Notice Served: West Coast ARE the Real Deal.

West Coast in 2005

• A flag?

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Top Four?

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • Top Two?

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Top 8?.

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNIT

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Fighting the good fight
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts - St Kilda
This is to all the Dockers supporters, Port supporters and others who havent 'gotten' it yet.
We had only beaten crud they said. Adelaide in Adelaide, not a 'real' away win they said. Only 'just' beat the Dockers they said. Werent that impressive against Geelong or the Bullies they said. Dont have a forward line they said. Crap defense they said. Cant win away they said.
Well todays clinical demolition of the once almighty Brisbane Lions should once again give you all you doubters, knockers, and Dockers, more proof that when WC turn it on, no side can stop them. Their midfield just kills people.

Does anyone dare to disagree after todays performance?. Im sure some unwashed and illiterate Dockers supporter will try to, or some paranoid teeth gnawing defender of the indefensible Port Supporter, or some 'your team is gone anyway so shut your mouth' Swans supporter who thinks they actually won that final last year because they were the better side.

Im not gonna sit here and set myself and the club up by predicting a flag for WC in 2005. But now surely, all the talk of not being able to travel, or kick goals etc etc should be shelved and WC should be viewed as a legitmate, and totally for real, Premiership contender.

Gotten what? The fact that you are a complete tool? It is round 5.
Just because YOU claim something, doesn't make it so. Wait until about round 20, then talk.

Yze_Magic said:
I know they are the real deal

Get set for the match of the year

Demons vs Eagles, Round 12 - MCG

BE THERE

Winner plays Geelong in the GF

quote from my first ever big footy thread october 2, 2004

"looking at the draw on paper it looks pretty good. it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we couldn't go 4-0 and go to brisbane in round 5 full of confidence and knocking the lions off." :D

I wonder what sort of odds I would have got at the TAB for that to happen..........hindsight is a b**** sometimes

• Banned
PAFC2004 said:
Gotten what? The fact that you are a complete tool? It is round 5.
Just because YOU claim something, doesn't make it so. Wait until about round 20, then talk.

What are you talking about? :confused:

UNIT said:
What are you talking about? :confused:

Is it round 5. While it is fine that you predict you will win the flag, claiming all freo and Power supporters haven't "gotten it" is just stupid. There is nothing to get, we all have our own predictions and opinions. It is, after all - round 5.

PAFC2004 said:
Is it round 5. While it is fine that you predict you will win the flag, claiming all freo and Power supporters haven't "gotten it" is just stupid. There is nothing to get, we all have our own predictions and opinions. It is, after all - round 5.

Exactly!

There are 17 rounds to go mate.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how long was st kilda's winning streak last year??

I'll reserve my judgement till rnd 22. They are looking impressive in brisbane today. Still think they rely to heavily on their midfield. Lynch is an absoulte dud, gardiner looks good at CHF though

UNIT said:
This is to all the Dockers supporters, Port supporters and others who havent 'gotten' it yet.
We had only beaten crud they said. Adelaide in Adelaide, not a 'real' away win they said. Only 'just' beat the Dockers they said. Werent that impressive against Geelong or the Bullies they said. Dont have a forward line they said. Crap defense they said. Cant win away they said.
Well todays clinical demolition of the once almighty Brisbane Lions should once again give you all you doubters, knockers, and Dockers, more proof that when WC turn it on, no side can stop them. Their midfield just kills people.

Does anyone dare to disagree after todays performance?. Im sure some unwashed and illiterate Dockers supporter will try to, or some paranoid teeth gnawing defender of the indefensible Port Supporter, or some 'your team is gone anyway so shut your mouth' Swans supporter who thinks they actually won that final last year because they were the better side.

Im not gonna sit here and set myself and the club up by predicting a flag for WC in 2005. But now surely, all the talk of not being able to travel, or kick goals etc etc should be shelved and WC should be viewed as a legitmate, and totally for real, Premiership contender.

Mate you are right, the eagles are a very good team no arguments and thats great for you but for f*cks sake you don't need to mention the dockers in every second post you make. its starting to get boring, just concentrate on your own team and we'll worry about our own. DO YOU GET THE MESSAGE!!!?

If you like it or not, West Coast are doing marveklously well, (and its no early season tease or w/e) really I can only see a one-horse race this season, Kangaroos have the same ratio too, but I don't on-the field they would even get close to WC whereever its played.

