Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't wanna go on about them in this thread but recent posts reminded me of this gem from earlier this year, perhaps when they hosted Sydney:

Screenshot_20160330-233707.png

I saw with my own eyes on the telecast (if this was the same game) a guy out of his seat (or just a corporate) on the stairway conducting people when the ball went out late in that game to keep them festive. It was quite a sight really. You don't get that kind of manufactured sporting atmosphere anywhere else.

yeah nothing says manufactured like Kochie with the Farriss Brothers out on the ground singing a teenage love song:rainbow::thumbsu:

One of these things is an attempt to manufacture atmosphere, the other is a response to something the fans had picked up and run with of their own accord without a note from the club asking us nicely to cheer please

Not looking forward to seeing probably the most low key NTUA in 2 weeks time. On a Friday night as well :(

We should be singing it even louder.

NTUA is not the anthem of the players, it's not a reflection of their performance, it's an anthem for the club. It demands unity in the face of adversity, even if that adversity happens to be some of the players on our list.

We should be singing it even louder.

NTUA is not the anthem of the players, it's not a reflection of their performance, it's an anthem for the club. It demands unity in the face of adversity, even if that adversity happens to be some of the players on our list.
Agreed it wasn't about being a sing along some manufactured chant night bullshit. It was about passion for the club and an up yours to Olson and the rest of the $anfl who for a time did tear out club apart and very nearly succeeded in killing the club. Never forget what these pricks tried to do. Sorry for the rant clearly not over yesterday.

Agreed it wasn't about being a sing along some manufactured chant night bullshit. It was about passion for the club and an up yours to Olson and the rest of the $anfl who for a time did tear out club apart and very nearly succeeded in killing the club. Never forget what these pricks tried to do. Sorry for the rant clearly not over yesterday.

Yeah that's the genesis, the reason it caught on. But you can also be torn apart from the inside and you need to stand up to that as well.

So you can be a weak protester and not front up to games, which is basically becoming the monster you despise. Or you can be a strong protester and turn up, go even harder, rant loud and maybe even be a small part of a greater collective that inspires a player or two.

Oh dear trolls are here

Besides which, we've openly acknowledged Farrisghazi was literally the worst thing to happen at Adelaide Oval since the SANFL stank up the walls with their monuments to visionless old folks.

Nothing wrong ever happens on the other side of the fence. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How I long for those days when the volume NTUA is played at was a major issue.
Hey, I'm still annoyed they showed how it can go up to another level of greatness, the last game of last year and first game of this year. And then revert to having the volume on full throughout, but year, why would anyone think the fans alone belting out we'll never be torn apart is better than it be a full minute sing along? :rolleyes:

If the club wants to have the fans get the players showing some actual emotion out there, then they'd cut the words for the last part again, let the players here the crowd alone and hopefully have some vague realisation there's a shit load of supporters who want them to try, not just rock up.

Are these songs going to be a part of our home final next Saturday?

Yeah I remember we had to lodge an official request to play them against Richmond. Hope we are on the ball with this.

The same question was asked in the preview thread.

Here's what I posted. No mention of NTUA but you would think it all taken care of

Is there any chance that the flog from Nova can just let the song start??

I may be alone in this, but I reckon that when the music starts - we will all be ready with our scarves and those that that dont know the song will soon get the idea.

Surely after 4 years, he doesnt need to lead us into NTUA anymore.

I may be alone in this, but I reckon that when the music starts - we will all be ready with our scarves and those that that dont know the song will soon get the idea.

Yep, sounds stupid when he goes all 'carn everybodiess' with NTUA. It was never like it before so why make manufacture it now?

I can't like this enough. The best thing about NTUA was that the club let the fans take control of it. Everyone knows its happening, just let it happen

The best thing about NTUA was by far the time kochie and the farris brothers were in the goal square waving their scarves after the game had started - remember how good that was??
images

**** off now pole smoker!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back