Nth Gippsland Football League p2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a rumour going around that he may have been offered a coaching position at mirboo north but he has definately still be training out at gormandale.

Heard yesterday that TTU had 53 blokes at training a few days ago. Anyone confirm this?
If so, not bad numbers for this time of year.

What is the situation with Boisdale Briag? Heard they might have been in a bit of trouble numbers wise?

That is great news for TTU if true, lets hope they get back on there feet after a slow few years.

Boisdale will be fine have picked up some young players and are trying to run a good program out there from what I am told.

I notice the clearances are up, interesting to see that Darryl Mayman and Luke Carpenter have both been cleared from Rosedale. Two of there best young and important players leaving.

Hey guys noticed TTU have alot of players getting cleared from the Gippsland league, surely they will be one of the teams to beat this season.
Cant help but to wonder though whether they same thing could happen as season 2004, after winning the flag the money dried up and all their big recruits looked elsewhere.
Any other suprises with clearances?
Looks as though it could be a very even season.

Unless City lose a stack of key players in the next month, then it will be clear daylight from them to the rest. TTU have recruited well, but they are also coming from a fair way back, but if the key recruits in Aitken, Hawking and the Grahams stay fit they will be one of the teams that could make it hard for City.

City have lost a couple as quiet as they seem to have kept it. At least four out of their premiership team plus a couple of the best reserve players they had will make a dent in their team.
Time will tell how they present themselves for the season proper but im sure with the quality of players they have they wiil still be hard to topple.
Cowwarr look to be picking up some good players, coming from a fair way back though its always good to see the smaller teams bringing in some decent footballers.
Hopefully Stratfords new senior players {Marsden,Scicluna Pendergast} give the younger players something to strive towards, somehow they seem to keep producing very good young players who arent prepared to stick around for the hard years that could turn everything around.
All they need is for the younger guys from the past thrree seasons to stick together for a while to become a good side, hope they work it out pretty soon because too much longer and they could see themselves in trouble.

Hey guys noticed TTU have alot of players getting cleared from the Gippsland league, surely they will be one of the teams to beat this season.
Cant help but to wonder though whether they same thing could happen as season 2004, after winning the flag the money dried up and all their big recruits looked elsewhere.
Good point. Could easily happen. Knowing some of the players they have picked up, very few of them would solve multi-year contracts, as they are the type to keep their options open.

Talent wise, they should be one of the top 2 or 3 sides, but like the Miami Heat, team chemistry might be an issue, as some of the recruits are very much individuals, rather than team first players.

Any other suprises with clearances?
Looks as though it could be a very even season.

I am not being critical of people on here, but to my knowledge TTU have picked up Chris Graham, Tim Aitken and Daniel Hawking. All quality players who are proven performers at NGFNL level and above.

Just logging onto the NGFNL website and tracking the players recruited they are mostly from Traralgon seconds and thirds?? I don't associate with Traralgon or know there players so who else will see them rise?

I expect a player like Brian Graham to be very good for them this year, but this is his first year of senior football and him like others they have recruited may take time to adjust. Judging by what peopel are saying have they picked up players of similar ability to him??

We have to remember they finished second last in 2010 and have alot of ground to gain on the clubs above them.

Adam Brander is playing in Morninton whilst Clint Counahan is at Wy Yung, I am hearing a rumour of one of there best players going to Sale but won't confirm. The only player that i heard apart from them three leaving was Stefan Mapleson which I am led to believe is not true.

Sale City are the side to beat.

I am not being critical of people on here, but to my knowledge TTU have picked up Chris Graham, Tim Aitken and Daniel Hawking. All quality players who are proven performers at NGFNL level and above.

Just logging onto the NGFNL website and tracking the players recruited they are mostly from Traralgon seconds and thirds?? I don't associate with Traralgon or know there players so who else will see them rise?

