NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see the point in trying to hold a begrudged player to a contract. Why would you want someone around who doesn't want to be there. Accept it and move on

Sign them in good faith you either recruit around these contracts or sit happy knowing you have players signed.

Then some cashed up club throws are big offer at them late and you are left exposed.

Sign them in good faith you either recruit around these contracts or sit happy knowing you have players signed.

Then some cashed up club throws are big offer at them late and you are left exposed.

Thats true, you'd think players would hold off the official transfer as long as possible then, keeps the power in their hand not the club trying to hold them to ransom, I dunno. There's always been rats around who collect the sign on fee then leave as well

The fellas i know still playing are at VAFA clubs say the culture is a cut above knowing your fees aren't going into some mercenary's pocket next to you @ team dinner on thursdays, however there is definitely some dodgy accounting going on

Then the cashed-up club can pay for them and they have been. It's been happening for years as many players have gone to Football Vic and lost. The contract is a legal document.

Don't see the point in trying to hold a begrudged player to a contract. Why would you want someone around who doesn't want to be there. Accept it and move on

Would be a bit of cat and mouse I think. Things change quickly and if the player sees he's genuinely not getting cleared, perhaps all parties can sit down and work out a plan where he plays and contributes rather than sitting the year out. Would depend on the individual and his maturity.

Has happened before

Noble Park vows to hold on to top defender Ryan Morrison​

Noble Park says Ryan Morrison is a contracted player and won’t be cleared to neighbouring club Keysborough.

March 24, 2022 - 4:30PM
Greater Dandenong Leader
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader.../101931fdfba2ee0eed9c248dd98708f0#share-tools
Noble Park has declared it will not release star fullback Ryan Morrison “under any circumstances’’.

Southern league Division 2 club Keysborough has lodged a clearance for Morrison after he signed with the club last night.

Keysy coach Chris Smith said today that the left-footer was eager to join friends playing at the Burra.

“We’re hopeful we can get it (transfer) done and across the line … we’ll see where it lands,’’ Smith said.

“The bottom line is he wants to play football with us. I don’t really know what’s happened there (Noble Park) and I don’t really want to get involved.

“All I know is he told us what he wants to do and we’ve put a clearance through for him because that’s what he wants, which is really, really exciting for us. He’s a genuine superstar.’’

Keysborough announced on its social media channels that former Dandenong Stingrays and Casey and North Melbourne VFL player Morrison had signed.

The Burras said he was “in the prime of his career’’ and “one of the better players in Eastern Premier Division’’.

“Morro will help raise the standards at our club, he will work with the coaches and help develop the young key position players, he brings a huge amount of experience and quality to our football club,’’ Keysborough said.

But Noble Park football manager Steve Coats said Morrison was contracted to play with the Bulls this year.

He said he had been “very surprised’’ to hear Morrison had put pen to paper at Keysy.

“He’s a contracted player at Noble Park, very much a required player, very much a valuable player, very much a valued part of our footy club,’’ Coats said.

“Under no circumstances will Ryan Morrison be released.’’

Asked if Morrison had been disgruntled at Noble Park, Coats said: “We had a chat with Ryan in the last week in regards to his standards.’’

Morrison, regarded as one of the best key defenders in suburban football, returned to the Bulls in 2019 after spending one year with Norwood.

I’ll go early. Happy to make a fool of myself

Premier
Premiers: Doncaster East - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it has to happen eventually, doesn’t it?
Relegated: Berwick

D1
Premiers: South Belgrave - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it has to happen eventually, doesn’t it?
Relegated: Mooroolbark (tough, will be tight)

D2
Premiers: Boronia, walked it last year and even if others improve, won’t make up enough ground
Relegated: Lilydale

D3
Premiers: Donvale, Surrey Park might be up there too
Relegated: Warrandyte

D4
Premiers: Kilsyth
Spoon: CNMLOC

Don’t think I’ve really stuck my neck out anywhere, oh well

Last edited:

Premier
Premiers: Doncaster East - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it hasn’t to happen eventually, doesn’t it?

D1
Premiers: South Belgrave - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it hasn’t to happen eventually, doesn’t it?

D2
Premiers: Boronia, walked it last year and even if others improve, won’t make up enough ground

D3

D4

I like the courage mate! Berwick over the mass exodus at norwood is a big call, time will tell though

Warrandyte a bit stiff only having one bad year after coming up short in finals. They really shook things up and played 19s last year when they realized they wouldnt be up there at the top, i'll back them to bounce back

Cant see South belgrave losing again after the GF choke last year

Kilysth winning with old money bags van unen kicking a ton of goals like Silvan and Kimpton in 2022.

I like the courage mate! Berwick over the mass exodus at norwood is a big call, time will tell though

Warrandyte a bit stiff only having one bad year after coming up short in finals. They really shook things up and played 19s last year when they realized they wouldnt be up there at the top, i'll back them to bounce back

Cant see South belgrave losing again after the GF choke last year

Kilysth winning with old money bags van unen kicking a ton of goals like Silvan and Kimpton in 2022.

You obviously haven't seen Van Unan play recently.

