Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than having to travel down to Wonthaggi on a sunday to play an elimination final!!!

Nug or someone, good game in the one's today?

Not really Sale City should have won by more, they had the control of the play for most of the day and I think the saving grace for Gormandale was the tightness of the Woodside ground. Gormandale also made the mistake of picking injured players (IMO) in Renton and Stockdale. Sale City controlled most of the play and didn't do enough with there oppurtunities.

You could tell Gormandale missed Richards, this threw there structure out and forced Downdes to play deep. Sale City's defence does look a little suspect though and both Rosedale's and Gormandales big key forwards if they play may find them out in the grand final, but then you could say Citys slickness in the centre may find the other two out in the grand final.

In City's favour was the fact Hider only played a quarter. Mclay did not play and they had to force Schuey up the ground. Carstairs was good up forward but may miss the grand final because of an incident. Jacob Milham carried them through some tough patches and a couple of big torpedoes got the crowd up and about.

Overall a pretty standard qualifying final with City probably wanting the win more than Gormandale.

Nah Leigh happy to just play, No on Makey.

There are a few names being thrown around, Tim Darby would be the most popular pick at the moment, but there is a real possibility that the coach may come from outside the club, the name I have heard is probably unrealistic so wont put it on here unless it works out.

I am fully expecting some decent recruits though for next year,3 or 4 from Gippy league will really help the lack of height of recent times, if we get them that is!

Good time of year the finals, always seeing blokes talking to players from other clubs and sounding each other out about next year.

Any names for Heyfiled gig yet Nugget?

Hopefully appoint a coach this week if not definitely next week, will be from outside the club.

Once you don't go deep into the finals it is always a good time to sit back and find out exactly what your club needs. A few key position players will help our cause and a couple of mature bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would hope they are all still there. It is the club responsibility to ensure they all stay. All are young and all have come with the intention of staying.
If i get stood down will they follow me?
My theory on that is simple..... If they all leave because i am not coaching then the club should keep me as it proves the playing group respects what i am doing and where we are going. If those players don't want me then i should be replaced with a gun playing coach.
I do want to coach this club and make them better but if the players don't want to continue to play for me then i should go. That goes for any club and any coach. The worst thing in football is a coaching trying to convince the club he is the right person. I love coaching Stratty but if they don't want me i will go. Simple.
The following list are the players we have recruited and there age showing that they all came with a long term intention

Noel Jansz - 23
Nick Farley - 24
Chris Camm - 28
Brad Rogers - 28
Brett Hudson - 23
Jon Taylor - 25
Anthony Goodes - 27
Ben Hurley - 23
Chris Hudson - 25
Luke Klasen - 19
Dylan Bolton - 20

I would hope 80% of that list is still playing in 2 years time regardless of who is coaching and hopefully are playing with 2 HIGH quality players. Throw that in with the kids coming through and the already there players like Light and Nicholls and i do believe there is hope. Again the club needs and relizes we need to pay to get two high quality players.

Hope that answers the question Nuggett.

By the way Nugget if i bowl medium pace you shouldn't have kept up to the stumps in your GCL game. You might have been able to grasp a couple. hahaha

Gee what happened here!!! had the right idea Hendo but it didn't work out...

One player in that list has played for Stratford this year (Goodes) just shows you how much teams can change over the course of a season and essentially what a battle stratford have on there hands retaining players.

Well boys, any predictions for the Grand Final? I have a funny feeling that Rosedale are going to do the unthinkable and come from 5th to win the flag!

Rosedale seem to have the right form at the moment and even from an early deficit in the preliminary final showed there class to overhaul Gormandale and eventually blow them away. Where as Sale City have been the top performed side for the year, they would have gained confidence with there win against Gormandale at Woodside.

Rosedale will need to stay competitive in the midfield if they are to win, if they can shut the run and easy ball movement forward from City they are a definite chance. The Rosedale forwards will pose a problem for Sale City who lack height in defence and will miss Troy Carstairs immensely, may have to make some structual changes to counteract this which is not ideal. I also believe that Rosedale do have the defenders and flexibility to shut down players like Milham, Lutze, Mclay and Schuback.

Tipping Rosedale in a big upset by 30 points.

Will be interesting, recent history in North Gippy points to hard contested style Grand Final's but these teams dont usually win in that matter.

Based on what I saw against both these teams this year, Rosedale won twice against Churchill and lost once, Sale smashed us twice and it was the ease of these victories which impressed me.

Sale to win by 8 goals

Is Macreadie able to play for Rosedale? Could make a difference if he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back