Notice Served: West Coast ARE the Real Deal.

West Coast in 2005

• A flag?

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Top Four?

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • Top Two?

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Top 8?.

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good side. Wait until you get within an arms length of winning a premiership before exclaiming that they are already here.

The current eagles are a very good team, maybe even a great team. I still doubt that you continue this great form until september, but you have a team that CAN win the flag. The travel factor and injuries to key players are your biggest enemy at the moment.

Unlike the swans are the moment, the eagles play a simple, no-nonsense running gameplan that suits your strengths and is great to watch. I just wish Roos and his coaching staff would have to balls to something like that.

Fingers crossed that next week's game isn't a flood-fest.

UNIT said:
This is to all the Dockers supporters, Port supporters and others who havent 'gotten' it yet.
We had only beaten crud they said. Adelaide in Adelaide, not a 'real' away win they said. Only 'just' beat the Dockers they said. Werent that impressive against Geelong or the Bullies they said. Dont have a forward line they said. Crap defense they said. Cant win away they said.
Well todays clinical demolition of the once almighty Brisbane Lions should once again give you all you doubters, knockers, and Dockers, more proof that when WC turn it on, no side can stop them. Their midfield just kills people.

Does anyone dare to disagree after todays performance?. Im sure some unwashed and illiterate Dockers supporter will try to, or some paranoid teeth gnawing defender of the indefensible Port Supporter, or some 'your team is gone anyway so shut your mouth' Swans supporter who thinks they actually won that final last year because they were the better side.

Im not gonna sit here and set myself and the club up by predicting a flag for WC in 2005. But now surely, all the talk of not being able to travel, or kick goals etc etc should be shelved and WC should be viewed as a legitmate, and totally for real, Premiership contender.

You do realise Hawthorn spanked them the week before. You do not win premierships in April. If the Eagles keep playing like this through to September then they will have a good shot at it.

Still haven't played in Melbourne yet, that will be a better indication as to how much the team has improved. Round 9 is the first Melbourne game i think.

Minkus_Swan said:
The current eagles are a very good team, maybe even a great team. I still doubt that you continue this great form until september, but you have a team that CAN win the flag. The travel factor and injuries to key players are your biggest enemy at the moment.

Unlike the swans are the moment, the eagles play a simple, no-nonsense running gameplan that suits your strengths and is great to watch. I just wish Roos and his coaching staff would have to balls to something like that.

Fingers crossed that next week's game isn't a flood-fest.

I hope Roos' trys it. The Swans will be dead on their legs by half time if they do.

UNIT said:
Well todays clinical demolition of the once almighty Brisbane Lions.

That is correct. This means the victory isn't as great as it once would of been. Brisbane are no longer one of the top teams in the league and they haven't been for the past 3 weeks. When you beat Melbourne i'll give you the full credit. I'm tipping a top two finish but Melbourne will win the premiership.

I tipped West Coast for the flag last year by the way.

I said they would go 8-2 from the first 10 rounds but it looks like I was being conservative.

Definitely the real deal - in fact they have been since the latter stages of last year. Best midfield in the comp, bar NONE. Underratd back line who get their job done every week. Forward set up is solid and they still have McDougall to get back. Rucks in Gardiner and Cox represent 2 of the best 5 ruckmen in the league.

Guaranteed to finish top 2, which means both early finals at home. How are they possibly going to not play in the GF ?

That $13 I copped early in the year is looking very nice now.

UNIT said:
And neither do you bud. Id go as far as to say there is a fair chunk of WC people on BF who DO support my views. Who the hell are you to have a crack at your own supporters?. Are you the sort of fairweather scum, sitting there pretending to be a WC supporter at home games, glaring at people at who make you consider to be making too much noise?.

Im boasting now? Once again i post about my own club and get ripped for it. When i dont post about them,Dockers supporters ask me why, and say i musnt really support WC, and just want to rip their club. I cant win either way, so im just gonna be me, and if a few charddy sipping 'please stay in your seat and politely clap' so called West Coast supporters and a few frustrated Dockers supporters cant handle that, too bad.

Once again, i was never sitting here masturbating over my own club. Im just saying, to all the people out there who said we cant travel, kick goals etc etc....after todays effort (against an admittidly in decline Lions side) do you feel it may be appropriate to reassess your views?.

dont you get it UNIT?

we dont want you to post at all! ;)

:D

Where is West Coasts Franklins and Rougheads?

Looks like a Deledio and Tambling side for mine.

Milenko said:
I don't get it. Hansen is playing excellent footy at CHF and Lynch kicked 4 today at FF.

IMO, query = CHB. That's about it.

Hansen was great, looks a player.

Lynch looks an average player but get feed the ball so well it any forward will do well.

CHB is a problem.

UNIT said:
And neither do you bud. Id go as far as to say there is a fair chunk of WC people on BF who DO support my views. Who the hell are you to have a crack at your own supporters?. Are you the sort of fairweather scum, sitting there pretending to be a WC supporter at home games, glaring at people at who make you consider to be making too much noise?.

Im boasting now? Once again i post about my own club and get ripped for it. When i dont post about them,Dockers supporters ask me why, and say i musnt really support WC, and just want to rip their club. I cant win either way, so im just gonna be me, and if a few charddy sipping 'please stay in your seat and politely clap' so called West Coast supporters and a few frustrated Dockers supporters cant handle that, too bad.

Once again, i was never sitting here masturbating over my own club. Im just saying, to all the people out there who said we cant travel, kick goals etc etc....after todays effort (against an admittidly in decline Lions side) do you feel it may be appropriate to reassess your views?.

The only scum around here is you.

I make as much noise at the footy as anyone else and I have never had chardonnay.

