Nth Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas, I only put it back so the following discussion had an original point of reference.

Jimmy, I have no means of finding out what is fact or fiction in the North Gippy. In any case, that wasnt why it was deleted. Go back and read the posts following the original. Im not regurgitating what was said here.

And Nugget, obviously I was vindicated in removing the obvious "rumour/innuendo". Either that or his surgeon is pretty good at putting hammy's back on the bone...lol

Let us leave it be, now.

Who were the winners? Who kicked all the goals and what were the upsets?

agreed, lets leave this ugly mess in the past. thought i'm not sure of every result, heyfield was defeated by briag in every grade, sale city beat stratty which was prob expected, churchill had a win over rosedale and hopefully put their season back on track. i am unsure about the rest of the results though...

aww ok then ill probly come down and watch sometime?? I here Corey Mckernon is going to play a few games for heyfield!! is this true or just rumours

aww ok then ill probly come down and watch sometime?? I here Corey Mckernon is going to play a few games for heyfield!! is this true or just rumours

nah mate apparently he signed at dargo over the weekend.. i think the sting rays are favorite to win the granny this year

Churchill vs Rosedale - I would think whoever loses this game will have no chance of playing finals this season. Not because it is mathematically impossible, but, they have both been disappointing so far, and this is a chance for either team to kick start their year whilst the other is down. I would think Churchill should return to winning ways on home soil. Should be a close contest, as should most of these round's matches.

Heyfield vs Boisdale Briag - Certain match of the round. Infact, this is potentially a preview of a September match up. From all reports, Wayne Knight is probably 5 votes clear in the league B&F at this stage, with at least 3 best of ground performances, if he continues his form, I would think that Heyfield at home will get over the line, however, Bois are one of, if not, the most improved side over the past 2 seasons. I expect this match to live up to match of the round billings.

Stratford vs Sale City - This fixture last year produced one of the finest individual performances of the season, and also Stratford's only victory of the season. Both sides are a completely different proposition from last season, and both would think they have a big say in the top half of the ladder this season. The potential return from injury of Nick Hyder could be the difference between the sides, if he plays, Sale City may be too silky in the middle, if not, Stratford may cause a mini upset and get their 3rd win of the year.

Woodside vs Cowwarr - If 10 of the Woodside senior side drink 400 pots between them at the Woodside pub on Friday night, I would predict that Woodside would still have enough gas in the tank (pardon the pun) to get over the line against Cowwarr. If Rockin' Ronny gets hot against this young Cowwarr outfit, watch out for him and Staley to both get into double figure goal tallies. With plenty of goals likely to be kicked, and the Cowwarr ruck stocks run dry since the departure of the big "Schnitzel" Don Veale, look for Travis Ronaldson to break through the 100 hit out mark.

MOTHER'S DAY MADNESS - Gormondale vs Glengarry - Glen have won 2, Gormy none, you would assume Glen would win right?? Maybe not so, Gormy have pushed good sides, and had some bad luck in close losses, biggest loss of the year is the first round loss to Churchill by 31 points, the rest have been even closer than that. Glen have beaten Cowwarr and TTU fairly comfortable and lost their other games. Last week's defeat to Rosedale might just prove that injuries to up to 6 senior players may be taking their toll on Glen. One thing is for sure, these grudge matches are normally hotly contested battles.

Churchill, as predicted by most, took this one out in what seems like a tight tussle. Rosedale must have stood up, and really come to play looking at the final score. Looks like both sides may be on the improve.

Boisdale Briag took the points over Heyfield, and although Heyfield may have been backed, it certainly wasn't on the cards. I did tip Heyfield, however, as stated, Boisdale are definitely one of the most improved sides in the league in recent times, and may be now showing everyone they are one of the premier teams, not just an improving team.

Sale City took the points convincingly over Startford. Jake Schuback told the Stratford full back before the first bounce that he was going to kick 10 on him and you guessed it, J Schuback 10 goals in one of the better performances I have seen by a NGFL forward. Schuback will beat sides off his own boot with performances like that. The thing that convinced me of this was when Moses, Jesus and God were all double teaming him and he outmarked them all and kicked a goal from 60 metres out on the boundary. The big positive for the Swans was the 4 quarter performance put in by Nick Farley, who would have comfortable had more than 30 touches and put in a fine performance all day.

Woodside won, no surprises. More goals for Staley. I think the league trophy supplier can start filling in his name on the Coleman. Whilst he's at it, he can probably engrave Heyfield, Woodside and Boisdale Briag as the top 3 sides on the ladder at the end of the home and away season.

