Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice the centre bounce where we had only 3 players inside the centre square. 2nd Quarter. O'Meara wins the clearance of course.

I mean seriously... Wtf is going on there?

Also McKenzie bashing is disgraceful, his inside stats are surprisingly decent compared to some of the favourites on here. He is doing some nice things in each game he plays.

yep they were calling someone to get inside and boomer ended up running into the square. Agree with the Mckenzie bashing is over the top but he needs to be dropped until he can find the ball more

Also McKenzie bashing is disgraceful, his inside stats are surprisingly decent compared to some of the favourites on here. He is doing some nice things in each game he plays.

Key word = some. He is averaging 16 disposals a game (excluding the one where he was sub). It's just not enough to justify a spot in the midfield. He played two good games against the Bulldogs - 21 disposals (but only 11 by foot) - and Port - 25 disposals (including 16 by foot) - but has otherwise been poor.

Key word = some. He is averaging 16 disposals a game (excluding the one where he was sub). It's just not enough to justify a spot in the midfield. He played two good games against the Bulldogs - 21 disposals (but only 11 by foot) - and Port - 25 disposals (including 16 by foot) - but has otherwise been poor.

Harsh given he was excellent in that game.

He has played 3 good games out of 7. Which is more than quite a few others.

He doesn't need 25, he just needs 15 in space.

I was trying to do too many things at the same time and I took half an hour to complete my comment as it was. I am glad I got it off my chest though.

I somewhat agree with that bit, but the way the game is being played at the minute his lack of impact in contested play is telling because there is little space in which to operate. You simply can't carry a player who averages 15 touches that cannot have a significant impact in a contested situation. He is a midfielder who averages 1.4 tackles and 2.3 clearances a game, so right now he is not being a weapon on the outside, does not provide much of an outlet for team mates and has trouble winning his own footy.

I reckon he needs to spend the rest of the year at VFL level playing on ball. We don't need to carry him when we have a fit squad to choose from so I thing he would benefit from working on that aspect of his game for the rest of the year.

I somewhat agree with that bit, but the way the game is being played at the minute his lack of impact in contested play is telling because there is little space in which to operate. You simply can't carry a player who averages 15 touches that cannot have a significant impact in a contested situation. He is a midfielder who averages 1.4 tackles and 2.3 clearances a game, so right now he is not being a weapon on the outside, does not provide much of an outlet for team mates and has trouble winning his own footy.

I reckon he needs to spend the rest of the year at VFL level playing on ball. We don't need to carry him when we have a fit squad to choose from so I thing he would benefit from working on that aspect of his game for the rest of the year.

agree. Yeah ain't no Cyril Rioli and his lethal left foot at times goes straight to opposition players.

I excluded the sub game because it skews the averages. I think it's more accurate to say he's played 2 good games out of 6 than 3 out of 7 but I may be splitting hairs.

agree. Yeah ain't no Cyril Rioli and his lethal left foot at times goes straight to opposition players.

Yeah he aint no Cecil R for sure, McKenzie has played a whooping 19 games, Cecil 127.

I often wonder how a Cecil R would be received in an inconsistent side like ours?

Rhetorical question as I know the answer.:cool:

You need to look at the more detailed stats Tron.

Those figures aren't bad.

His score involvement numbers compare ultra favourably to blokes who get the ball more than him. Personally think we persist given he has improved significantly year on year.

didn't stop llyod getting free kicks, I agree on thomas - i dont think he is what north stands for and shouldnt be in the team

still doesn't explain why we as NMFC getting shafted week in and week out by the umpiring - I know its not overall reason why we lost that game on the weekend as were outplayed by a more desperate and quick team but jeezo the umpires directly contributed to at least 5 goals that I can remember and 2 right on half and 3/4 time sirens - bastards

Lindsay Thomas is exactly what North Melbourne stands for and he should be in the team because he is a quality footballer who has an unfair reputation which isn't helped when the teams own supporters continue to say garbage about him!