Interesting that your team smashes a top team, and the first thing you do is come on here and try to justify yourself to Freo supporters. Is this indicative of a deep-seated psychological problem UNIT? Obssesive Compulsion/Narcissism/Inferiority Complexes? Seek help my friend.

tico said:
Mate you are right, the eagles are a very good team no arguments and thats great for you but for f*cks sake you don't need to mention the dockers in every second post you make. its starting to get boring, just concentrate on your own team and we'll worry about our own. DO YOU GET THE MESSAGE!!!?

Yes im afraid i do. Dockers supporters on BigFooty needed to see todays exhibition from WC, because many still make such moronic statements as 'we have the better list on paper' etc etc. Once and for all, unequivocably, WC at the minute are so far ahead of the Dockers its embarrasing to have to continually read the delusionary ramblings of their supporters on here who honestly seem to believe there side is worthy of mention in the same conversation. Yeah sure its Rnd 5, lets not go stupid and all that, but let us WC supporters enjoy the moment.
Once we win another game on the road in Melbourne, all the clowns must surely then be silent.

I'm pretty stoked with the forward setup today...

Matera Lynch Gardiner
Embley Hansen Sampi

Will trouble most sides, Hansen looks a real talent, Lynchy just needs some confidence and Gardiner is AA quality. The smalls/mediums speak for themselves.

CHB is the only query IMHO, we have sorta bluffed our way through with a combination of Hunter / B Jones, the Riewoldts and Tredreas of this caper will really give us a shake.

all freo fans will now BOW TO THE MIGHT of the eagles! :rolleyes:

really UNIT get over it ....

your setting ya self up for a big fall. ;)

Milenko said:
I'm pretty stoked with the forward setup today...

Matera Lynch Gardiner
Embley Hansen Sampi

Will trouble most sides, Hansen looks a real talent, Lynchy just needs some confidence and Gardiner is AA quality. The smalls/mediums speak for themselves.

CHB is the only query IMHO, we have sorta bluffed our way through with a combination of Hunter / B Jones, the Riewoldts and Tredreas of this caper will really give us a shake.

Weakness = CHF

Reveler said:
how long was st kilda's winning streak last year??

I'll reserve my judgement till rnd 22. They are looking impressive in brisbane today. Still think they rely to heavily on their midfield. Lynch is an absoulte dud, gardiner looks good at CHF though

Exactly!!

let's wait this season is very young..

UNIT said:
Yes im afraid i do. Dockers supporters on BigFooty needed to see todays exhibition from WC, because many still make such moronic statements as 'we have the better list on paper' etc etc. Once and for all, unequivocably, WC at the minute are so far ahead of the Dockers its embarrasing to have to continually read the delusionary ramblings of their supporters on here who honestly seem to believe there side is worthy of mention in the same conversation. Yeah sure its Rnd 5, lets not go stupid and all that, but let us WC supporters enjoy the moment.
Once we win another game on the road in Melbourne, all the clowns must surely then be silent.

so now that you have made your point to the dockers you have no reason to continue these constant posts directed at the dockers supporters we understand you!. you can now officially stop if you want.

UNIT in no way represents the opinion of all Eagles supporters on Big Footy.

Why he continually tries to talk us up is beyond me. It's like he is trying to turn everyone into an Eagles supporter. The satisfaction of winning five in a row is enough for most but he just needs to stand out and let everyone know about it. I hope for the sake of all West coast supporters on this board that we do well this year or our reputation could get even worse.

Niall said:
UNIT in no way represents the opinion of all Eagles supporters on Big Footy.

Why he continually tries to talk us up is beyond me. It's like he is trying to turn everyone into an Eagles supporter. The satisfaction of winning five in a row is enough for most but he just needs to stand out and let everyone know about it. I hope for the sake of all West coast supporters on this board that we do well this year or our reputation could get even worse.

And neither do you bud. Id go as far as to say there is a fair chunk of WC people on BF who DO support my views. Who the hell are you to have a crack at your own supporters?. Are you the sort of fairweather scum, sitting there pretending to be a WC supporter at home games, glaring at people at who make you consider to be making too much noise?.

Im boasting now? Once again i post about my own club and get ripped for it. When i dont post about them,Dockers supporters ask me why, and say i musnt really support WC, and just want to rip their club. I cant win either way, so im just gonna be me, and if a few charddy sipping 'please stay in your seat and politely clap' so called West Coast supporters and a few frustrated Dockers supporters cant handle that, too bad.

Once again, i was never sitting here masturbating over my own club. Im just saying, to all the people out there who said we cant travel, kick goals etc etc....after todays effort (against an admittidly in decline Lions side) do you feel it may be appropriate to reassess your views?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back