Novice Sydney-sider here: Aren't Collingwood and Essendon supposed to be good?

Remove this Banner Ad

ONLY illegal drugs?! ONLY? As opposed to salary cap cheating, approved by the afl? You bummers supporters always gotta push it onto someone else... You cheat with drugs, but Sydney gets tippet through draft concessions. So that means Sydney are bigger cheats than us!!!? I don't like it as much as the next supporter (especially considering our cheating cost us picks and money) but to say salary cap cheating is worse that taking illegal drugs to get ahead of the comp... Wow wee.

Still getting my head around this "aussie rules" thing, but from everything I've heard (primarily from their vocal supporters) Essendon and Collingwood are supposed to be powerhouse clubs?

You know, heaps of members, lots of money for exotic sports science programs etc.

My boys Goodesy and the others just walked over them: 47 points and 44 points respectively - and we don't even have Barry Hall for another 3 rounds!

So educate me Bay 13 - are these two teams really any good? Is there anything else I should know going into the rest of the season?

Nice work on the highlighting, it's almost like your sarcasm detector is broken.

Funny thing is you are comparing actual teams against your own AFL backed team with an expanded salary cap. At least my team only took illegal drugs wheras yours is just blatant about cheating. For shame!!!!

The sick sick mind if an Essendope supporter on show for the world to see.

Tbh I don't mind Sydney but I struggle with why they would chase a selfish overrated player like Tippett and pay him far better than any of their current champions who bleed for the club. Tippett will only look out for himself.

Tbh I don't mind Sydney but I struggle with why they would chase a selfish overrated player like Tippett and pay him far better than any of their current champions who bleed for the club. Tippett will only look out for himself.

We need a key position forward?

Also, I haven't seen Tippet be selfish in the way he plays at all - I've actually heard the opposite, he trains hard and honestly.

Other than our Hawthorn stalkers, has anyone commented and answered the OP? I think I remember a couple of Essendon and Collingwood supporters telling me of this VFA league they won a few backyard flags in. Can someone elaborate?

Funny thing is you are comparing actual teams against your own AFL backed team with an expanded salary cap. At least my team only took illegal drugs wheras yours is just blatant about cheating. For shame!!!!
Since when was taking illegal drugs *not* blatant cheating?

Other than our Hawthorn stalkers, has anyone commented and answered the OP? I think I remember a couple of Essendon and Collingwood supporters telling me of this VFA league they won a few backyard flags in. Can someone elaborate?
Well my team managed to beat Essendon so they can't be that good....

You're doing it wrong Swans flogs

When you've only managed to pip 2 teams in the Top 8 all season, you're supposed to talk those teams up so it sounds like you sound like a better side

If you don't rate the wins against Essendon or Collingwood... that leaves your draw with Freo as the best result for the Swans this year. Minnow tears from a Premiership hangover confirmed?

You're doing it wrong Swans flogs

When you've only managed to pip 2 teams in the Top 8 all season, you're supposed to talk those teams up so it sounds like you sound like a better side

If you don't rate the wins against Essendon or Collingwood... that leaves your draw with Freo as the best result for the Swans this year. Minnow tears from a Premiership hangover confirmed?

Minnow tears...from...a what?

Not your best work Shawt.

I agree that the Swans have got off to a slow start, and in fact I wouldn't call Collingwood a top 8 side - but this thread isn't about Swans: I'm trying to get some get some answers re: The "Big" 4

I agree that the Swans have got off to a slow start, and in fact I wouldn't call Collingwood a top 8 side - but this thread isn't about Swans: I'm trying to get some get some answers re: The "Big" 4

If you don't rate the Pies or Dons, it's not a slow start, it's no start at all. You've closed the window already, and should be rebuilding

As for 'the big 4', that's where the minnow complex kicks in. You don't get to choose who the big 4 are, they don't face relegation for having a shit game, month, season or decade. They remain the true iconic sporting teams of our sport, regardless of who snuck in for a flag last year

The AFL made you, and continues to stave off your fall to oblivion year after year with money made by the big clubs. You don't even need to thank us, your minnow tears are all we really need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shitney are the afl's very own little lord fauntleroy. pampered bitches that would get destroyed if they ever had to stand on their own two feet.

Lol iconic.