Did anyone else notice the centre bounce where we had only 3 players inside the centre square. 2nd Quarter. O'Meara wins the clearance of course.

We only had two at one stage. Another came in to make it three. Their spare (O'Meara) cleared the footy.

****ing amateur hour.

Gold Coast only had 2 for plus a ruck man at one stage too.

We have favourites? Whom would they be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stan Alves and Mark Maclure really shit me to tears on the ABC commentary. They may as well be a couple of pensioners pulled out of the crowd, their analysis of the game generally equates to "Man up! Kick it long! Who was that to?"
I prefer the ABC to the other stations but Maclure does come across as a bitter old woman.

You need to look at the more detailed stats Tron.

Those figures aren't bad.

His score involvement numbers compare ultra favourably to blokes who get the ball more than him. Personally think we persist given he has improved significantly year on year.
You want detailed stats? I'll give you detailed stats.

The kid is in the team for his "lethal left foot" - I think everyone can agree on that. If he kicked like Liam Anthony he would have gone pick 50+ in the draft.

Again, I will take out the Fremantle game to be fair and not skew the averages. In the other 6 games he has had:

9 kicks (on avg)
2.3 clangers
1.8 inside 50's
1.3 1%
0.17 goal assists

Really sounds like he's making a big contribution each week.

Our third player came in late as well.

Also why do we sometimes set up with all our players on the defensive side at the contest at throw-ins leaving the opposition all free on the other side? I've noticed it a few times this season - puts enormous pressure on Goldy to win the hitout.

Regarding McClure, should see him on AFL 360. Barely strings two words together and always looks like he's about to pass out.
Long lunches with Robbo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Contested Possessions:

34 v 42

Clearances:

17 v 11

Tackles:

15 v 28

1%'s:

9 v 9

Goal assists:

2 v 1

For all the talk of being outside and softish, I reckon he has developed his game significantly and is being used poorly.

How can Gibbo be given free reign to do whatever he wants when in some crucial stats for outside players he is getting smashed by a bloke who most people want dropped.

7 games, upwards of 20 uncontested per game, yet only 1 assist for the year. How is that even possible?

My point is free kicks had ZERO effect on the outcome of the game (43pts), we were outplayed by a far better team on the day, enough said, move on people......the game is over, we lost pure and simple. Fact.

How can Gibbo be given free reign to do whatever he wants when in some crucial stats...

7 games, upwards of 20 uncontested per game, yet only 1 assist for the year. How is that even possible?

It's the role he plays - he's a link in the chain rather than the final piece.

He's third at the club for score involvements this year.

Top 10 for anyone interested:

59 - Boomer
46 - Dal
37 - Gibson
35 - Adams
34 - Cunnington
34 - Petrie
32 - Bastinac
32 - Thomas
31 - Goldstein
29 - Black

It's the role he plays - he's a link in the chain rather than the final piece.

He's third at the club for score involvements this year.

Top 10 for anyone interested:

59 - Boomer
46 - Dal
37 - Gibson
35 - Adams
34 - Cunnington
34 - Petrie
32 - Bastinac
32 - Thomas
31 - Goldstein
29 - Black
Thanks Rick.

My point is free kicks had ZERO effect on the outcome of the game (43pts), we were outplayed by a far better team on the day, enough said, move on people......the game is over, we lost pure and simple. Fact.
You're certainly reaching.

Free kicks certainly had an impact on goal scoring and changing momentum of the game at crucial times. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

We certainly weren't good enough to beat Gold Coast and the umpires.

Gold Coast are a very good side, it would have been good to see if we could have matched them without undue and unfair influence from the umpires.

You're certainly reaching.

Free kicks certainly had an impact on goal scoring and changing momentum of the game at crucial times. Anyone with half a brain could see that.

We certainly weren't good enough to beat Gold Coast and the umpires.

Gold Coast are a very good side, it would have been good to see if we could have matched them without undue and unfair influence from the umpires.

You're kidding right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review NTH v GC Review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back