NRL Finals Farce

Remove this Banner Ad

red+black said:
The fact remains that the NRL, yes that's an N before the RL, lacks integrity given that the finals system is flawed and finals are not played at home venues.

It's laughable that the intellect, morals and sexuality of AFL players and followers can be questioned when the NRL has had the likes of Hopoate whom was sent to the scrap heap yet was allowed to rise again.

Coming from the GayFL which produced disgusting testicle munching. And they have that airhead drongo Wayne Carey as their greatest player. Seriously.

unsourced.. how convenient. Sydney is swept up in AFL hype and the papers saturated with what the public wants to read as the Swans take centre stage. The NRL will just have to wait until the season is over before they get on the back page again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By that logic, Melbourne Storm are more followed than any AFL team because the birth of Marcus Bai's daughter made the front page of the Herald Sun in 2003.

Argent said:
It's highly likely it will surpass the previous record, the 1996 AFL GF.
I believe that the record rests with the 2003 RWC final for a football match.

If you know differently, post a link.

BuffaloRules said:
I believe that the record rests with the 2003 RWC final for a football match.

If you know differently, post a link.
2003 RWC Final - 4,015,723

1996 AFL Grand Final - 3.3 million

God knows where to find any other data.

Geez it annoys me when I think I should be able to find absolutely anything and everything on the net, then I can't because it's probably not there. :mad:

cos789 said:
You must be a very lonely man .

Why don't you go over to tamatozoid's place ?

Stop being a dikc head, most people i know like RL, they never watch AFL.

Is that so hard to believe?

NSW is RL, doesn't matter how many comps the swans win, they'll always be in second place here.

Notice how i said second?

That means infront of RU and soccer, can you live with that?

swans player nic davis is a huge dragons supporter and shows just how much the perverted sydney life style has infected him.

the biggest farce about the nrl are the refs.

i saw two of the most ridiculous decisions in the storm game, the first was that try when bell lost the ball over the line with simpkins only 2 metres infront with an unobstructed view.

the second were the video refs who didn't award a penalty against sing for stripping the ball when it was so obvious.

nrl refs = plonkers.

ParraEelsNRL said:
most people i know like RL, they never watch AFL.

Is that so hard to believe?

Totally , that's why I suggest you go out and widen your circle of friends .
You may feel more relaxed and less inclined to bag everything you dislike .

Argent said:
Many will be in much surprise when they glance at the sports section today to see that Melbourne played the Cowboys in Sydney. They could even be forgiven for thinking this was a trial match when a crowd of 16,810, which included 20,000 free tickets, quarter filled the Sydney Football Stadium. Inside sources say that the crowd was a far cry from the quoted figure, but we'll leave that argument for another day.

More disconcerting for Rugby League followers must be the comments of NRL CEO David Gallop. He came out on Friday and declared it was played in Sydney to "ensure the integrity of the game". One can only gather from such a comment that it would have been even further embarassment to play this finals match down in the Southern Capital. This pseudo national sporting competition is trying to pass itself off as a national league, yet to ensure the integrity of the game, finals matches musn't be played outside of Sydney. It's a sad endictment of this code struggling to break through the ever shrinking boundaries of its geographic heartland..
In 100 years it has left its geographic heartland in England to develop into a sport that is played at pro/semi-pro level in 5 countries. AFL, in the same 100 years, has expanded at that level .... to just up the highway.

cos789 said:
yeah exactly. if you just keep widening your circle of friends you're bound to come across somebody who follows AFL... (eventually)...

cos789 said:

How was i bagging anything?

I said i didn't watch and i don't know anyone who did, you could say the same about RL over in WA, it's not bagging it, it's telling the truth.

And also i said AFL was 2nd in Sydney, as far as i'm concerned, that is anything but bagging it.

I do get about, not as much as i should, but i'm no hermit. ;)

copa said:
In 100 years it has left its geographic heartland in England to develop into a sport that is played at pro/semi-pro level in 5 countries. AFL, in the same 100 years, has expanded at that level .... to just up the highway.

Yes ythat's correct but , but RL doesn't compare with RU around the world and nothing remotely compares with soccer .

It's a sad thing that Australian Football was the first football code to be organised as club football as we know it today and to spread internationally.
History says Australian Football it not played in states and countries to the degree it once was .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ParraEelsNRL said:
I do get about, not as much as i should

I understand what you're been saying perfectly .
But there are a huge number of people who follow Australian Football in Sydney . You're not knowing any of them means little and probably that you really should get out more in the real world ..

