Not heritage round at the 'G?

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Invalidate Heritage Round

Why bother with heritage round if they're just going to wear their clash guernsey? Funny how no one complained about clashes in the 1970s and people seemed to get by watching the game on black and white TVs.

Clashes are just an invention to sell something.

It also exposes heritage round as a total crock.

Re: Umm

The theme for the heritage round is "last week". Didn't you guys get that memo?

Shame it isn't two weeks ago so we can see the Eagles get smashed again.

I cant wait for 2000 Heritage Round. They can issue the Eagles and Dockers with boxing gloves this time.

so Collingwood ruins another heritage round, what else is new.

Have the umps gone out in heritage uniforms this game at least (can't watch the game because the Port game is on 10 and Fox - but that's another thread)?

Why are the umpires in yellow? Why are Collingwood and St Kilda not wearing their 70s strips?

This heritage round has turned out to be a total joke, where teams such as West Coast and Fremantle that weren't even around in the 1970s are wearing guernseys unrelated to their clubs, yet Melbourne teams are not even participating.

Why are the umpires in yellow? Why are Collingwood and St Kilda not wearing their 70s strips?

This heritage round has turned out to be a total joke, where teams such as West Coast and Fremantle that weren't even around in the 1970s are wearing guernseys unrelated to their clubs, yet Melbourne teams are not even participating.
We participated. We wore the exact guernsey we wore in the 70s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so Collingwood ruins another heritage round, what else is new.

Have the umps gone out in heritage uniforms this game at least (can't watch the game because the Port game is on 10 and Fox - but that's another thread)?

Seriously, why aren't Collingwood wearing the black on mainly white? Is it an "up yours" to the AFL or are they trying to perpetuate the myth that they haven't changed their guernsey.

50 years from now the next generation of Collingwood spin doctors will be asked about photos and video of the 1970s Collingwood and say that it's just the quality of the film from that era and it's an optical illusion.

Seriously, why aren't Collingwood wearing the black on mainly white? Is it an "up yours" to the AFL or are they trying to perpetuate the myth that they haven't changed their guernsey.

50 years from now the next generation of Collingwood spin doctors will be asked about photos and video of the 1970s Collingwood and say that it's just the quality of the film from that era and it's an optical illusion.

Seriously, it's as if the whole Collingwood organisation is ashamed of that pre-2001 jumper...that jumper is the one that you won premierships in and the one that all non-Collingwood fans remember that they hated...Eddie: "We've never changed our jumper." Same stripes, but different arrangement of those stripes.

Currently, they look like the Kiwi Pies...All Blacks.

I cant wait for 2000 Heritage Round. They can issue the Eagles and Dockers with boxing gloves this time.

Noooo....then the Eagles will have to wear that ghastly psychedelic ochre number again!

It is a joke. I've got my heritage round Footy Record in front of me and Collingwood and St Kilda are the only ones who aren't wearing their 70's guernseys.:confused:

Sounds like both teams have done a sly deal with the AFL not to take part.:thumbsdown:

yeah i was thinkin the same thing. i put the game on to see wat they would be wearing but its just the same as they already wear. maybe they are both embarrassed by there performances thru out the 70s i dunno

Absolute crap.

The Pies "heritage strip" didn't clash with the Saints "heritage strip" for 100 years, why would it now?

I don't know, I'm not saying it does clash.
Don't shoot the messenger.

StKilda aren't wearing their 70's jumper because Collingwood are the home side and the AFL are of the opinion it clashes with Collingwood's home jumper.

Collingwood "technically" aren't participating in heritage round as this season the expense of the jumpers was to be covered by the club, not the AFL, as it has in the past.

Collingwood, as is their right, are wearing their home jumper. That means StKilda can't wear their 70's jumpers have to wear their clash version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not heritage round at the 'G?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back