Gormondale got over Glen to probably confirm that Glen have too many injuries to cover. Is this the start of something for Gormy, or did they just catch Glen at a bad time with so many unavailable through injury?

Churchill, as predicted by most, took this one out in what seems like a tight tussle. Rosedale must have stood up, and really come to play looking at the final score. Looks like both sides may be on the improve.
Boisdale Briag took the points over Heyfield, and although Heyfield may have been backed, it certainly wasn't on the cards. I did tip Heyfield, however, as stated, Boisdale are definitely one of the most improved sides in the league in recent times, and may be now showing everyone they are one of the premier teams, not just an improving team.

Sale City took the points convincingly over Startford. Jake Schuback told the Stratford full back before the first bounce that he was going to kick 10 on him and you guessed it, J Schuback 10 goals in one of the better performances I have seen by a NGFL forward. Schuback will beat sides off his own boot with performances like that. The thing that convinced me of this was when Moses, Jesus and God were all double teaming him and he outmarked them all and kicked a goal from 60 metres out on the boundary. The big positive for the Swans was the 4 quarter performance put in by Nick Farley, who would have comfortable had more than 30 touches and put in a fine performance all day.

Woodside won, no surprises. More goals for Staley. I think the league trophy supplier can start filling in his name on the Coleman. Whilst he's at it, he can probably engrave Heyfield, Woodside and Boisdale Briag as the top 3 sides on the ladder at the end of the home and away season.

Gormondale got over Glen to probably confirm that Glen have too many injuries to cover. Is this the start of something for Gormy, or did they just catch Glen at a bad time with so many unavailable through injury?

nice rap up of the weekend games. however maybe you should be spending less time on write ups of the games and more time on lifting team moral especially after news from the weekend.

The H Train (Luke Henderson) has hung the boots up to concerntrate on coaching. A tough decison, but one which he thinks will be best for all parties involved. How do I know this?.....He told me!!!!

nice rap up of the weekend games. however maybe you should be spending less time on write ups of the games and more time on lifting team moral especially after news from the weekend.

If I actually knew who you were, I would probably put more weight on the comments that you make. At the moment, you don't rate any higher than the 16 - 18 year olds that come on here and carry on about K Wood and the like.

How did your football team go on the weekend Crazy Jimmy? You seem to want all the answers on everyone else's comings and goings? Why don't you let us know which club you play for, and then we can give our opinions on your club.

It's pretty easy to pass smart ass comments when you are not willing to come out from behind your nickname.

Can anyone fill me in what Happened on Saturday? Preferably Luke or John.

It seems like I have missed something

Can someone please post teams for this week? I try looking each week on the North Gippsland updated site, but nothing is ever listed. I'm travelling from Melbourne to Sale this weekend to watch Heyfield play. Thanks :)

If I actually knew who you were, I would probably put more weight on the comments that you make. At the moment, you don't rate any higher than the 16 - 18 year olds that come on here and carry on about K Wood and the like.

How did your football team go on the weekend Crazy Jimmy? You seem to want all the answers on everyone else's comings and goings? Why don't you let us know which club you play for, and then we can give our opinions on your club.

It's pretty easy to pass smart ass comments when you are not willing to come out from behind your nickname.

firstly, i carry on about K wood because there is so much hype around the way he conducts himself on the field. my football team, Heyfield, lost on the weekend. maybe you shouldn't say that im hiding behind my nickname when we are clearly having a private message conversation in which i said you will know who i am.

you seem to be getting on the defensive to much. As you know, this isn't a 'comment'. however i have no need to get into a war of words for someone that i actually respect quite highly. more so i wanted to actually let you know how Steve felt after what you said. which is a fact.

firstly, i carry on about K wood because there is so much hype around the way he conducts himself on the field. my football team, Heyfield, lost on the weekend. maybe you shouldn't say that im hiding behind my nickname when we are clearly having a private message conversation in which i said you will know who i am.

you seem to be getting on the defensive to much. As you know, this isn't a 'comment'. however i have no need to get into a war of words for someone that i actually respect quite highly. more so i wanted to actually let you know how Steve felt after what you said. which is a fact.

Fair enough bad boy. I'm probably just jealous about K Wood. Up until he stormed into the scene I was the most popular obese left foot goal kicking machine. Now he has really stolen my limelight!

Steve is a bit like Stevie Milne, whether it is slotted through snaps, or getting into the media for scandulous allegations of off field indiscretions, he is never too far from the headlines!!

