NRL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive went with the Souths. Lost a few through injury but Inglis is playing and I think Morris is a much bigger out than everyone realises. Bulldogs dominated Wests because there forwards had a clear size advantage over them. Dont have the same luxury today.

Good value at 2.45

+30 units with two games to go on my first try scorer bets. :)

FWIW, I'm counting the Quinn bet even though I won't actually get money for it for my stats assessment. There have been three TAB bets where I haven't been able to get down to place the bets on but am still counting them as losses in my analysis even though I'm not actually losing the money. Evens itself out in the end I guess.

David Simmons @ $13, Anthony Quinn @ $11, Chris Lawrence @ $12 and Rhys Wesser @ $17 so far this round.

Spewing Simon Mannering was the second try scorer last night though, had him at $41.

What are you basing your analysis on Hoggy? A quick idea of what you're doing would be interesting.

It's very statistically based and uses career tries ratio, and also incorporates recent form. I then formulate the teams chances of scoring first, and work out true odds of each player (I don't go near named bench players). Then I place a unit on each player that I believe are overs.... Hence 6 players in quite a few games, but only 2 for the Newcastle game.

Got Tony Williams at $17 too! +41 units for the round with one to go!

Sitting on +41 units coming up to the final game of the round...here are the selections...

Brett Morris $8 @ Sportsbet (was $7 and I went to put the bet on and the odds went up! My "real" odds that I came up with for him are $3.68)
Jason Nightingale $9 @ Centrebet
Mark Gasnier $13 @ TAB
Matt Cooper $13 @ Sportsbet
Nathan Gardner $15 @ Sportsbet
Ben Creagh $26 @ Sportingbet

Besides Gardner, no other Sharks player came anywhere near close to qualifying, while Nathan Fien just missed out on qualifying as well for the Dragons.

Going to try and use centrebet's PYOL to back the all the dogs this week, 8 leg multi for approx $5 div. Not smart betting, but just something to watch over the weekend

PENRITH PANTHERS (+16.5) @ 1.23
BRISBANE BRONCOS (+18.5) @ 1.23

GOLD COAST TITANS (+19.5) @ 1.22
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS (+18.5) @ 1.23
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS (+18.5) @ 1.23
SOUTH SYDNEY (+16.5) @ 1.23
MANLY SEA EAGLES (+22.5) @ 1.23
CRONULLA SHARKS (+26.5) @ 1.21

Combined Dividend: 5.112

Damn you Titans :thumbsdown:

Might have another go at this next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work Hoggy!

Keep it up mate, your reasoning and logical value betting is very inspirational for a wannabe winning punter.. ME! :)

Value betting is the only way to bet and devising a system like yours for 1st try/goal scorer is smart and rewarding.

Please don't stop posting!

Your punting fan
locky

Great work Hoggy!

Keep it up mate, your reasoning and logical value betting is very inspirational for a wannabe winning punter.. ME! :)

Value betting is the only way to bet and devising a system like yours for 1st try/goal scorer is smart and rewarding.

Please don't stop posting!

Your punting fan
locky

Thanks for the kind words...very appreciated...hope you find a winner too.

Tally recap - Last round +35 - Season to date +38 - Winning % 63%

Parramatta vs South Sydney
Nathan Merritt $10 @ Sportsbet
Greg Inglis $11 @ Sportingbet
Jarrad Hayne $12 @ Sportsbet
Dylan Farrell $15 @ Sportsbet
Rhys Wesser $17 @ Centrebet
Issac Luke $26 @ Sportingbet

Gold Coast vs Brisbane
Jharal Yow Yeh $11 @ TAB
Steve Michaels $15 @ Sportingbet
Jack Reed $17 @ Centrebet
Matt Gillett $23 @ Sportingbet
Mark Minichiello $29 @ Sportsbet

Penrith vs Cronulla
Lachlan Coote $11 @ TAB
Michael Gordon $11 @ TAB
Michael Jennings $11 @ Centrebet
David Simmons $13 @ Centrebet

Wests Tigers vs Canberra
Lote Tuqiri $10 @ Sportsbet
Daniel Vidot $11 @ Centrebet
Chris Lawrence $12 @ Sportsbet
Joel Thompson $13 @ Centrebet
Benji Marshall $17 @ Centrebet

Second half of matches will follow hopefully Sunday morning...20 units on the line for Friday and Saturday's matches, with a maximum return of +65 units.

+3 for the night, +24 for the round halfway through with 3 winners.... Should see me infront for the round regardless which is always good. I've only done the early game so far... Can't remember who the bets were with but Brett Morris at $10 and Matt Cooper I think at $16 were the bets.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back