Would be a bit of cat and mouse I think. Things change quickly and if the player sees he's genuinely not getting cleared, perhaps all parties can sit down and work out a plan where he plays and contributes rather than sitting the year out. Would depend on the individual and his maturity.

Has happened before

Noble Park vows to hold on to top defender Ryan Morrison​

Noble Park says Ryan Morrison is a contracted player and won’t be cleared to neighbouring club Keysborough.

March 24, 2022 - 4:30PM
Greater Dandenong Leader
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader.../101931fdfba2ee0eed9c248dd98708f0#share-tools
Noble Park has declared it will not release star fullback Ryan Morrison “under any circumstances’’.

Southern league Division 2 club Keysborough has lodged a clearance for Morrison after he signed with the club last night.

Keysy coach Chris Smith said today that the left-footer was eager to join friends playing at the Burra.

“We’re hopeful we can get it (transfer) done and across the line … we’ll see where it lands,’’ Smith said.

“The bottom line is he wants to play football with us. I don’t really know what’s happened there (Noble Park) and I don’t really want to get involved.

“All I know is he told us what he wants to do and we’ve put a clearance through for him because that’s what he wants, which is really, really exciting for us. He’s a genuine superstar.’’

Keysborough announced on its social media channels that former Dandenong Stingrays and Casey and North Melbourne VFL player Morrison had signed.

The Burras said he was “in the prime of his career’’ and “one of the better players in Eastern Premier Division’’.

“Morro will help raise the standards at our club, he will work with the coaches and help develop the young key position players, he brings a huge amount of experience and quality to our football club,’’ Keysborough said.

But Noble Park football manager Steve Coats said Morrison was contracted to play with the Bulls this year.

He said he had been “very surprised’’ to hear Morrison had put pen to paper at Keysy.

“He’s a contracted player at Noble Park, very much a required player, very much a valuable player, very much a valued part of our footy club,’’ Coats said.

“Under no circumstances will Ryan Morrison be released.’’

Asked if Morrison had been disgruntled at Noble Park, Coats said: “We had a chat with Ryan in the last week in regards to his standards.’’

Morrison, regarded as one of the best key defenders in suburban football, returned to the Bulls in 2019 after spending one year with Norwood.

So one minute he's a valuable and valued part of the club, then next minute they are having a chat about standards? Did he come back to pre season fat? I don't understand, and if so why would you want him assuming he doesn't want to be there

I thought the rule was if the player didn't owe fees or didn't have any club things in their possession the club couldn't say no.

Some clubs execs love sitting on a high horse, my brother played one game for a struggling club to fill in and they asked for full fees when he put in a transfer to play somewhere else the year after

So one minute he's a valuable and valued part of the club, then next minute they are having a chat about standards? Did he come back to pre season fat? I don't understand, and if so why would you want him assuming he doesn't want to be there

I thought the rule was if the player didn't owe fees or didn't have any club things in their possession the club couldn't say no.

Some clubs execs love sitting on a high horse, my brother played one game for a struggling club to fill in and they asked for full fees when he put in a transfer to play somewhere else the year after

Just saying, players have left, been denied a transfer and come back. They won the flag and he was full back in the team of the year so it obviously worked out.

A signed contract is a permitted reason to refuse a transfer. It’s basically just that if or a player owes the club money or property.

The refusal can be appealed, your brothers situation sounds ridiculous and should have been fixed.

Just saying, players have left, been denied a transfer and come back. They won the flag and he was full back in the team of the year so it obviously worked out.

A signed contract is a permitted reason to refuse a transfer. It’s basically just that if or a player owes the club money or property.

The refusal can be appealed, your brothers situation sounds ridiculous and should have been fixed.
Yep, very true, Wow sounds like a pain in the ass, hopefully they come to a arrangement

I think it was a new committee coming in trying to chase up lost fees, They came to a one game payment just to knock it on the head

Saying that trying to get cash out of players and vice versa would be a very tough job every club has to deal with now, not just the top division

There was more to this one. Physical alteration with another player, etc. therefore a chat about standards. All was sorted out & stayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then the cashed-up club can pay for them and they have been. It's been happening for years as many players have gone to Football Vic and lost. The contract is a legal document.
Except we didn't do that last year, even though it left us without a ruckman for the whole season. What's the point of having someone who doesn't want to be there?

Except we didn't do that last year, even though it left us without a ruckman for the whole season. What's the point of having someone who doesn't want to be there?
They let him go after discussions. I agree with why keep someone who doesn't want to be there and in saying that why have contracts? If they mean nothing then we don't need them.

Premier
Premiers: Doncaster East - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it hasn’t to happen eventually, doesn’t it?

D1
Premiers: South Belgrave - when you buy half the AFL and VFL it hasn’t to happen eventually, doesn’t it?