I expect a player like Brian Graham to be very good for them this year, but this is his first year of senior football and him like others they have recruited may take time to adjust. Judging by what peopel are saying have they picked up players of similar ability to him??

We have to remember they finished second last in 2010 and have alot of ground to gain on the clubs above them.

Adam Brander is playing in Morninton whilst Clint Counahan is at Wy Yung, I am hearing a rumour of one of there best players going to Sale but won't confirm. The only player that i heard apart from them three leaving was Stefan Mapleson which I am led to believe is not true.

Sale City are the side to beat.

TTU Players picked up.
T.Aikten - Should be 60+ full forward in NGFL
D.Hawking - Handy forward who is a bit inconsistent
Chris Graham - Midfielder who can play but is a bit of a headcase.
Brian Graham - Midfielder/Fwd - Is a gun and will be a great NGFL player
Guy Sinclair - CHB/Ruck - Played nearly every game in Tgon seniors is a good player
Luke Middleton - CHB/Ruck - Hasnt played much footy over the last 2 years due to a knee reco.
Scott Zuelkhe - Wing. Played Tgon seniors last year will be a good NGFL player
Sky Hammer - Midfield.Tgon 3rd captain 2 yrs ago. Played Tgon seniors last year.
Chris Dunn - FP - Tgon 2nds player will struggle in NGFL
Luke Blackwood - Ruck - Tgon 2nds player will struggle
Tyler Mustoe - Fwd/Back -Played Tgon seniors. Potentially be a good player
Josh Diaz - BP -Tgon 3rds last year could be a good player
Leigh O'Mara - BP - Tgon 2nds player who wont play seniors
Jesse Slezwick - Tgon 3rds player, Could be a really good player.

Its hard to say if these players will make TTU a premiership chance but they will definetly have the most depth in the league if they get a few injuries.
I predict TTU to finish 2nd or 3rd

TTU Players picked up.
T.Aikten - Should be 60+ full forward in NGFL
D.Hawking - Handy forward who is a bit inconsistent
Chris Graham - Midfielder who can play but is a bit of a headcase.
Brian Graham - Midfielder/Fwd - Is a gun and will be a great NGFL player
Guy Sinclair - CHB/Ruck - Played nearly every game in Tgon seniors is a good player
Luke Middleton - CHB/Ruck - Hasnt played much footy over the last 2 years due to a knee reco.
Scott Zuelkhe - Wing. Played Tgon seniors last year will be a good NGFL player
Sky Hammer - Midfield.Tgon 3rd captain 2 yrs ago. Played Tgon seniors last year.
Chris Dunn - FP - Tgon 2nds player will struggle in NGFL
Luke Blackwood - Ruck - Tgon 2nds player will struggle
Tyler Mustoe - Fwd/Back -Played Tgon seniors. Potentially be a good player
Josh Diaz - BP -Tgon 3rds last year could be a good player
Leigh O'Mara - BP - Tgon 2nds player who wont play seniors
Jesse Slezwick - Tgon 3rds player, Could be a really good player.

Its hard to say if these players will make TTU a premiership chance but they will definetly have the most depth in the league if they get a few injuries.
I predict TTU to finish 2nd or 3rd

Thanks for the info, as I said it is a big call to say they will finish second or third on the back of the recruits I have seen go to them this year. Especially from where they finished last year, second last.

Aitken is a bear, but I dont see him influcing games like a Josh King or Adrian Cox can by playing midfield or centre half forward. He will rely on the midfielders to get it to him. The same can be said of Hawking who is freakish by nature. They will ultimately still rely on the midfielders to get it there, this is where I think TTU will struggle whilst Zuelhlke, Hammer, Mustoe and Sinclair are all consistent players there records and number of times they were in the best for Traralgon seconds and seniors seem to indicate they weren't having a great effect on senior football at there level.

