Game Day Now I'm feeling confident

Remove this Banner Ad

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
THE hot and hungry Hawks should be too good for the mediocre Magpies. The Pies have dropped intensity, lost four of their past nine games and are far from firing on all cylinders. They have got problems in defence, attack, the ruck and you can question the motives of Brownlow medallist Dane Swan. The Hawks, on the other hand, are settled, in form, playing selfless football and have had two good final lead-ups against Sydney and West Coast.

Regardless of what you think of Robert Walls and his opinions, he so rarely gets it right in his predictions that I now feel like it's going to be Collingwood by 53 points

GO PIES!

Based on that paragraph, it's accurate excluding the Swan comment which is mere speculation.

TBH, I'd rather have the Hawks form than ours ATM.
They were saying the same things of us last year.

September is white line fever time, many teams have failed to carry H&A form into the big dance - lest we forget 1970 - shudders!

... and have had two good final lead-ups against Sydney and West Coast

They're also the toughest two games (wins) they've played consecutively all year:

COLLINGWOOD WIN 115-137
GEELONG CATS LOSS 90-92
ADELAIDE WIN 84-140
WEST COAST EAGLES LOSS 46-51
SYDNEY SWANS LOSS 106-69
ST KILDA WIN 123-88
MELBOURNE WIN 115-49
FREMANTLE WIN 63-119
RICHMOND LOSS 75-137
NORTH MELBOURNE WIN 59-174
PORT ADELAIDE WIN 108-62
BRISBANE LIONS WIN 70-135
BYE
CARLTON WIN 120-70
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY WIN 31-193
WESTERN BULLDOGS WIN 116-44
COLLINGWOOD WIN 138-91
ESSENDON WIN 180-86
GEELONG CATS LOSS 118-116
PORT ADELAIDE WIN 87-159
GOLD COAST WIN 65-129
SYDNEY SWANS WIN 102-95
WEST COAST EAGLES WIN 70-95

I hope they're sore.

The shit that Wallsy writes about Collingwood is just putrid! He is anything but unbiased when writing about the Pies.
The guy is a flog of the highest order and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that values his opinion.

I do like your confidence in tipping the Pies by 53 points due to Wallsy's shit record. However that has been somewhat offset by KB's opening take on SEN this morning. He senses an upset on the cards and believes the Pies will cause an upset. KB's record would be just as appalling as Wallsy's, so it's really six to one or half a dozen the other.

All that being said though, I'm tipping the Pies by 6 points in an epic battle tonight. A late goal to Fas to seal the match and break the Dawks hearts.....again.

Collingwood always display their best football when we have our backs to the wall.

Hawthorn won the last 2 encounters,but look at the teams compared to what we will be fielding, in tonights game.Plus intesity ,lads intensity goes up 20%.This is the diffrence.Yeah sure hawthorn can do this and that,but judging from tonights weather report expect wind and rain.

This is a brand new ball game tonight,new mini season,so buckle in for the ride,cos tya the end the pies will win it in a thriller........Beams to be BOG

F@CK FORM, F@CK HAWTHORN, F@CK WALLS.....

And **** everyone else. It is US against THEM and tonight our destiny is in the hands of the 22 boys who pull on the jumper, prime themselves pre-game for a huge one, maybe listen to some music that gets them pumped up, perhaps have a quick tug, or get a quick handie from the missus, eat the same meal pre-game for energy, have a few big macs if you are swanny, meditate if you are harry, draw something if you are clokey, see Luke Ball showing his support if you are a young player with nerves...just ****ing CARN THE PIES.

SIDE BY SIDE

Lol morgues so true! Whatever rocks yer boat boys, do it and lift yerselves for the contest.

100 minutes of savagery puts us in a prime position.

It's time to get primeaval on these f@ckers, fang, tooth, claw and talon guys - swarm them from the first bounce until the last.

Never give up

Never give up

NEVER GIVE UP!

And **** everyone else. It is US against THEM and tonight our destiny is in the hands of the 22 boys who pull on the jumper, prime themselves pre-game for a huge one, maybe listen to some music that gets them pumped up, perhaps have a quick tug, or get a quick handie from the missus, eat the same meal pre-game for energy, have a few big macs if you are swanny, meditate if you are harry, draw something if you are clokey, see Luke Ball showing his support if you are a young player with nerves...just ******* CARN THE PIES.

SIDE BY SIDE

I lol'd :p

Great post!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These articles are percisely what the boys need for a BIG REV up before the match.

It'll be a firing fast paced match especially at the start and we need to kick straight (to state the bleeding obvious). We'll win if we can congest and keep the tackle pressure up. With the form were in we can only go up.

Regardless of what you think of Robert Walls and his opinions, he so rarely gets it right in his predictions that I now feel like it's going to be Collingwood by 53 points

GO PIES!

Although our form aint great going into the finals its a new season. This team has had its back against the wall many times, and one that sticks to me is the Qualifying final against the paupers Port in 02. Still have afew of those boys running around tonight and the conditions will be tricky which means cloke will kick straight. Pies will do it in overtime.....

Dunno why but I have not a care in the world about tonight. Yes, it will hurt to lose, but it will only hurt if we do not play for each other and put in a solid four quarter effort. If we get behind and retreat into our shells, then I will be devestated. The belief has to be there. I am sure a lot of us a are nervous in anticipation. I will end up chain smoking tonight, I am sure. My ritual pre-game burger from Grill'd may be hard to keep down, and smashing it with beers may be my only solution. Lets hope the beers dont give me those ****in horrid hiccups that you cant get rid of and feel like you are getting stabbed in the chest each time and sound like a goose! But you know what? I dont care. Have my panadols in me pocket, bung a couple those down pre-game, then its on for young and old.

Hawthorn fans at work are walking around like their shit dont stink, with the arrogant wry smiles I have had to put up with from the Cats fans for too ****in long. Should I be singing the song loud and proud tonight after a win, I wont be texting those germs. They are not worth the time it takes!

Finals really brings it all together, brings us all back together and focussed on one thing - success.

Good old Collingwood forever.

You would be forgiven for thinking that a hawthorn win is a fait accompli, we revel in the back against the wall matches and expect no difference tonight, I for one am expecting a big lift from our boys and hopefully we can grind out a win.

Now I'm feeling confident! (Thanks mars)

/wrongyeariknowshuddup

and it Happend "Right In Front of Me"

I am loving that the Media are saying we have No Hope. Just how Collingwood Loves It

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Now I'm feeling confident

Remove this Banner Ad

Back