NSW Catholic schools looking to dump Rugby League

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say the AFL, due to it having control of their own dealings are near the top of their potential. League is only half way to it's true potential .

You are very selective in your logic .
The AFL still has potential growth in Australia mainly in NSW and QLD which you like claim wholly as rl .Australian Football has potential internationally especially in countries close by like the PNG which you like to claim wholly as rl .There is huge potential in the RSA already evidenced in the early numbers and NZ is probably the most under rated yet NZ are have been world champions recently along with PNG . We have seen legitimate pathways developed . The NT are playing in the QAFL along with many PNG players .
More PNG players in the new Tasmanian state league .As well we have players recruited from Ireland ,Canada , NZ and Fiji to name a few .
Australian Football still has an indeterminate way to go .

rl ? That's a different story .

I guess none of you watched the Offsiders this morning?

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/

About 15 or 20 minutes in the played a grab from a radio call on Fox FM during the week in which a girl admits she had sex with an AFL player and his mates joined in. This took place in the presidents house!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right boys ignore it and it will go away. No claims for an investigation into AFL culture, I guarantee you you will find something you won't like.

Such double standards. No claims for Michael O'Loughlin to be called into account for what happened in Adelaide around the time the Cronulla case happened.

Hypocrites.

:eek:
You are very selective in your logic .
The AFL still has potential growth in Australia mainly in NSW and QLD which you like claim wholly as rl .Australian Football has potential internationally especially in countries close by like the PNG which you like to claim wholly as rl .There is huge potential in the RSA already evidenced in the early numbers and NZ is probably the most under rated yet NZ are have been world champions recently along with PNG . We have seen legitimate pathways developed . The NT are playing in the QAFL along with many PNG players .
More PNG players in the new Tasmanian state league .As well we have players recruited from Ireland ,Canada , NZ and Fiji to name a few .
Australian Football still has an indeterminate way to go .

rl ? That's a different story .

:eek: You honestly believe this don't you...I thought so..................

<shrug> outside niche ex pat and fanboy markets i can't see Australian rules being anything other than an Australian phenomena.

But it is the premier football code in the country by a long shot, but attendance, membership, NATIONAL television viewing.

It does have growth in NSW and southern Qld, but it does have a long way to go to catch NRL if it ever does.

NRL has NO chance outside NSW and southern Qld.

Whilst you all claim John's took advantage of the 19 year old girl and are disgusted.

Are none of you disgusted in an international soccer player having SEX WITH A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!

Fair dinkum.

<shrug> outside niche ex pat and fanboy markets i can't see Australian rules being anything other than an Australian phenomena.

But it is the premier football code in the country by a long shot, but attendance, membership, NATIONAL television viewing.

It does have growth in NSW and southern Qld, but it does have a long way to go to catch NRL if it ever does.

NRL has NO chance outside NSW and southern Qld.

Sure it is, go and tell the people of Newcastle and the Hunter Valley it is........sure you may get some strange looks but hey, just tell them to see the AFL PR department to set them straight.

No claims for Michael O'Loughlin to be called into account for what happened in Adelaide around the time the Cronulla case happened.

Maybe it's because O'Loughlin wasn't even interviewed or questioned by police and being named as being in the company of two accused is slightly different to coming into someone elses hotel room to partake in a gang bang.

Just a thought.

Ask yourself this - would you stop watching the AFL or any other league you love because of something ala Matty Johns? The resounding answer would be no. So why do you think people who like the NRL will? I hardly think a few people on NRL Street Talk saying they've stopped watching it is a measure of anything more serious.

You're missing the point. It's about the undecided people, mothers, etc.

And yet soccer is the sport that mother's love.

Now will mother's want their 13 year old daughter's around them?

Oh that's right no hysteria or sensationalism from the media, quickly buried, infact no mention in the paper at all today. Though there were plenty of stories about a legal act that occured 7 years ago.

Whilst you all claim John's took advantage of the 19 year old girl and are disgusted.

Are none of you disgusted in an international soccer player having SEX WITH A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!

Fair dinkum.
It is a matter currently subject to criminal charges.

You really should learn to use the word "allegedly".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's because O'Loughlin wasn't even interviewed or questioned by police and being named as being in the company of two accused is slightly different to coming into someone elses hotel room to partake in a gang bang.

Just a thought.

Here's a thought? Is it possible the clubs paid the girl off for her to go away......say $200,000......just a thought;)

Oh that's right no hysteria or sensationalism from the media, quickly buried, infact no mention in the paper at all today. Though there were plenty of stories about a legal act that occured 7 years ago.

Difference is the A-League player acted alone (assuming he is guilty) and as far as i know nothing like this has ever happend before. Compare that too the Johns group sex incident where half the team was involved.

Fair dinkum.
Who condoned sex with a 13 year old? Point out who or stop making stupid accusations.

In any case, the creep is suspended from the NRL for the season; if only the AFL or NRL took such stringent measures when players transgressed.

Whinging about attitudes towards incidents in other sports isn't going to change the situation at all.

I have had a look at LU over the past few days and the overwhelming opinion over there is one of a siege mentality - they are out to get us, what about the scandals in the AFL, the media needs to get off RL's back, etc, etc. In other words, denial.

Rugby League has a major image problem at the moment, like it or lump it, and deflecting attention elsewhere isn't going to change a thing.

Fix what you can (ie those things that need attention within your own game) and forget about the external things you can't change (particularly the media and the other codes). Otherwise, the status quo remains.

And the difference in the Brett Stewart case is????????????????
I have never commented about Brett Stewart. And if I did, I would be very careful on my use of words because it is subject to charges.

The fact that others may be sloppy in their commenting on that situation is no excuse for you to do the same here.
Oh that's right he was a rugby league player.
A perfect example of the siege mentality (bordering on paranoia) that I was referring to in my previous post!

Whinging about attitudes towards incidents in other sports isn't going to change the situation at all.

I have had a look at LU over the past few days and the overwhelming opinion over there is one of a siege mentality - they are out to get us, what about the scandals in the AFL, the media needs to get off RL's back, etc, etc. In other words, denial.

Rugby League has a major image problem at the moment, like it or lump it, and deflecting attention elsewhere isn't going to change a thing.

Fix what you can (ie those things that need attention within your own game) and forget about the external things you can't change (particularly the media and the other codes). Otherwise, the status quo remains.

And that is what irks me with these RL posters, they act like ferals on their site but that is not enough they have to come over here and bring their insecurities with them...:thumbsdown:

And that is what irks me with these RL posters, they act like ferals on their site but that is not enough they have to come over here and bring their insecurities with them...:thumbsdown:

To be fair 1908 is probably the best RL poster on LU. He rarely if ever resorts to the homophobic insults which arethe norm on that forum.

Rugby League fans are obsessed with gay people for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW Catholic schools looking to dump Rugby League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back