the win

cheers

Wish Stevo was playing. He deserves to stick right up Williams.

As for not enough. Gee bud, give credit where it is due. The boys have just one their second in a row. Something that has not been done by this team for a very long time. They are learning and I am sure they will have other oppurtunities to blow a team away in the not to distant future.

Rubbish. Geelong do it every other week and they'll be premiership favourites in a couple of days.

Enjoy the win.

proves ya can't please everyone they get criticized when we loose and they still get Criticized when they win ,a wins a win & we get the 4 points i'm happy they were tired after playing well in first half
better then West coast getting over run in the 2nd half by Essendon now if that happend to us fair enough

good win bring on Hawthorn ;)

As0l0 shut up u idiot great win hopefully he can string a few more together and get that 8-10 wins for the year.

Way to put a negative spin on a great win.

I pressume your glass is half empty.

I also think the way we slowed down will help us run out next weeks game as the hawks were running all day and played a more higher tempo game all day as we only really put the foot down for 2 quarters and then slowed down.

Who gives a rats arse about the final margin never looked like losing and did it without a major input from Fev

Things Looking up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it proves we are not a real top side.........STOP THE PRESS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

If you could only see things from my perspective..........life is actually enjoyable......I feel sorry for you.

I'm so proud to see another convincing Blues win.. it's been a while.

Well done to the guys, things are definately lopoking up

You're kidding right?
We ran ourselves off our legs in that 3rd quarter, and you just knew that Port were going to go all out in that last quarter. You would have taken a 39 point win before the game if someone had've offered it to you.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/blues-explosion-hammers-power

Carlton has sent Port Adelaide's once-promising season spiralling even further into disarray after dishing out a 39-point thrashing at Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

In arguably their best game for the year, the Blues dominated in every position on the ground to record a 22.9 (141) to 14.18 (102) victory and inflict the Power's fourth consecutive loss.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21879834%5E20322,00.html
Up by almost 10 goals at the final change, the Blues could not quite go right on with the job, but the 22.9 (141) to 14.18 (102) win was Carlton's second biggest over any opponent since 2001, the last time the club made the finals.
Some people are never satisfied.:rolleyes:

haven't we all changed a lot from our days of glory. you all might have forgotten those days, you might be content to be restored to just another AFL team. Not me, I know how great Carlton are and tonight we showed a glimpse of it.

haven't we all changed a lot from our days of glory. you all might have forgotten those days, you might be content to be restored to just another AFL team. Not me, I know how great Carlton are and tonight we showed a glimpse of it.

yes but unfortunately after some good times we bottomed out and had to rebuild. lets not go over again what has happened over the last decade but not to long ago we were the laughing stock of the AFL (being compared to Fitzroy). We have now won two in a row for the first time in ages and have comprehensively defeated a side. This means we are on the way back and this is why everyone is getting excited. This team has the potential to achieve alot more than the Carlton team that PArkin lead. No one is satisfied about winnign two games in a row but it does beat the heck out of losing

hmmm we probably got a couple of stiff ump decisions in the last quarter in def 50.....

saddington push in the back (maybe twice)
Some port player threw ball out and i think cassisi goaled as a result.

So instead of 6goals it could easy have been 9. But that's just the way it goes. They won the clearances in the last qaurter, so if they can fix that the rest seemed to be REALLY good.

Remove this Banner Ad

not enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back