Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course its relevant and appropriate to compare two right wing parties, if not to show similarities but also differences.

I get you like Dutton, but ignoring his obvious flaws is exactly how the Republicans ended up with Trump.

I would suggest any unease at considering it says a fair a bit about why we should.

Of course its relevant and appropriate to compare two right wing parties, if not to show similarities but also differences.

I get you like Dutton, but ignoring his obvious flaws is exactly how the Republicans ended up with Trump.

I would suggest any unease at considering it says a fair a bit about why we should.
It's not that I 'like' Dutton. I simply don't see him as being the big bad right wing gestapo ogre virtually everybody left of centre feels the need to portray him as. The insults of 'Voldemort' to the puerile 'potato head', ignore the fact that his views are mostly rational, unlike Trump, who I have lambasted and childishly insulted, and will continue to do so until he's in jail.

It's not that I 'like' Dutton. I simply don't see him as being the big bad right wing gestapo ogre virtually everybody left of centre feels the need to portray him as. The insults of 'Voldemort' to the puerile 'potato head', ignore the fact that his views are mostly rational, unlike Trump, who I have lambasted and childishly insulted, and will continue to do so until he's in jail.
I mean, my dislike of him comes more from his anti science, anti Renewables stance.

But I do get why people dislike him due to his constant dog whistling.

I would have him further right than Abbott, which is concerning.

I mean, my dislike of him comes more from his anti science, anti Renewables stance.

But I do get why people dislike him due to his constant dog whistling.

I would have him further right than Abbott, which is concerning.
Yeah not sure he's anti science. Depends which narrative you support.

And all parties dog whistle.

Yeah not sure he's anti science. Depends which narrative you support.

And all parties dog whistle.
As I said, I understand your unease at supporting the guy.

But I get why you do and each to their own. I prefer my politicians less ignorant

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion INTERNATIONAL Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back