Tamazoid said:
Coming from the GayFL which produced disgusting testicle munching. And they have that airhead drongo Wayne Carey as their greatest player. Seriously.

That doesn't put Dally Messenger in a good light then does it .
He played Australian Football for a long time as was common at his time .

cos789 said:
But there are a huge number of people who follow Australian Football in Sydney . You're not knowing any of them means little and probably that you really should get out more in the real world ..

Do you ever stop with the BS?

Seriously do you think you're better than everyone else here on the RL board or something?

Everytime i say anything, you're usually the 1st in here to have a crack and scream blue murder, grow up.

Do i go out into the main forum and start posts bagging AFL?

You live in Perth i gather, so how the hell would you know what people are watching and playing in Sydney?

All you do is listen to the media and believe everything that is written it in the papers, it's all BS, The swans would be lucky to have the same ammount of support in Sydney as a team like Cronulla.

Ofcourse the media is going to big it up, haven't you ever heard of spin?

The ratings for Sydney games during the year should be looked at for their popularity, not some 1 off events.

The swans play Saturday nights all the time in Sydney, yet their ratings are sh t, there is no RL on FTA up against it, if they are as big as you keep saying they are, why do shows like iron chef and chicken run continually beat it?

1 off events tend to have people watching, it will be no different this weekend, after that, everything back to normal(thank god)

Go the Eels. :thumbsu:

cos789 said:
Yes ythat's correct but , but RL doesn't compare with RU around the world and nothing remotely compares with soccer .

It's a sad thing that Australian Football was the first football code to be organised as club football as we know it today and to spread internationally.
History says Australian Football it not played in states and countries to the degree it once was .
True... Aussie Rules is dying.

copa said:
True... Aussie Rules is dying.

No , it died out overseas quite some time ago , but is quite healthy and expanding or regaining it's prescence .

Now the RL is positioned as a domestic and international game .
It too is in a healthy position domestically .
Internationally it wont expand without working on it .

ParraEelsNRL said:
Do you ever stop with the BS?

parafeel you're the one implying that because you don't know anyone personally that follows Australian Football that it must be a non entity .
That suggests YOUR opinion is worth more than anyone else's .
I'm just pointing out the fallacy of you argument .
Don't get upset because you can't follow simple logic .

cos789 said:
parafeel you're the one implying that because you don't know anyone personally that follows Australian Football that it must be a non entity .
That suggests YOUR opinion is worth more than anyone else's .
I'm just pointing out the fallacy of you argument .
Don't get upset because you can't follow simple logic .

You think i should know AFL followers simply because i live near Sydney?

You've lost the plot.

Atleast i live in the state you are referring too, i know whats going on in NSW, not some know all know nothing living across the other side of the country.

cos789 said:
"huge numbers" is just a 'feel good' statement that leaves AFL supporters in AFL states feeling all warm & fuzzy inside... but it does nothing to progress the endless discussion.

cos789 said:
No , it died out overseas quite some time ago , but is quite healthy and expanding or regaining it's prescence .
Obviously so insignificant that nobody notices the ups and downs of Aussie Rules overseas.... it sounds like very few people know what the state of the nation is o/s for Aussie Rules which means unfortunately its probably not a discussion we can sensibly have on here.

Now the RL is positioned as a domestic and international game .
It too is in a healthy position domestically .
Internationally it wont expand without working on it .
Internationally, RL has gained lost ground from the SL war and is now firmly re-establishing itself at that level.. the TriNations has been an outstanding success.

cos789 said:
He wasnt implying anything... he pretty much said straight out the blindingly obvious... that AFL in Sydney is nothing more than a sideshow who gets its day in the sun for 1 off event style Swans matches such as Grand Finals.

littleduck said:
He wasnt implying anything... he pretty said straight out the blindingly obvious... that AFL in Sydney is nothing more than a sideshow who gets its day in the sun for 1 off event style Swans matches such as Grand Finals.

haha, atleast someone knew what i was talking about. ;)

You going to the Tri Nations match in Sydney?

I'll be buying my tix tomorrow, look forward to getting p issed as with the Kangaroo army.

Should be a good night.

littleduck said:
"huge numbers" is just a 'feel good' statement that leaves AFL supporters in AFL states feeling all warm & fuzzy inside... but it does nothing to progress the endless discussion.

70k crowd to a game is huge numbers oh great doctor of spin .
414k peak ratings is a lot of people .
A lot of people do follow and support Australian Football in Sydney and Brisbane . get over it and stop worrying about exactly what percentage of the population it is .

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL Finals Farce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back