Fair enough bad boy. I'm probably just jealous about K Wood. Up until he stormed into the scene I was the most popular obese left foot goal kicking machine. Now he has really stolen my limelight!

Steve is a bit like Stevie Milne, whether it is slotted through snaps, or getting into the media for scandulous allegations of off field indiscretions, he is never too far from the headlines!!

K.Woodland must be petty good if he has taken the lime light from the 2008 reserves leading goalkicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well i don't think that he can take away from you the 2nds goal kicking last year and now the coach of a team on the rise.

as for steve, make sure that he is not getting on the front page of the Gippy times or the Heyfield news because things like that can really lower moral.. glad to see you finally found out who i am.. prob because of you nugget

Big news that is sure to be front page on tomorrows gippy times is that big full forward Rowan wallace is looking for a new home in north gippy after he had a falling out with sale. the news comes as his father told him after a couple of beers to 'leave the club before you do any more damage to it.' Wallace, looking at his skill, would be a massive pick up in the 3rds if they a looking for a final tilt, but would not be great for a young, developing team. he could also play senior footy. i can see him going to stratty, but what does everyone else think?

Big news that is sure to be front page on tomorrows gippy times is that big full forward Rowan wallace is looking for a new home in north gippy after he had a falling out with sale. the news comes as his father told him after a couple of beers to 'leave the club before you do any more damage to it.' Wallace, looking at his skill, would be a massive pick up in the 3rds if they a looking for a finals tilt, but would not be great for a young, developing team. he could also play senior footy. i can see him going to stratty, but what does everyone else think?

it could be like Ben Cousins last year in the AFL, lets hope he doesn't do his hamstring though.

The H Train (Luke Henderson) has hung the boots up to concerntrate on coaching. A tough decison, but one which he thinks will be best for all parties involved. How do I know this?.....He told me!!!!
I hope Stratford go OK this weekend. They should be more organized from the bench which is an area they need to greatly improve in.

Heyfield Football Club will gladly pay Stratford Football Club $5000 to have Rowan Wallace play for them this season, if those rumours are true. Whilst he is already there he might as well play cricket for Stratford as well.

Bar takings will increase dramatically(that's if they serve Barcardi Breezers) Rowan's preferred drink of choice. He thinks it's a good conversation starter with the opposite sex.:)

Heyfield Football Club will gladly pay Stratford Football Club $5000 to have Rowan Wallace play for them this season, if those rumours are true. Whilst he is already there he might as well play cricket for Stratford as well.

Bar takings will increase dramatically(that's if they serve Barcardi Breezers) Rowan's preferred drink of choice. He thinks it's a good conversation starter with the opposite sex.:)

you can't offer a player like Rowan Wallace a $5000 fee to play for your club and expect him to be their next week. i would assume that a west gippy star will draw atleast that much each week, and it is worth is for his services.

Breezers are a mans drink

If this is true...............I believe Rowan Wallace has got family ties in Heyfield, blood relative to the great Mark Waldo (Heyfield 4ths Cricketer for Ever) and the great beer barren John Waldo, with these ties i would hope to See Rowan over to Heyfield, has played 2 games for the Rooboys and would fit in very well with the the thirds attitude towards footy!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

I travelled from Melbourne yesterday morning to watch my first ever game of country footy- Sale vs Heyfield. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and the game was great, even if it was a blowout. I hope the boys do well for the rest of the season and play Mark Stevens more. In honesty, he was the number one reason for my attendance. I've been an admirer for over ten years :). Quick question though, how do I see who is lining up each week for Heyfield? I fluked it yesterday. Is there a website link someone can tell me about?

If this is true...............I believe Rowan Wallace has got family ties in Heyfield, blood relative to the great Mark Waldo (Heyfield 4ths Cricketer for Ever) and the great beer barren John Waldo, with these ties i would hope to See Rowan over to Heyfield, has played 2 games for the Rooboys and would fit in very well with the the thirds attitude towards footy!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

very good point, but you forgot to mention that he is also a bogan that will not have quite friday nights! is that what a re-building heyfield 3rds need?

very good point, but you forgot to mention that he is also a bogan that will not have quite friday nights! is that what a re-building heyfield 3rds need?

your right this is not what the heyfield thirds need...i would say stratford or boisedale should look for him as he can bring both skill and experience to the playing group as they make a tilt towards finals...the heyfield thirds need a key position backman so carolan can free up and use his poise in the midfield and i dont think wallace is this person

i think Rowen Wallace would be a very good pick up for the 3rds!! him and K Woodland would make a unstopable match up together after K woodland racked up 50 possys on the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back