NRL v AFL.. are people serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

philhawk said:
Sure, so would I.

But when it's absolutely pouring with rain, <10 degrees and terrible wind conditions, you'd still go to the match?

if freo were playing? hell yes! thats why god invented ponchos.

All sport fanatics in Sydney are fair-weather supporters. The Swans would've only drawn 40K I reckon.

The Broncos crowd was excellent....

Ricardo said:
Littleduck...which is the 'favourite' timeslot for Broncos supporters to see a game...did you say it was Sat or Sun afternoon.....cause many supporters turnout in greater numbers in a timeslot they are used to..
Sunday afternoon is better. Saturday afternoon is terrible for everyone and no game is ever scheduled in that timeslot, not even during the home n away season.

Ain't it great AFL supporters keep talking about Rugby League? Keep it up guys, nice to see all of you taking an interest!
Go the Mighty Bulldogs!!! What a great victory! Was pouring all night, hail and bloody freezing but that didn't stop me (The flu might from going work on monday now LOL)... Graham we had the best seats of the house and we still got DRENCHED!! They don't open the top sections of the stadium (The seats undercover)...

Guys keep the Rugby League talk up!! Great to see!!!!!

1908 said:
Novelty week is it boys? Run out of topics?
How original AFL supporters bagging league and claiming world domination:rolleyes:
Cant help yourself eh? Troll I like your avitar 1908 it always reminds me that our game of Australian Football is 50 years older than your imported pommie game:D Even if it was snowing in Melbourne you would never get only 14,000 to a final at the MCG!

gandaal said:
I like League. Its best is still no where near a good AFL match (then what is?) but I can still sit down and watch it. Still I doubt they'd ever be a real threat to the AFL.

I used to watch and play league, but now I can't stand it.:thumbsdown:

Finders wrote:
Cant help yourself eh? Troll I like your avitar 1908 it always reminds me that our game of Australian Football is 50 years older than your imported pommie game Even if it was snowing in Melbourne you would never get only 14,000 to a final at the MCG!

Blah, Blah, Blah.:rolleyes:

I hope it also reminds you that we have been playing internationally since 1908 as well....goose.

PS. RL was formed in 1895.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricardo said:
Around 30k would be a good turnout between these two sides.....the Raiders being very low drawers in Sydney, even though they are pretty close...but draw similarly to the Storm (well, not quite that bad).

50k+ to the Brisb v StG game is good.....i forgot...Littleduck...which is the 'favourite' timeslot for Broncos supporters to see a game...did you say it was Sat or Sun afternoon.....cause many supporters turnout in greater numbers in a timeslot they are used to..

It was a game in Canberra and that is a very good crowd for Canberra.

I went to the Swans Eagles game at Subiaco and I can tell you that nothing would've stopped that being a capaity crowd rain , snow , sleet or whatever . I just wish my rels from Sydney had the opportunity to go .
I black sheep asked when the NRL game was on TV . Disappointed when I said "1 a.m." . Even the pubs weren't showing NRL because of level the AFL finals interest . We all watched the last quater three times over .
One of the greatest games I've see .

:thumbsu:

Drizzle can't sell out a final at Olympic Park.
Victory get double Olympic Park's capacity to a home and away match.

Gosford Storm here we come!

I don't like the (NRL) Bulldogs, and I don't particularly follow rugby league all that closely; but in their defence it was an exceptionally wet and cold day yesterday.
I was at a local Sydney AFL grand final at Henson Park yesterday, and it was an absolute quagmire on the field and freezing cold and wet. No-one but the diehards would bother going out to any event in that weather.

Having said that, the trend in Sydney seems to be that NRL crowds drop off when it's wet but the Swans' crowds tend to hold up. Maybe the critical factor there is that Swans' crowds are more likely to be season tickets and pre-purchased tickets so the financial commitment's already been made, while NRL has a much-higher proportion of walk-ups who won't bother when it's wet or cold or hot or there's trackwork. Or maybe it's just that AFL fans in Sydney, although fewer in number than rugby league fans, are more hardcore.

1908 said:
Finders wrote:

Blah, Blah, Blah.:rolleyes:

I hope it also reminds you that we have been playing internationally since 1908 as well....goose.

PS. RL was formed in 1895.
Hey troll "international" RL is a known joke in sporting circles.

AFL finals first week Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide 237,136

Thugby Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne 104,570 and nearly half of this total was at Suncorp Brisbane:thumbsdown:

Or the fact that their was a LIVE double header on channel nine showing the Bulldogs v Canberra and Brisbane-St.George game. But that wouldn't have any influence would it.;)

Glory and Fame said:
I don't like the (NRL) Bulldogs, and I don't particularly follow rugby league all that closely; but in their defence it was an exceptionally wet and cold day yesterday.

But you are pretty well asured of getting an undercover seat .
i don't see the problem .

Glory and Fame said:
I.
I was at a local Sydney AFL grand final at Henson Park yesterday, and it was an absolute quagmire on the field and freezing cold and wet. .

Good new is that the Sydney AFL is expanding to at least ten teams next year , excluding the need for a bye .
Also the new AFL stadium will be online soon .

1908 said:
Or the fact that their was a LIVE double header on channel nine showing the Bulldogs v Canberra and Brisbane-St.George game. But that wouldn't have any influence would it.

Should it ?

The AFL finals were all shown live against the gate !

Why is international RL a joke?
I can recall from last years tri-nations final NZ captain Ruben Wiki with tears rolling down his face, you tell him international league is a joke. You know absolutely NOTHING of the games history yet you come up with an endless stream of rubbish.
You have some serious problems mate.
Australian player from the 1930's
12.jpg

France v Australia in Toulouse
03_bk.jpg

Georgia v Netherlands in Tbilsi
normal_IMG_4173.jpg

Leaping Englishman Eric Batten
16.jpg

Russian club side Strela Kazan
1_1145942691.jpg

Triumphant 1951 French team return home after 1951 tour - street parade
canebi%E8re.jpg

Good new is that the Sydney AFL is expanding to at least ten teams next year , excluding the need for a bye .
Also the new AFL stadium will be online soon

That's great mate, maybe the Swans reserves won't have to play in the ACT next year.;)

1908 said:
Why is international RL a joke?
I can recall from last years tri-nations final NZ captain Ruben Wiki with tears rolling down his face,

Personally I don't go for all the teary eyed bit .
Much prefer the MOL rant to the WCE cheer squad .
Did you see that .?
Now that's emotion .

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL v AFL.. are people serious?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back