The difference between you and me is that I don't need to yell and scream about the Eagles until someone listens to me, the scoreboard speaks for itself. Need I remind you about our start to 2003? We were second on the ladder for weeks and we were looking very strong. A few injuries later and we were struggling to make the finals. If this happens again then god help us.

IT'S ONLY ROUND 5!!!!

This crap about us being unstoppable is just ignorant dribble. I am as excited as anyone but I am not being unrealistic and continually striving for attention. Why you need to keep rubbing everyone's noses in it is completely beyond me. Who cares what everyone else thinks? They will know how good we are when we play them. Yes, we have travelled well so far (we always play well at the gabba but aami was a good win) but we have not yet travelled to Melbourne and that is where the problem lies. I would wait until atleast round 10 before making any comments in regard to travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The are playing some seriously good footy, the confidence is so far up that they aim for the impossible and pull it off, ie - some of the incredible goals kicked during todays match were simply awesome.

I must admit I was waiting till they played a bit more away to make a real decision on their chances for 2005 but I'm now convinced! Serious top 2 contender and they'll play in the GF as I reckon the home games gained from finishing top 2 will be vital. If the MCG pulls that bullcrap with the finals agreement and WC have to play over there I reckon even dockers supporters will get angry. As any interstate team should!

Still early though, but great effort by the eagles so far!

UNIT said:
This is to all the Dockers supporters, Port supporters and others who havent 'gotten' it yet.
We had only beaten crud they said. Adelaide in Adelaide, not a 'real' away win they said. Only 'just' beat the Dockers they said. Werent that impressive against Geelong or the Bullies they said. Dont have a forward line they said. Crap defense they said. Cant win away they said.
Well todays clinical demolition of the once almighty Brisbane Lions should once again give you all you doubters, knockers, and Dockers, more proof that when WC turn it on, no side can stop them. Their midfield just kills people.

Does anyone dare to disagree after todays performance?. Im sure some unwashed and illiterate Dockers supporter will try to, or some paranoid teeth gnawing defender of the indefensible Port Supporter, or some 'your team is gone anyway so shut your mouth' Swans supporter who thinks they actually won that final last year because they were the better side.

Im not gonna sit here and set myself and the club up by predicting a flag for WC in 2005. But now surely, all the talk of not being able to travel, or kick goals etc etc should be shelved and WC should be viewed as a legitmate, and totally for real, Premiership contender.
Brisbane's gone, lost their passion (not surprising after 3 flags) and after the Hawks beat them maybe not a real surprise win. I tipped the Lions thinking last weeks embarrassment when sting them given they were playing at the 'Gabba, but I was certainly wrong this time, the Lions don't "want it" badly enough anymore. Totally unaccountable. If you let the Eagles midfield play uncontested footy they'll cut you up. The Eagles looked excellent, top 4 material. Their test will come in finals when sides become acountable and work their midfield over in-close, in and under. They've been found wanting in that area over the last couple of years, especially finals, but this may be a better side. The tests are still to come though, but a 1-4 finish is on the cards.

Niall said:
The only scum around here is you.

I make as much noise at the footy as anyone else and I have never had chardonnay.

The difference between you and me is that I don't need to yell and scream about the Eagles until someone listens to me, the scoreboard speaks for itself. Need I remind you about our start to 2003? We were second on the ladder for weeks and we were looking very strong. A few injuries later and we were struggling to make the finals. If this happens again then god help us.

IT'S ONLY ROUND 5!!!!

This crap about us being unstoppable is just ignorant dribble. I am as excited as anyone but I am not being unrealistic and continually striving for attention. Why you need to keep rubbing everyone's noses in it is completely beyond me. Who cares what everyone else thinks? They will know how good we are when we play them. Yes, we have travelled well so far (we always play well at the gabba but aami was a good win) but we have not yet travelled to Melbourne and that is where the problem lies. I would wait until atleast round 10 before making any comments in regard to travel.
The Eagles depth is much better now so any injuries can be covered.

Bentleigh said:
Weakness = CHF

Lynch is at FF and Ash Hansen is at CHF.

Ash Hansen had 7 marks, 20 disposals and kicked 1.1. Not bad for a guy with 10 games experience.

Quinten Lynch still dropped a few marks, but at FF he had 5 marks, 8 disposals and kicked 4.1. Not sensational figures, but i would take 4 goals any day.

Michael Gardiner came back from injury and had just 5 disposals, but he did kick 2 goals. He will only get better and the signs are there that Matera will get back to his 2004 form (3+ goals per game) with 12 touches and 1.2 today.

weagles_fan said:
The Eagles depth is much better now so any injuries can be covered.

Retention is going to hit the Saints and WCE big time id imagion.

(WCE have 4 players older then 26, 3 older than 27)

eddiesmith said:
As much as I believe they are clear premiership favourites, they did the same thing in 2003 (Thump the AFL lions) and only made the Semis. Need top 2 finish desperately to win the flag

Guaranteed to make top 2. Still have 9 games at home to come. Lets assume they win 8 of them and only 2 away (being very conservative). That will give them a 15 win season which would be enough.

Realistically though they will win more than 2 games away.

If the start of this season is anything to go off, Ash Hansen is one of the most exciting key forward prospects in the league.

Matthews didn't show him the respect other teams have so far this season, playing Voss on him in the second half was a mistake. Even when matched up against quality (Scarlett, McPharlin) Hansen keeps at it and is proving a handful. CHF's don't particularly need to kick a lot of goals every game, the work around the ground is what makes a quality CHF and Hansen is showing great signs in this department. His 2nd 20 possie game of the year, along with 2 15 touch games. Really happy with him so far, just 11 games into his career.

rgauci said:
Here here Niall. It is round 5. But you guys are going well so far.

Im sure you Dockers bunnys would love it if all WC supporters were as passive and only too willing to blow smoke up your arse as Niall clearly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back