Yup

GWS and Sydney are cute, but they aren't exactly the foundation of the league. It's okay, just embrace your role as "expansion clubs", and focus on running those footy clinics. We can keep the league humming along just nicely while we wait for you guys to gain traction up north. Hopefully 2 teams is enough to sell the game in Sydney. We should be able to cover you guys for another decade or two if you think you need a 3rd

Yup

GWS and Sydney are cute, but they aren't exactly the foundation of the league. It's okay, just embrace your role as "expansion clubs", and focus on running those footy clinics. We can keep the league humming along just nicely while we wait for you guys to gain traction up north. Hopefully 2 teams is enough to sell the game in Sydney. We should be able to cover you guys for another decade or two if you think you need a 3rd

lol @ Big 4 flogs still living like it's 1989.

Blissfully ignorant of how much of $1.25 billion dollar TV deal came off the back of the Sydney market.

We're not that good on field but off field we generate the extra money for Vlad to hand over to Sydney so they can buy gun players like josh Kennedy and spuds like Tippett.

Blissfully ignorant of how much of $1.25 billion dollar TV deal came off the back of the Sydney market.

On the back of success on the back of concessions on the back of rudimentary attempts of the AFL to expand the game in Sydney. Don't kid yourself mate....fair weather supporters in Sydney and Brisbane need success to enter the gates.

On the back of success on the back of concessions on the back of rudimentary attempts of the AFL to expand the game in Sydney. Don't kid yourself mate....fair weather supporters in Sydney and Brisbane need success to enter the gates.

Yes - we won last years flag due to concessions - and also got Tippet due to concessions cause like we had the concessions but we didn't use them but the fact they they were there gave mental advantage you know?

And also it's not actually more expensive to live in SYdney, the AFL has paid international world economic experts.

amiright?

...a market that Sydney has cornered right?

Wrong

With only 2-3% of Sydneysiders tuning in to watch Swans game prior to last year when GWS were brought in to prop them up... the experiment is failing.

It's okay, we've got you guys covered for another few decades. Take your time, run your AusKick sessions ,do a few commercials touting yourselves as "The Bloods", it's all good.

We've got deep pockets, just make sure GWS doesn't overtake you. THAT would be embarrassing. GWS is already averaging crowd figures that the Swans couldn't draw for their first 13-14 years up there. I'd be hoping that the AFL doesn't forget about you guys completely. I think it could be as few as 2-3 years before GWS are the premier draw in Sydney, and the Swans slide back to Brisbane Bears levels

Wrong

With only 2-3% of Sydneysiders tuning in to watch Swans game prior to last year when GWS were brought in to prop them up... the experiment is failing.

Those are 2008 numbers for one, and even if they were relevant half a decade later in the fastest growing afl market during a successful period, that would still mean that we were pulling well more than our weight.

So give us our cash bros.

Wrong

It's okay, we've got you guys covered for another few decades. Take your time, run your AusKick sessions ,do a few commercials touting yourselves as "The Bloods", it's all good.

We've got deep pockets, just make sure GWS doesn't overtake you. THAT would be embarrassing. GWS is already averaging crowd figures that the Swans couldn't draw for their first 13-14 years up there. I'd be hoping that the AFL doesn't forget about you guys completely. I think it could be as few as 2-3 years before GWS are the premier draw in Sydney, and the Swans slide back to Brisbane Bears levels

Why thank you, for graciously keeping us a float.....and thanks for sacking the best coach you ever had, not only will your plummet out of the 8 make room but it should see us make finals during GWS's inevitable rise making way for an all Sydney grand final.

Also thanks for donating your other organs when said scenario gives you a heart attack.

If you don't rate the Pies or Dons, it's not a slow start, it's no start at all. You've closed the window already, and should be rebuilding

As for 'the big 4', that's where the minnow complex kicks in. You don't get to choose who the big 4 are, they don't face relegation for having a shit game, month, season or decade. They remain the true iconic sporting teams of our sport, regardless of who snuck in for a flag last year

The AFL made you, and continues to stave off your fall to oblivion year after year with money made by the big clubs. You don't even need to thank us, your minnow tears are all we really need

Hawks made 14 million from poker machines, how much is Collingwood stealing out of the purses of Victorian pensioners this year??? If your money comes from pokies which comes from pensioners which comes from Centrelink... you really COULD have Centrelink as a sponsor on your guernsy now couldn't ya :D

oh and by the way, thanks for the cash :cool:
tumblr_lpffe2W6h81qbumapo1_500.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Novice Sydney-sider here: Aren't Collingwood and Essendon supposed to be good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back