Not the Redbacks anymore... in name anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain the women's Spring Challenge?

I've read that it's to compensate for a shorter WBBL. So they shorten the WBBL, then add a heap of extra matches to make up for it, what am I missing?
It was supposed to be a state cricket T20 competition originally then the powerbrokers of NSW and Vic whinged about it for some reason (something to do with wanting to play more players) and so it was changed for them into some weird pre-season WBBL tournament.

Basically Cricket NSW & Cricket Victoria trying to rule everyone and being self entitled pricks like they’ve done for 150 years of Australian cricket.

Find it really interesting that we chose Tim Paine for the coaching possie for the Strikers when Lehmann applied. There has to be more going on there than he had a bad interview, even Melbourne Renegades said no to the coach of last years champs
If they’ve done it to try to get away from the old SACA’s culture I don’t actually mind it especially given Gillespie was there for nearly a decade, Lehmann hasn’t actually been a head coach in a while and has gone off to do media too so maybe the thought is there that this sort of role & all it comes with might be a bit past him.

If they’ve done it to try to get away from the old SACA’s culture I don’t actually mind it especially given Gillespie was there for nearly a decade, Lehmann hasn’t actually been a head coach in a while and has gone off to do media too so maybe the thought is there that this sort of role & all it comes with might be a bit past him.
I think he explored the media after missing out on head coach roles. I get what you mean about moving on from culture, though. I think him basically missing out on HC roles must have a bit to do with him being team coach when we let Davey come up with a plan so cunning...

I think he explored the media after missing out on head coach roles. I get what you mean about moving on from culture, though. I think him basically missing out on HC roles must have a bit to do with him being team coach when we let Davey come up with a plan so cunning...
I don’t think it’s played that big a part I think it’s just more to do with what his coaching methods are or at least perceived to be and whether that matches up with what teams are now looking for especially in franchise cricket, lots of teams looking for next gen coaches and maybe he’s seen as a bit too old-school for what they’re after.

View attachment 2133400

I don't mind Head not being captain. Let him come in and just worry about batting. Let McSweeney settle in.
He's not part of the program really so I agree, Captain is the captain.

Really hope Pope had improved, could get absolutely smoked by NSW

Not a bad SACA team though

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the Redbacks anymore... in name anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back