Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Suns v Lions Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (People First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns simply must win this for their own soul.

I thought they’d never have us served up to them on a platter more than they did earlier in the year where we had two ACLs, a concussion and no bench for most of the game.

They blew that one. But surely they can’t blow this one at home when we have literally zero key defenders.

They simply can’t and won’t lose this. Otherwise it’s a genuine existential moment for that club.

Wow, what a gutsy win by the Lions. We had no business winning this on paper.

The Suns though… yeesh. Like I said… it’s becoming all a bit existential at this point.

Suns fans booing Dew?

Really? Really????

No sympathy for them now. Get some culture ffs or get used to the beautiful sound of that Lions chant echoing around Carrara.

Big brother supreme.

Suns really just don’t have any identity or soul, which is a shame because it’d be good for QLD football.

They can do well when the pressure isn’t on, as soon as finals is a possibility they just chalk.

Brisbane too good. Not sure what the answers are for Gold Coast, perhaps midfield is overrated and forward line is poor bar King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That QClash was almost worse than the ones where we get demolished. Clinging on on the scoreboard for 4 quarters and missing so many crucial opportunities to the point where you can say we should have/could have won is awful. That result puts us as huge long shots for finals, we would have to go undefeated from here to sniff them. I can't give up hope till we truly are out of it but that really dimmed things.

It may not be the time to say this but just remember how young we are, there are 8 players in the 23 with minimal experience and they all look like they could be serious players. If we just miss finals with such a young squad and more kids to come in Walter, Rogers, Read, Lombard and Uwland, the future is undeniably bright.

Two rucks didn’t really work for me, we couldn’t pressure the Lions defenders and while the contested marks they took were very strong, they didn’t seem to slow the Big O whatsoever at stoppage. This would be easier to take if Lukosius was remotely competitive at ground level or a serious leaper. I would happily send him to Adelaide, he doesn’t fit the gameplan and his talent isn’t worth the downsides. Let Walter/Day be the second tall and get another small in there to get the pressure up.
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...h-ii-review-im-sick-of-rueing-missed-chances/

Net 0 goals for Ben King against our sole key defender Eric Hipwood :$ :$ :$ :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Suns v Lions Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (People First)

Back