As I have said previously you are coming up against some very talented players in other teams especially in the midfield. Whilst the NGFNL is a lesser league I would say that Sale Citys starting midfield was superior to Sale's senior midfield last year. That is what they are up against

Both the Grahams are good footballers and I have watched them both over the last few years, they both are probably more outside players and have had been able to expose opposition through there skills and football knowledge. I am just not too sure whether Tyers will have the back up midfielders to make there potent forward line operate at its best.

Having said that they (TTU) are getting good numbers to training and obvioulsy there depth will improve, I hope they do well and that the club continues to improve and seek success over a sustained period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the info, as I said it is a big call to say they will finish second or third on the back of the recruits I have seen go to them this year. Especially from where they finished last year, second last.

Aitken is a bear, but I dont see him influcing games like a Josh King or Adrian Cox can by playing midfield or centre half forward. He will rely on the midfielders to get it to him. The same can be said of Hawking who is freakish by nature. They will ultimately still rely on the midfielders to get it there, this is where I think TTU will struggle whilst Zuelhlke, Hammer, Mustoe and Sinclair are all consistent players there records and number of times they were in the best for Traralgon seconds and seniors seem to indicate they weren't having a great effect on senior football at there level.

As I have said previously you are coming up against some very talented players in other teams especially in the midfield. Whilst the NGFNL is a lesser league I would say that Sale Citys starting midfield was superior to Sale's senior midfield last year. That is what they are up against

Both the Grahams are good footballers and I have watched them both over the last few years, they both are probably more outside players and have had been able to expose opposition through there skills and football knowledge. I am just not too sure whether Tyers will have the back up midfielders to make there potent forward line operate at its best.

Having said that they (TTU) are getting good numbers to training and obvioulsy there depth will improve, I hope they do well and that the club continues to improve and seek success over a sustained period.

If TTU have all those players in their side they will smash any North Gippy team. Traralgon reserves would account for most if not all NGFL teams easily.

It will be definately interesting to see how much of a change the new recruits make to TTU this year and I dont think we will have too long to wait to get a real idea as I think they play City in round 2???

As far as their midfield goes throw guys like Adam Brady, Wade McNeil, David Smith and Justin Palmer in with both the Graham boys and a few of the other recruits (That to be honest I dont really know much about) they seem to have quite a large number of players capable of rotating through there. With what looks to be a rather young fast running sort of a team perhaps with smart rotations through the midfield they may be able to catch a few teams out in this area. And if they can manage to get it down quickly to guys like Aitken and Hawking they could do a bit of damage.

Having said that though there is a fair bit of improvement required to get anywhere near the top 2 or 3 positions from where they have been the last 5 years or so.

Will be an interesting season thats for sure. There has been alot of change across the league since Grand Final day last year.

If TTU have all those players in their side they will smash any North Gippy team. Traralgon reserves would account for most if not all NGFL teams easily.
What a load of crap! How many North Gippy games have seen?

Ummm no. Traralgon ressies would beat Stratty and maybe Boisdale, but wouldn't beat any of the other teams. I reckon they'd struggle to get within 10 goals of Sale-City, Rosey and Gormy's teams in 2010. Not many Tgon ressies have had a massive impact when they've transferred to the NGFL. Plenty of serviceable players, but no superstars.

Iv seen enough Traralgon reserves games to know they would account for most if not all North Gippy teams. NO PROBLEMS. :):):)

First you say that Traralgon reserves would beat anyone, now your saying most teams???

Fair enough it is your opinion but what are you basing it on?? From watching Traralgon seconds play a few games??

It is a pretty ludacris thing to say.

Your going to look like a fool if Tyers dont smash everyone!!!

First you say that Traralgon reserves would beat anyone, now your saying most teams???

Fair enough it is your opinion but what are you basing it on?? From watching Traralgon seconds play a few games??

Your going to look like a fool if Tyers dont smash everyone!!![/quote]

Pretty sure he looks like a fool already Nugget!

