NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Statement from Boronia Hawks FNC this morning.

MESSAGE TO ALL BHFNC PLAYERS, MEMBERS, AND SUPPORTERS

I wanted to write to you all to address an incident on Saturday during our senior game, between our captain Harry Burgess and Templestowe's Cameron Cloke. As a result of this incident, both players have been offered penalties for the reported conduct.

The BHFNC has decided to accept the penalty offered to Harry.

As a club, we pride ourselves on teaching and playing the game with the right spirit and Harry has consistently demonstrated nothing other than commendable conduct throughout his playing career.

We extend our best wishes to Cameron Cloke and the Templestowe Football Club.

Greg Hannon
Senior Club President
On the front foot. Well done Boronia FNC.

Interesting statement. Feels like Boronia - and the tribunal - are almost blaming Cloke as much as Burgess for the incident.

Probably adds a bit of balance to some of the shit in the media. It's been painted as a classic "king hit" scenario and while not good, it wasn't that.

8 weeks for Burgess.

Interesting statement. Feels like Boronia - and the tribunal - are almost blaming Cloke as much as Burgess for the incident.

Probably adds a bit of balance to some of the s**t in the media. It's been painted as a classic "king hit" scenario and while not good, it wasn't that.

8 weeks for Burgess.
I think the statement is measured and puts some context into what has been an ‘over the top’ reaction. It was not a king hit and it takes 2 to tango. Whilst he didn’t deserve this, Cloke was apparently not innocent in this.

Wasn’t a great look/ action but it’s probably like a couple in the AFL recently, namely the St. Kilda fellow who hit an opponent which probably wasn’t where the hit was to land.

Matter has been addressed and it’s time to move forward. Good to see the club was proactive in their actions and made a statement.

Some of the stuff on social media about this is a disgrace. Faceless and nameless keyboard warriors.

8 weeks is ridiculously light for the action, of course they accepted without giving it a second thought, gets him back before finals whilst their opponents lose the victim for the year.

I see Cam is contesting his charge, hope he gets off to show the MRO is just trying to justify a weak suspension.

Also have the Knox coach at the tribunal tomorrow night for "behaving in an abusive, insulting, threatening or obscene manner towards or in relation to an Umpire"

Big week in Divvy 2

Par for the course for Knox FC. They can go down to fourth highest division next season where they belong!

8 weeks is ridiculously light for the action, of course they accepted without giving it a second thought, gets him back before finals whilst their opponents lose the victim for the year.

I see Cam is contesting his charge, hope he gets off to show the MRO is just trying to justify a weak suspension.

An 8 week suspension is hardly “ridiculously light”. It’s actually the same as what Andrew Gaff got a few years back, which is a very comparable incident.

Great role model this prick is, as the captain of the club no less.
People wonder why AFL gets a bad name when this sort of behaviour gets just 8 weeks.
Ban the idiot for 2 years & set a precedent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super for Kyle Viccars to get a VFL debut but bloody hell... that's a blow huge to Doncaster.

I really do hate this system but not much can be done.
Kyle certainly deserves his chance at VFL level. It’s great reward for him, didn’t play cricket last summer another sport that he excels at.

Not ideal for Donny just as they are starting to get a few back, but that’s the system we have. They are a club that will play kids at Premier level & I would expect some 19s to get a chance in the 2nd half of the season. Nothing to lose!!!

Kyle is a ripper kid & I’m sure the club hope he does really well in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back