Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the whole point of never tear us apart the supporters saying what ever happens we back you in and nothing can stop that?

But nah go on and sit there and not sing

Spot on Jonts my blood nutted mate.

This is when they need us to be most vocal.

This song actually gives me the shits now. So much passion in it and the players don't give a **** anymore.. Novelty is over.
Yeah, I kind of frustrated that the players don't seem to care anymore, or maybe take it for granted.

But I belt it for the club, and for the supporters.
Despite what bullshit may happen on the filed or in the coaches box, we all love this club and we should stick together.
You can demand change and still support your club.

You gotta think the boys are hurting too.

We are a community footy club, everyone is hurting.

I'm hurting like ****.

I expect Port Adelaide to win every single game they play or just about die trying. Blokes like Daryl Poole, Paul Northeast and others going back through the generations that were always less skilled than the Glenelgs or Norwoods or Sturts, paid less than them too, older and slower, but pulled our club jumper on and ****ing bled for the cause. They never gave up that's what made them Port Adelaide. They would front up at Alberton after a loss and look supporters in the eye that gave it to them both barrels and they never flinched. They expect us to be demanding and they expect us to let them know if they don't meet our expectations.

They also expect us to show up every week and help get them home. To make our home ground as intimidating as possible for the opposition and their supporters. There isn't anyone thats ever been involved with the Port Adelaide Football Club that isn't hurting today. We are more than any other club in the AFL a community club and we as supporters have to keep doing our bit.

You can't expect your family to do all the work without you chipping in yourself.

It's still raw and it still hurts but we all have to fight together to right this.

You gotta think the boys are hurting too.

We are a community footy club, everyone is hurting.

I'm hurting like ****.

I expect Port Adelaide to win every single game they play or just about die trying. Blokes like Daryl Poole, Paul Northeast and others going back through the generations that were always less skilled than the Glenelgs or Norwoods or Sturts, paid less than them too, older and slower, but pulled our club jumper on and ****ing bled for the cause. They never gave up that's what made them Port Adelaide. They would front up at Alberton after a loss and look supporters in the eye that gave it to them both barrels and they never flinched. They expect us to be demanding and they expect us to let them know if they don't meet our expectations.

They also expect us to show up every week and help get them home. To make our home ground as intimidating as possible for the opposition and their supporters. There isn't anyone thats ever been involved with the Port Adelaide Football Club that isn't hurting today. We are more than any other club in the AFL a community club and we as supporters have to keep doing our bit.

You can't expect your family to do all the work without you chipping in yourself.

It's still raw and it still hurts but we all have to fight together to right this.
Agreed but sometimes change and or change of the process is required to make it so. God i sound like i Picard on the Enterprise.

Agreed but sometimes change and or change of the process is required to make it so. God i sound like i Picard on the Enterprise.

Change may be required.

I'm not advocating blindly following whatever the club do, far from it.

I'll never give up on them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Change may be required.

I'm not advocating blindly following whatever the club do, far from it.

I'll never give up on them though.
Me too but for some reason this one hurts. I have tried to be positive this season, taking our outs in to consideration but it's our decision making and skill level, it sucks real bad and we need to know why.

I'm not singing along to a Farris penned song. That's just me. Others can please themselves.

Well we would't want a music elitist to compromise himself.

It wouldn't be right.

Me too but for some reason this one hurts. I have tried to be positive this season, taking our outs in to consideration but it's our decision making and skill level, it sucks real bad and we need to know why.

Go down to Alberton and ask them.

Just don't take a truck of chicken shit or we are officially Richmond.

Settle down Mr Serious.

I don't sing along when I am there either.

Not because I have a personal gripe against a Farriss family member or I'm a musical elitist.

It's just an awful song.

But the kids love it.

3 out of 4 wins playing in front of our home crowd, after the players are pumped up by it. 1 from 4 when they aren't. I'd say the problem isn't that the players ignore it, more they've come all the way around to needing it to pump them up. They are mentally weak when they don't have the crowd behind them. The definition of a middle of the road side (for a non-Victorian club) is winning most of your home games, but shit on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back