D2

D3

D4

Love this, here's mine

PREMIER
Premiers- East Ringwood vs DE
Spoon- Norwood
Surprise- Blackburn prelim

D1
Premiers- SB vs Montrose
spoon- Mooroolbark
Slide- Mitcham
D2
Premiers-Boronia vs Heathmont
Spoon- Lilydale
Surprise - East burwood prelim
D3
Premiers- Surrey Park vs donvale
Spoon- fairpark
Slide- Ferntree gulley
D4
Premiers- Chirnside park vs Scoresby
Spoon- Croydon north
Surprise- Kilsyth out in straight sets

Love this, here's mine

PREMIER
Spoon- Norwood

D1
Premiers- SB vs Montrose
spoon- Mooroolbark
Slide- Mitcham
D2
Spoon- Lilydale
D3
Spoon- fairpark
Slide- Ferntree gulley
D4
Spoon- Croydon north

ER is a good shout, they look to be building a very very strong squad.

What makes you think Mitcham will slide? They lost any?

I find Heathmont interesting. I think I read they had picked up plenty, but apparently they’ve lost some at the top end too. Hard to know but you’d think they’d be up there again. Hopefully somebody beats Boronia or at least really challenges them to make it interesting, but I can’t see it happening after they were so dominant last year.

Premier

D1

D2

D3

D4

Love this, here's mine

PREMIER
Spoon- Norwood
Surprise- Blackburn

D1
Premiers- SB vs Montrose
spoon- Mooroolbark

D2
Premiers-Boronia
Spoon- basin/Lilydale

D3
Premiers- Surrey
Spoon- fairpark

D4
Premiers- Chirnside
Spoon- Croydon north
ER is a good shout, they look to be building a very very strong squad.

What makes you think Mitcham will slide? They lost any?

I find Heathmont interesting. I think I read they had picked up plenty, but apparently they’ve lost some at the top end too. Hard to know but you’d think they’d be up there again. Hopefully somebody beats Boronia or at least really challenges them to make it interesting, but I can’t see it happening after they were so dominant last year.
bit rough on Mitcham hahahahaha still have them making finals, but felt like they had everything go right for them last year and haven't really picked up anyone compared to other teams.

Hoping for some more competition in div 2 aswell, Heathmont plenty of pickups just signed Mitch Jones yesterday ex eastern ranges. Waverly could be interesting heard they picked up Kyle viccars from Doncaster although Heathmont flogged them last year in the semi

Love this, here's mine

PREMIER
Spoon- Norwood

D1
Premiers- SB vs Montrose
spoon- Mooroolbark
Slide- Mitcham
D2
Spoon- Lilydale
D3
Spoon- fairpark
Slide- Ferntree gulley
D4
Spoon- Croydon north
Premier
GF- Donny East beats Rowville
Spoon - Norwood
Hot Take - Balwyn miss finals

Div 1
GF - South Belly beats Mitcham
Spoon - Doncaster
Hot Take - Wanny Sth make Prelim under new coach

Div 2
GF - Boronia beats Ringwood
Spoon - Templestowe
Hot Take - TEMPLESTOWE SPOON

Div 3
GF - Donvale beats Gully (again)
Spoon - Fairpark
Hot Take - Lachlan Young (FTG FULL BACK) kicks his first senior goal

Div 4
GF - Kilsyth beats Scoresby
Spoon - Forest Hill
Hot Take - Kangarams over 3.5 wins and Kilsyth go undefeated

Premier
Premiers: Doncaster East
Surprise: South Croydon back in finals

D1
Premiers: South Belgrave
Relegated: Park Orchards
Surprise: Relegated team will win 5 games

D2
Premiers: Boronia
Relegated: The Basin
Suprise: Waverley Blues to slide

D3
Premiers: Donvale easily wont lose a game
Relegated: Warrandyte 0-18
Surprise: FTG to miss finals

D4
Spoon: Forest Hill

Premier
Premiers: Doncaster East
Surprise: South Croydon back in finals

D1
Premiers: South Belgrave
Relegated: Park Orchards
Surprise: Relegated team will win 5 games

D2
Premiers: Boronia
Relegated: The Basin
Suprise: Waverley Blues to slide

D3
Premiers: Donvale easily wont lose a game
Relegated: Warrandyte 0-18
Surprise: FTG to miss finals

D4
For me

Prem
Doncaster East to beat Balwyn
Relegated: Norwood
Surprise: Vermont lose prelim

D1
SB to beat Mitcham
Relegated: Doncaster
Surprise: Beaconsfield lose prelim

D2
Croydon def Waverley
Relegated: Tempy
Surprise: Boronia lose prelim

D3
Donvale def Silvan
Relegated: Knox
Surprise: FTG lose prelim

D4
Chirnside def Kilsyth
Surprise: Whitehorse don’t make finals

Premier:

Premiers: Rowville to defeat Balwyn
Surprise: South Croydon back in the finals.

Division 1:

Premiers: South Belgrave to defeat Montrose
Relegated: Doncaster
Surprise: Doncaster to sadly do the double drop and will win less than 3 games.

Division 2:

Premiers: Boronia to defeat East Burwood
Relegated: Templestowe
Suprise: The Basin to play finals

Division 3:

Premiers: Donvale to defeat Oakleigh Districts
Surprise: UFG bottom 2.

Division 4:

Premiers: Kilsyth to defeat Scoresby
Surprise: Chirnside Park dominant all season and then out in straight sets.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back