Having been involved with both levels of football over the past 7 or 8 years it will be interesting to see how TTU go. I always beleived that the best reserves team in the GFL would finish top 5 in the NGFL. Usually it is the top tier players of the top 2 or 3 teams in the North Gippy make a huge difference. They have a class factor and have played at the higher level or should be playing at the higher level. It will be interesting to see how some of the new TTU recuits go that have never played Senior footy or only played one or two senior games.

Your going to look like a fool if Tyers dont smash everyone!!!

Yes my opinion young fella, before criticizing my post you should read what I have written otherwise you will look like a ignorant person. I base my opinions, not on watching a few Traralgon reserves games. I base my opinions on 30 years of watching and playing football (at the highest level i may add) in Gippsland.
As for Mr Cigar you seem to be ready to hand out insults very quickly. I wonder if you were not hiding behind your computer moniter you would be so quick to jaw off ?? I think not.

Having been involved with both levels of football over the past 7 or 8 years it will be interesting to see how TTU go. I always beleived that the best reserves team in the GFL would finish top 5 in the NGFL. Usually it is the top tier players of the top 2 or 3 teams in the North Gippy make a huge difference. They have a class factor and have played at the higher level or should be playing at the higher level. It will be interesting to see how some of the new TTU recuits go that have never played Senior footy or only played one or two senior games.

This I do tend to agree with, I would think that it is realistic that out of the two grand finals sides playing in last years grand final in the Gippsland League Reserves competition that they would be capable of pushing for a top five spot. Boisdale Briagolong of two years ago was made up of mainly players who had played mainly seconds and some senior football at Maffra, they had two or three stars but were a real solid team who were very competitive and finished top five.

But....when finals came around and teams had there best players playing Boisdale got found out.

Your last point is spot on, it will be interesting. this will ultimately determine how good TTU will be.

Yes my opinion young fella, before criticizing my post you should read what I have written otherwise you will look like a ignorant person. I base my opinions, not on watching a few Traralgon reserves games. I base my opinions on 30 years of watching and playing football (at the highest level i may add) in Gippsland.
As for Mr Cigar you seem to be ready to hand out insults very quickly. I wonder if you were not hiding behind your computer moniter you would be so quick to jaw off ?? I think not.

So sorry Mr Tomm, now that I know you were a star player and had played and watched at the highest level for 30 years I take back what I said.

I am ignorant, as I am only a young fella who hasn't been around for as long as you I will wait 25 more years before forming opinions to be as good as yours.

So sorry once again.

I think all posters should apologize to Mr. Tomm after we ridiculed his posts.

This I do tend to agree with, I would think that it is realistic that out of the two grand finals sides playing in last years grand final in the Gippsland League Reserves competition that they would be capable of pushing for a top five spot. Boisdale Briagolong of two years ago was made up of mainly players who had played mainly seconds and some senior football at Maffra, they had two or three stars but were a real solid team who were very competitive and finished top five.

But....when finals came around and teams had there best players playing Boisdale got found out.

Your last point is spot on, it will be interesting. this will ultimately determine how good TTU will be.

So sorry Mr Tomm, now that I know you were a star player and had played and watched at the highest level for 30 years I take back what I said.

I am ignorant, as I am only a young fella who hasn't been around for as long as you I will wait 25 more years before forming opinions to be as good as yours.

So sorry once again.

I think all posters should apologize to Mr. Tomm after we ridiculed his posts.

Thank you young Mr Nugget, you now seem a little intelligent.
I would like to correct just one thing you have stated , please don't refer to me as a star. AS I THINK SUPER STAR IS MORE APPROPRIATE.

Well done young fella, I look forward to your next posting (even if you are full of it)

Thank you young Mr Nugget, you now seem a little intelligent.
I would like to correct just one thing you have stated , please don't refer to me as a star. AS I THINK SUPER STAR IS MORE APPROPRIATE.

Well done young fella, I look forward to your next posting (even if you are full of it)

:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back